Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I have a television related rant!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I have a television related rant!!!!
    Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 2:42am
Every Monday night, MeTV runs B2B episodes of The Bob Newhart Show from 9 pm to 10 pm.

Over on AntennaTV, they rune B2B episodes of Newhart like 5 or 6 nights a week.

So, on Monday nights, I always have to choose between The Bob Newhart Show and Newhart.

Pisses me off!!!!

Equally as bad, is how our Daytona Beach PBS station runs a great Brit Detective show called Pie In The Sky on Sunday Nights at 9 pm, which is the exact same time slot the other Orlando PBS station runs Masterpiece broadcasts like Downton Abby & their Mystery! series.

That's my rant, dammit!!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 3:23am
You need another TV and a DVR or VCR...  Wink
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 3:36am
Actually I have two TV sets in my living room. Also have an old VCR.

Plus, I can go back & watch most of the old shows I watch online.

I'd rather be able to watch them on one TV during their regular broadcast time, though.

But these TV stations just don't seem to have any consideration for my personal TV viewing preferences.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 3:42am

Sounds like you have all the equipment you need to watch both at the same time, just need to work on that 'split personality', eh? Might be able to 'keep an eye' on each set and garnish twice the entertainment?

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 4:50am

Write your Congressman!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 12:36pm
your Congressman!

There.

We'll see if that works.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 12:45pm
LOLLOL
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 10:11pm
Never noticed that, but then I don't care that much for Antennae TV programming. I like Newhart over Bob Newhart.  
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 5:39am
I've noticed it, and yeah it is pretty interesting. Maybe it's because I watched it all the time on Nick at Nite back in the 90s, but I'm more partial to The Bob Newhart Show. Newhart is just too dry for me, even with the quirky characters.

However, Antenna TV hacks its shows to bits. I know the episodes probably come from syndication edits, but the network itself cuts up scenes and portions of theme songs as well. It's really shoddy at times.
The poster formerly known as producer757
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 12:45pm
Same here re: TBNS over Newhart.

I love anything with Bob Newhart in it, but the original show was the bestest.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 12:57pm

^  Last I saw him was in an episode of The Big Bang Theory a few years ago.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 1:02pm
Yeah, he still occasionally gets invited to do guest appearances on current shows.

Such is his awesomeness.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 5:08pm
He had a pretty funny cameo on Craig Ferguson's final show. Won't spoil it if you haven't seen it.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 5:19pm
I really only watched what I think is the first of the series of shows from Newhart, 1972-1978.
After that went off the air, I was divorced and out being stupid, not watching much TV.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I really only watched what I think is the first of the series of shows from Newhart, 1972-1978.
After that went off the air, I was divorced and out being stupid, not watching much TV.

Same here, sans the divorce part.

I'm just now seeing the Newhart episodes of the 80's for the first time.

It's like a brand new show to me.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 5:30pm
I wouldn't watch The Walking Dead, till I saw the raves about it here and on the other forum.

Now I've discovered all these cool shows like Mad Men, now my sunday morning routine.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 6:00pm
Retro & Brit are all I watch.

I can't stand the characters on modern American TV or the way they are presented.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I can't stand the characters on modern American TV or the way they are presented.

I would make due with what I have also, nothing wrong with that, some of the new shows on cable, are pretty damned good.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 8:44pm

Curious to your reason, and wondering if it's anything like mine. A lot of current shows annoy me because there's always one (or more) characters who's just snarky and insufferable. For instance Sheldon from Big Bang Theory. The show itself is funny, but I always want to punch Sheldon in the mouth.

Stopped watching the American version of The Office a while ago for a similar reason. It seemed like nobody on the show was likeable. For some reason, American shows have to have at least one snarky or bitchy character to keep it "edgy".
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by tvpirate05 tvpirate05 wrote:

Curious to your reason, and wondering if it's anything like mine. A lot of current shows annoy me because there's always one (or more) characters who's just snarky and insufferable. For instance Sheldon from Big Bang Theory. The show itself is funny, but I always want to punch Sheldon in the mouth.

Stopped watching the American version of The Office a while ago for a similar reason. It seemed like nobody on the show was likeable. For some reason, American shows have to have at least one snarky or bitchy character to keep it "edgy".

Pretty much the same reasons plus some. Mostly the snark & the attitude though. And, it seems like American shows are all youth-centric & sex obsessed. The sitcom dialogue is little more than one sexual innuendo after another & the dramas can't seem to avoid two or more of the characters having a sexual affair & devoting too much of the plot to them yammering about it.

I was a fan of The Office, but I've never seen one episode of Big Bang Theory. Too snarky & fake hip as well as being sex obsessed. Just gets repetitive.

What I really cannot stand are modern American cop/crime shows. Every cop show is full of the kind of bitchy Hollywood fashion model chick cops who I just do not believe would ever be cops in real life.

C'mon, man!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 9:39pm
Watched a couple episodes of BigBangT, just can't get into it. 
Fox has a sub channel - dunno if it has a name. Anyway, it shows Law & Order special victims/criminal intent... the only crime show I watch.

Just recently started getting GRIT.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Watched a couple episodes of BigBangT, just can't get into it. 
Fox has a sub channel - dunno if it has a name. Anyway, it shows Law & Order special victims/criminal intent... the only crime show I watch.

Just recently started getting GRIT.

I might have watched Law & Order, but I just never could stand this bitch...

GRIT has some pretty good stuff.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 11:38pm

I might have watched Law & Order, but I just never could stand this bitch...

GRIT has some pretty good stuff.

Cryohhhh..the poor underinformed.
I actually watch Law & Order partially because I really LIKE Mariska Hargitay (Jayne Mansfield's daughter). This woman has a true-to-life 'boatload of meaning' in a lot of what she does OUTSIDE of the acting job. Take a peek if you ever decide to - she's extremely intense in real life.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 11:40pm
She makes me gag.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 11:42pm

She makes me gag.

CryYou don't need a real woman. You need a NONS.(Wink)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic