Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 152153154155156 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 10:13pm

Yeah, really.

Sponsored Links

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 5:48am
Maybe the chickens got'im...  Shocked
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 12:42am
I sent him an email.

Don't know if he's still got the same email addy, though.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 5:29am
ouch Ouch Dropped $1600 on a new lawnmower today.  Couldn't fix the old one (tried, but the engine was pretty much shot.)  Going to have to reorganize the shed to make room, too.  The only good thing about this crappy month is that it is going by fast...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 6:43pm
With my edema and lack of flexibility, I ordered some step bars for my truck.  I have to kick my right leg up into the truck (like a piece of dead meat).  Pull myself inside with the steering wheel.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 7:00pm

White vehicle/chrome wheels=

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 8:37pm
I am, and have been for awhile now, what is commonly referred to as "bored shïtless".

Staying inside all the time, never going anywhere except grocery shopping.... this sucks.

I think I'm beginning to go a little stir crazy.

Nothing to do. Nobody to talk to. The internet has even gotten boring.

Recently I've started being visited by "ghosts" of the distant past that I thought had died long ago.

Memories of certain people, good and not so good times and some of the associated repercussions and regrets have reared their ugly heads and planted themselves in my mind causing me to obsess to the point that I've actually had trouble sleeping at night. 

I think it has begun to subside a bit and I'm dealing with it, but if life doesn't return to normal soon, I may just end up climbing onto the roof and start crowing or something.

Wacko

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 9:06pm
Hang in there Jimbo.

I just cussed out my little brother for interfering with my final wishes.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Hang in there Jimbo.

You're not that close are you????? Shocked

You need to "hang in there" and do whatever your doctors tell you to.

Change your diet, quit smoking.... whatever.

C'mon, man!
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I may just end up climbing onto the roof and start crowing or something.

Wacko

Just don't jump!  Wink
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 12:15am
Originally posted by caroln242 caroln242 wrote:

I may just end up climbing onto the roof and start crowing or something.

Wacko

Just don't jump!  Wink

Oh, I'd be way too chicken to do anything like that.

Besides, it's only 8 feet to the ground and I'd only end up breaking my legs and crippling myself.

Then I'd really be bored.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 5:55am
Quote Nothing to do. Nobody to talk to. The internet has even gotten boring.

Take up writing.  Make up wild sh*t as you go (you can organize & edit later. )  Don't worry about publishing it, just do it for the fun...
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 8:52am

Jeez, Jimbo...I have all of those thoughts, and the covid has barely affected my life at all. The good thing is, I go to work and at least avoid 8 hours of it.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 9:47am

Hang in there Jimbo.

You're not that close are you????? Shocked

You need to "hang in there" and do whatever your doctors tell you to.

Change your diet, quit smoking.... whatever.

I made my will a few years back. It included my DNR (do not resuscitate). Nothing about funeral plans, though.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Quote Nothing to do. Nobody to talk to. The internet has even gotten boring.

Take up writing.  Make up wild sh*t as you go (you can organize & edit later. )  Don't worry about publishing it, just do it for the fun...

I'm too lazy.... LOL

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Jeez, Jimbo...I have all of those thoughts, and the covid has barely affected my life at all. The good thing is, I go to work and at least avoid 8 hours of it.

I guess everyone has those kinds of thoughts, but I've never obsessed over them before.

But like you said, you go to work so it takes your mind off of it. Plus, you've got your brother living in the same house so you can talk about ther stuff with him.

I'm here alone all day, nowhere to go except grocery shopping once per week.

IOW...... I'm suffering from BOREDOM.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 4:14pm

My bro's alone most of the day, and when I get home, I'm beat to hell and just wanna eat and stare at the tube. So I'm not much company for him.

So, in early 2018, he got a dog. The dog was a "rescue" (meaningless word these days), 7 y/o. Well, that dog died in August, and my bro just got a new one. Keeps him occupied.

Have you considered a new cat or dog?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 4:35pm
I still have the cat that I rescued while Fidget was still alive. 

He's a nice cat.

Not much of a conversationalist, though. 

C'mon, man!
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 5:04pm

I am, and have been for awhile now, what is commonly referred to as "bored shïtless".

Staying inside all the time, never going anywhere except grocery shopping.... this sucks.

Recently I've started being visited by "ghosts" of the distant past that I thought had died long ago.

Memories of certain people, good and not so good times and some of the associated repercussions and regrets have reared their ugly heads and planted themselves in my mind causing me to obsess to the point that I've actually had trouble sleeping at night. 

I think it has begun to subside a bit and I'm dealing with it, but if life doesn't return to normal soon, I may just end up climbing onto the roof and start crowing or something.

Wacko

I've too been bored during the pandemic. Not going all that much except going on walks to local parks. I've really enjoyed the internet during quarantine. Checking out this site, and checking out other social media sites and forums. I've had a few small gatherings, but I've missed seeing so many people since March.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 5:24pm
I'm anxious waiting on some of te hospital bills to show up.  I got a couple of them today.

$25.00.  Okay, I can handle that.
$750.00   I'm going to sit on this bill and see if the insurance company wants to pitch in.

12 days in the hospital, 3 days in the ICU. A helicopter ride to Milwaukee.  It's going to be outrageous!

Anyone ever get this condition?  It starts as a small, dry blister on my fingertips.

Now!  8 fingers and a spot on my left palm.  My skin is peeling like a reptile!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 5:29pm

Wacko

I remember you talking about getting NetFlix or some other service.  I have all of that stuff but rarely use it.  I can usually find something new on my normal 120 channels.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 6:08pm

I'm anxious waiting on some of te hospital bills to show up.  I got a couple of them today.

$25.00.  Okay, I can handle that.
$750.00   I'm going to sit on this bill and see if the insurance company wants to pitch in.

12 days in the hospital, 3 days in the ICU. A helicopter ride to Milwaukee.  It's going to be outrageous!

Anyone ever get this condition?  It starts as a small, dry blister on my fingertips.

Now!  8 fingers and a spot on my left palm.  My skin is peeling like a reptile!

I'm praying I can stay healthy until I qualify for Medicare. 

I've had something similar to that skin peeling thing on my thumb before too.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 6:10pm

I remember you talking about getting NetFlix or some other service.  I have all of that stuff but rarely use it.  I can usually find something new on my normal 120 channels.

I thought about it for awhile, but there's really nothing on there that i'm all that desperate to see.

I watch enough TV as it is.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 5:29am
Apparently I picked the perfect time to early vote.  Found an empty parking space, the line was very short (I was told it went way out into the parking lot the previous 3 days) even though some guy cut in line in front of me (I didn't care, wasn't worth making a fuss over), and beat the rain.  In & out in 20 mins...  Smile 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 5:53pm
I finally made an appointment with the eye doctor.  I was running around in heavy rain yesterday, trying to find the other Pizza Hut. I can't see out of my left eye, it's all just a blur. The right lens of my glasses is cracked.  I quit driving at night.

I turned into a one way street-THE WRONG WAY!  I ran over a couple of curbs in a parking lot.  They can see me on weds. morning.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 152153154155156 197>
  Share Topic