Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Radio Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Age 50 Commercial

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Age 50 Commercial
    Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 7:00pm
Ever hear this radio commercial about Super Beta Prostate? (Say that 10x fast)...

I can't stand this commercial...I'm not even 50+ years old...I'll probably be gone once I hit the 50 year mark!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 7:47pm
Direct Link To This Post<<---Here's a whole thread about the same poop, but on the idiot box...and, if you make it to 50, don't be surprised if you need the stuff.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
asi9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asi9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 1:00am
OurTime.com (or something like that), a commercial for an on-line dating service for people over 50. While I never get it when commercials have the disclaimer "Actor Portrayal"-of course there are actors doing commercials. The one time when such a disclaimer is needed is in an on-line dating service. Especially when the actor is saying something like "I got several hits as soon as I registered...", clearly giving the notion that this good-looking actor is who you may hook-up with. 

I'm happily married and not looking to date, but this commercial infuriates me be cause of the obvious lie! The only way I know it's an actor is because I've seen the guy on numerous other commercials. They are obviously trying to lure poor lonely elderly people (women) with this deception! Clearly "Actor Portrayal" is called for prominently in those commercials.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 2:25am
^I understand your point, but then again, as one ages and possibly loses their partner, life can look awfully dim and cold - especially for those that have long been outside of any social scene.
I have no issue with these sites - it would seem the chance of finding a new friend would be much greater than hitting the lottery...and sure beats the hell out of sitting alone in the dark cold...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic