Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DirecTV 'Hannah Davis and Her Horse' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 9:36pm
Yeah, OK, DirecTV, you can stop this now. Enough. Stop it. You've had enough time to come up with something to follow up Rob Lowe. Stop this. Lazy asses. Stop it. Enough. Stop.
Sponsored Links

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 11:51pm
Maybe they could have Hannah and her horse trot by a glue factory.

The horse could pass out mid-sentence.
Maybe Hannah could give it mouth-to-muzzle?

See, and you guys didn't think I knew what a horse's mouth was called.

... OK, OK.. I had to look it up on "Identifying Horse Parts for Dummies".

Really, there is such a link!
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/identifying-horse-parts-and-markings.html

This might be my 200th post!?
I should be ashamed. But then I feel totally normal after watching any of the gems here on CIH. !!
Gokuroom View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gokuroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 11:57pm
Next, they'll have Hannah and her horse trot by a bunch of snipers.

"Did you know that DirecTV is better than Dish Network or Xfinit-" *BANG BANG BANG!*

"Finally! I'm free"

"Rob Lowe, we've got her down".
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 3:37am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

CryGoats get a bad name - they're easy catches and good eats...and funny, when like these:

You got me PaWolf! Fainting goats are so much funnier than screaming goats!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Dervrak View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dervrak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 3:26pm
I never saw the "...and I'm gay whiner Rob Lowe" commercial.

Lol! When I read that I actually pictured such a commercial in my head done in the same manner as the other Rob Lowe / DirecTV commercial.

Hi! I'm gay Rob Lowe and I enjoy the cable company giving it to me up the a** with high cable bills.

And I'm straight Robe Low, and I engage in threesomes with two super hot women while watching DirecTV.

(I wonder how long that commercial would have lasted before everybody went ape s**t and demanded it be pulled.)
BobKnows View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobKnows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 2:06pm
I hate Hannah AND her damn horse!!  The real star is the goat!  MORE GOAT, PLEASE!!!  Is DirectTV so cheap they can't have at least 6 different versions of Hannah and her horse?!?!  I'm watching the Tour de France and they're showing the same commercial every 10 minutes day-in and day-out for 3 weeks???  WTF!!  I'm SO sick of seeing it!  This makes me want to (1) change my channel and (2) never consider signing up for DirectTV!

On the positive side, I find that I'm really enjoying the various Col. Sanders commercials!

Oh crap, here's Hannah again and it's the first time in days I've seen a different version!  Bring back Rob Lowe!!!!!!!!!!
Angelnurse1208 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelnurse1208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 6:09am
I agree. This "hannah " ommercial is nothing but degrading to women. So I guess it's targeting the male market as usual. Rob Lowe commercial banned to be replaced by this?!? What the hell. Thanks direct tv. Thinking of cancelling my subscription due to your stupidity!!!
Angelnurse1208 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelnurse1208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 6:11am
Loving the goat more and more. Tired of commercials that make women feel inferior! !

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 4:24pm
Yeah baby. Wash my dirty knees..

And hey, while you're down there.....Evil SmileWink
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

Yeah baby. Wash my dirty knees..

And hey, while you're down there.....Evil SmileWink
LOLI didn't see that part of your post until I said the same thing out loud...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 1:24am
Anybody know who does the horse's voice. It's got to be the most irritating foreign accent I've heard in a long time.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 1:59am
Originally posted by atikovi atikovi wrote:

Anybody know who does the horse's voice. It's got to be the most irritating foreign accent I've heard in a long time.

Australian I think. I used to like hearing Aussies speak until they suddenly invaded so many commercials.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 1:57pm

Now I have to go soak my shirt in sweat.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 3:08pm
well lets not throw Jemaine of Flight of the Conchords under the bus for a really dumb and sexist ad...he has done many odd things since the show (Muppets? Other cartoon voices?) but his work with Brit is stellar
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

<A>Jemaine Clement - ComedianJemaine Clement</A>
<SMALL =text-muted>http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7ieZ/directv-hannah-davis-riding-her-horse</SMALL>

<SMALL =text-muted></SMALL> 

<SMALL =text-muted>Now I have to go soak my shirt in sweat.</SMALL>

Thanks for the link aka. The horse's voice is Harry Prichett. There is some info on IMDb and he has his own web page. His biographies' contain no personal information just career accomplishments. I'm guessing since he does many voiceovers with accents disclosing his country of origin would spoil the illusion or something...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 4:10pm
I don't know, Sarge.
Here's another link that says it's the guy I posted.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 5:52pm

I don't know, Sarge.
Here's another link that says it's the guy I posted.

My bad! The ispot link listed Harry Prichett as voice over. Jemaine Clement was listed below that as voice over horse. Jemaine is a Kiwi. Pretty close to Aussie.
Bobbinapples View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbinapples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Australian I think. I used to like hearing Aussies speak until they suddenly invaded so many commercials.

Actually i'm pretty sure it's new zealand. I would recognize that voice anywhere, it's Jemaine Clement from Flight of the Conchords. Even he doesn't want to be so overtly associated with these abominations.

EDIT: OOPS didn't notice you were already replied to. I'm glad my assumption wasn't wrong though, since I love Flight of the Conchords work. Can't say I appreciate them doing this though =(
Bad commercials feed my rage.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 6:46pm
I looked for some more information,  I think Harry Prichett is doing the goat. Tongue  LOL

I found a cool show on NOVA this morning about the lost MA 370 flight, that's PBS.
Screw the satellite and cable!!!!Angry
jenebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 9:17pm
Dead  The Hannah and her horse thing is one sick commercial to me.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 4:12am

I looked for some more information,  I think Harry Prichett is doing the goat. Tongue  LOL

That goat looks like one of my friend's ex-wives.

...I found a cool show on NOVA this morning about the lost MA 370 flight, that's PBS.
Screw the satellite and cable!!!!Angry
(Wink)ConfusedI don't care what you believe, but *I* know if a cable were attached to MA370, we'd know where it was day one.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 4:30pm
one must wonder what Hannah and said horse (& GOAT) are doing...

when the camera is..... OFFEvil Smile
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic