Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 186187188189190 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2022 at 9:36pm
Something to do with your phone, I'd wager.

Probably wouldn't happen on your computer.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2022 at 12:39am

Whether phone, desktop, laptop, at home or at work, there's always some kinda glitch or quirk that can only be attributed to magic. Even if the glitch can be fixed, no one seems to know why it happened.

MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2022 at 1:48am
A temporary glitch in the Matrix perhaps?
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2022 at 11:50am

Really, huh? I find these tempieary glitches to be intolerable sometimes, something that just didn't happen 25 years ago.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2022 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Really, huh? I find these tempieary glitches to be intolerable sometimes, something that just didn't happen 25 years ago.

Well thank goodness they're just "tempieary".

Heaven forbid they ever become permienent. 

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2022 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Well thank goodness they're just "tempieary".

Heaven forbid they ever become permienent.Β 

πŸ˜† Yep. One of the drawbacks of posting on a 2" x 2.5" keypad. πŸ˜„

On the other hand, I can post while in a near vegetative state laying on the couch (as I am now).

MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 1:31am
As all of you know, I am not tech savvy! Word Perfect? I am the boss!
Now I just hope someone will post the video I am referring to in my comment!

Love you guys! You are the best! 😍😍😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2022 at 7:24pm
I saw Jersey Boys a few nights ago. It's the broadway play about the story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. It was really good and the vocalists sounded just like the original.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 5:27pm
Can't believe I slept until after 9:30 this morning.

And I went to bed around 1:00 am or so, which is about average for me.

Kinda throws off my whole day of doing nothing.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 9:10pm

I'd be totally disoriented if I woke up at that time. Considering I haven't slept past 6am since the 80s (not even once!), I'd be worried that I stroked out or something.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by radioandnascarfan radioandnascarfan wrote:

I saw Jersey Boys a few nights ago. It's the broadway play about the story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. It was really good and the vocalists sounded just like the original.

I have a greatest hits CD with 23 songs, and they were all hits (except for maybe one song). It even has their Bob Dylan cover which they did as The Wonder Who.

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 4:13pm
Though I'd drop in and check in on you all after several years absence. Sorry to hear that we've lost a few of our fellow posters. I was hoping to say something fun, but now I'm not in the mood. Hope the rest of you are doing well. 
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 8:37pm

Yep. Two dead, one I'm guessing is dead. That means we have three openings. You may have one:

1. Long-winded and cryptic
2. Always raging
3. Obsessed with bodily functions and
    "toliets"

Just kidding. But don't be a stranger. Hope to see you here on a regular basis again.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 8:52pm

Yep. Two dead, one I'm guessing is dead. That means we have three openings. You may have one:

1. Long-winded and cryptic
2. Always raging
3. Obsessed with bodily functions and
    "toliets"

Just kidding. But don't be a stranger. Hope to see you here on a regular basis again.

Who is the one you're guessing about, Angry McP?

Don't forget our old buddy regulus.

He hasn't been around since Dec. 21, 2018.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 9:05pm

Yeah, AngryMcP.

Maybe Regulus, too. But I don't remember if he was an every day poster, like Pa and aka and Angry all were. I mean, I started wondering about them after just a few days.

Ad Nauseous left around the same time as Reg.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 9:15pm
regulus was a regular.

Posted a few times per week usually.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 9:47pm

I just noticed---today is Reg's birthday. He is, or would have been, 63.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 10:04pm
I know Regulus was on other forums, including a sitcoms board.  He last posted there on Halloween 2018. I'm not sure if he's still alive. Same with ad nauseous. Didn't AN have some health problems?

Still can't find anything about Angry. I know he put his first and last name out there on the site. I don't know if Fresno's health department would have a record or notice for "Craig Johnson" or not.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 10:10pm
Got to see Al Stewart in concert on Wednesday at a nice venue near Kent State University in Ohio. He had a nice backup band, the Empty Pockets who also served as the opening act. I met Al a few years ago pre-pandemic. Got my picture taken with him and he signed a hat for me. Great guy. Due to the pandemic, he's not signing anything right now.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 10:32pm

Still can't find anything about Angry. I know he put his first and last name out there on the site. I don't know if Fresno's health department would have a record or notice for "Craig Johnson" or not.

There's at least one other Craig Johnson in Fresno, some construction/interior designer guy. So that's what comes up whenever I do a search. If I add "obituary" to my search, there's really nothing.

I've also tried Sacramento and Alaska, two other places he's lived.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 10:38pm

Due to the pandemic, he's not signing anything right now.

Fer Chrissakes, what a wuss.

He played at a small venue near me a few years back. I would've gone to see him, but for some reason, didn't.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 11:20pm

Due to the pandemic, he's not signing anything right now.

Fer Chrissakes, what a wuss.

He played at a small venue near me a few years back. I would've gone to see him, but for some reason, didn't.

He did have Covid back in May when the show was originally supposed to happen. I'm guessing he's vaccinated but at his age (he's in his 70's) he may worry some or doesn't want to get it again.
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 12:12am
I found this obit, and I remember Regulus mentioning being a Michigan native quite a bit.  What do y'all think??  

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 3:48am
Originally posted by verminstew verminstew wrote:

I found this obit, and I remember Regulus mentioning being a Michigan native quite a bit.Β  What do y'all think??Β Β 

That's probably it. But it's just one of those names (like Craig Johnson) that makes it just a "probably".

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 3:22pm

An hour ago, house next door:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 186187188189190 197>
  Share Topic