Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 100101102103104 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 5:50pm
I also cleaned up the garage and pulled the snowblower out of the shed. When I say cleaned that means I swept the floor.  I cut up 2 X 4's for kindling and sometimes split wood with a maul for easier starts. Sawdust and chunks of wood build up.
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 6:02pm
I had an ambitious plan of things to do today, I got some of it done. First of all, it was as cold as hell...Confused.

It was 22 degrees this morning and that means a hard frost, I couldn't start mulching leaves until 10:00.
Between walking around with the blower and riding the tractor, I'm gonna need a second aspirin today.

I'll take Mama with me to Poy Sippi tomorrow to buy some wood before the precipitation arrives.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 6:24am
Went into Ace today for arch parts.  There was an employee at the opposite end of an aisle, setting up an endcap display.  I heard a crash & looked down the aisle.  Mentally said W... T... F... when I noticed there was somebody under it.  So I went over and shifted a metal panel off his face, and lifted the back panel away so he could get out from under it.  He was a bit dazed.  Asked if he was okay (he said he was, probably more embarrassed than anything), so I went on my way.  

Later in the day, the door-to-door AT&T reps came by to try to sell me a bundle deal.  The big doof making the sales pitch didn't even know what AOL was LOL.  Sent them away after they wasted 3 minutes of my day...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 7:09pm
An exciting day for all the gun deer season hunters in these parts.  Let's go shoot a beautiful, defenseless animal for the meat and the antlers.

Mama is attending a hunter's widow weekend flea market and let's get baked sale. I'm kidding , dammit!

No,  over at the Fin and Feather they are giving free space for local people to sell their arts and crafts.
She has been making jewelry for years and this may be the chance that we see some some real money back in the checking account.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 8:02pm
When we lived in Schenectady (+/-12 years ago), my next-door neighbors were a really nice young Cuban family who barely spoke English, but they worked hard to make it. The husband would go deer hunting every weekend, which means he would dress and clean his kill right in the backyard. Of course the city frowned upon it when the stench, along with bloody deer/buck heads on the family picnic table were left out overnight in the summer and turned into a fly/maggot fest within a day - then they'd come and offer some fresh deer meat.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 11:07am
I've been spending several hours a day cleaning up various parts of the house, I'm in the kitchen this morning.  The lighting is so poor in this house that I brought in this utility light I had in the garage.

I put a 100 watt flood light bulb in it.

Our Maytag range oven has 2 pieces of glass in the door, I don't understand how it can get so dirty in between the glass or how the hell I can get in there and clean it.  Maybe I can find something online.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 12:40pm
Can you take the inside panel of the oven door off?

Or maybe just buy a whole new oven.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 1:32pm
The instructions I found online were not very accurate, I managed to get the outer panel of glass out. Pretty simple really.

Edit:  There are 4 pieces of glass...It looks a lot better now.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 9:26pm
Never once considered doing that with my oven.  I'd clean what I could...and be done with it.  The whole thing needed to be replaced anyway.  The digital info/clock mechanism thing wasn't working right, and being from the 80s, this part was no longer available. 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 3:56pm
My work is done for now, until it's time to clean up. No bully!

The turkey breast is cooking, family arrives at about noon. My wife's kids have another family to visit when they are done here.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 12:38am
My Alma mater's football team just became one of three teams in the nation to finish the season undefeated!!!

Woo Hoo!!!!

UCF (11-0) just defeated its arch rival USF in a game dubbed "The War on I-4", by a score of 49 - 42 in a game that saw the lead change hands four times in the final 2½ minutes!!!

Helluva game!!!!

Go Knights!!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 8:38am
Wisconsin is one of those undefeated teams.

2017 Wisconsin Badgers Schedule
DATEOPPONENTRESULT/TIMERECORD/TICKETS
Fri, Sept 11-0 (0-0)
Sat, Sept 92-0 (0-0)
Sat, Sept 163-0 (0-0)
Sat, Sept 304-0 (1-0)
Sat, Oct 75-0 (2-0)
Sat, Oct 146-0 (3-0)
Sat, Oct 217-0 (4-0)
Sat, Oct 288-0 (5-0)
Sat, Nov 49-0 (6-0)
Sat, Nov 1110-0 (7-0)
Sat, Nov 1811-0 (8-0)
Sat, Nov 253:30 PM ET ABC 432 available from $76
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 9:38am
Yep.

UCF, Wisconsin and Alabama.

Forgot to mention that.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 9:49am
A local high school, Kimberly, just won it's fifth title in a row.  70 straight wins, a national record.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 10:04am
What makes this so incredible for UCF is that they went 0-12 last year.

First time in college football history that has happened.

Going from no wins one season to undefeated the next.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 10:17am
Wow! Just guessing but did they make some changes to the coaching staff?

Good luck to your guys down there, maybe our teams will meet in one of the bowl games.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 10:26am
Yeah, they brought in a guy named Scott Frost.

Actually, what I said earlier wasn't quite correct. They didn't go winless last year, they went winless the year before last in 2015.

Still, it's the first time in college football history that a team has gone from zero wins to undefeated in that short of a time period.

He might not be around much longer though. Some big name college football programs are trying to lure him away.

With a last name like Frost, he should be coaching up in your neck of the woods.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 12:52pm
The normal trash pickup day is Friday, it moved to Saturday because of the holiday. We have a great driver!

They use a truck that only requires one person. My mistake? I forgot to roll them out to the street.

I scurry outside to find the guy moving the trash cans for me, THANK YOU!  You are a good man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 5:50pm
Even with some very mild weather here, I had the urge to make some chili.  Mama, has already had some!

I just added a little more tomato juice, I like it a little soupy so when I add the saltine crackers...it's just a salty overdose of delight. Tongue
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 7:01pm
Talk about luck... yesterday I went to BK for lunch. Had a BOGO coupon for two Whoppers. Went in right around noon-ish, ordered my food and as usual, tendered my credit card as payment. After several attempts to swipe my card and ring up my order, the girl behind the register says "Your meal today is going to be on us because the credit card processing service is down".

So I got two Whoppers, a large order of fries and a drink for FREE!!!

WOO HOO!!!!

Also, earlier today at the grocery store, for the first time ever, I rode one of those electric shopping carts for fat people. Not to shop with or because I had to, but because the last person who used it left it too close to my car in the parking lot, so I rode it back inside the store. Parked it and plugged it in to charge it.

WHEEEEEEE!!!!!

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Also, earlier today at the grocery store, for the first time ever, I rode one of those electric shopping carts for fat people. Not to shop with or because I had to, but because the last person who used it left it too close to my car in the parking lot, so I rode it back inside the store. Parked it and plugged it in to charge it.

WHEEEEEEE!!!!!

Yup.  Fun and games.  That's how it all begins. 

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 7:17pm
Ouch!!!

There's a lawsuit.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 7:19pm
That person does not belong in the soda aisle.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 7:20pm
That person does not belong in a grocery store!!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 7:20pm
I have way too much pride to ride one of those scooters, I bet they smell like ass.

I do have trouble getting around. I lean on my shopping cart.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 100101102103104 197>
  Share Topic