Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 148149150151152 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 5:46pm
2018 Silverado CC 1500  23,000 miles.

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 8:33pm

Are you buying that? Nice!   It's gotta be pretty expensive.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 6:37am
Was loading the car after shopping today, when a guy came up, begging for bus fare.  Being generous at that moment, I gave him a dollar.  Though he said 'thank you', the tone in his voice and the disgusted eye roll showed he was thinking "That's all? Just a f**king dollar?"  Then he went off to pester other people. (Note to self:  Get some counterfeit bus passes I can give to those bums.  )
I've given to other panhandlers, and if they were disappointed, they didn't show it.  I was talking to a black guy outside a Walgreen's once (no, it wasn't Donathan ), and gave him a handfull of small change.  He was entertaining, and I think he would have made a good actor if given the chance (I've wished I'd had a business card to a talent agent that day), so I felt that buck or so was well spent... 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Are you buying that? Nice!   It's gotta be pretty expensive.

Not too bad for a 2018 with low miles. They gave me $7500 for the old truck. I wrote them a check for $23,060.20.

My new (new to me) truck is just freaking awesome!  I'm really happy right now.  I guess I had better call the insurance company.  Some strong storms tonight might knock down one of my big trees.

See the f*cking chickens checking it out?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 9:40pm
6 Speed automatic!

One of the things that I liked about the wife's Edge. If she had a low tire, it shows up on the dash.

I can check the pressure of all 4 tires from inside the cab.  I will get an email if one of the tires is low when I'm not even driving it!  Crazy tech!  I will have my face in the manual the next few days.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 3:14pm
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 6:23pm
It looks like your truck is doing just fine.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 4:56pm
I'm still soaking in awesome sauce! Sandy bought me this huge bottle of Vodka.  A girl after my own heart.

I drove that old truck for 14 years.  Far longer than I have owned any vehicle. A lot can change in 14 years.

The window controls are different, still getting used to that.  The truck actually has a warning if you open one of the rear doors, for all of the spacey new parents out there.  Some other goodies...

One of these days I will figure out how to hold my phone.  Embarrassed 

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 5:08pm
Speak of the devil, she surprised me!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 3:16pm
Back-up Cam

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 8:09pm
Finally took my telescope that I bought myself for Christmas last year out in the backyard for the second time since I bought it.

Checked out Jupiter.

It looked about the size of a pencil eraser, but I could make out the bands and the moons.

It looked about like this...

Pretty cool actually looking at it rather than just a picture.

I had never done that before.

The only other time I've used the scope, was to look at the full moon a couple of months ago.

Later this year, when the weather dries out and cools off in the fall, I plan to use it more often. 

I'd like to check out Saturn when it gets closer to Earth.

I have a 2x Barlow lens, but I need to get a 3x.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I'm still soaking in awesome sauce! Sandy bought me this huge bottle of Vodka.  A girl after my own heart.

I drove that old truck for 14 years.  Far longer than I have owned any vehicle. A lot can change in 14 years.

The window controls are different, still getting used to that.  The truck actually has a warning if you open one of the rear doors, for all of the spacey new parents out there.  Some other goodies...

One of these days I will figure out how to hold my phone.  Embarrassed 

What options are there for audio?
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Finally took my telescope that I bought myself for Christmas last year out in the backyard for the second time since I bought it.

Checked out Jupiter.

It looked about the size of a pencil eraser, but I could make out the bands and the moons.

The only other time I've used the scope, was to look at the full moon a couple of months ago.

Later this year, when the weather dries out and cools off in the fall, I plan to use it more often. 

That's a very cool photo!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2020 at 12:36am
Originally posted by radioandnascarfan radioandnascarfan wrote:

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Checked out Jupiter.

That's a very cool photo!

I would say thank you for the compliment, but I didn't actually take that pic.

I just found it on Google Images.

But it looks exactly like what I saw through the telescope.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2020 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by radioandnascarfan radioandnascarfan wrote:

What options are there for audio?
I think I get a year of free SiriusXM radio.  I won't even use that unless I take a road trip.  You have been able to plug your device into your vehicle to play your own music for years.  I don't even have a smart phone.

Another thing I have noticed, I feel like a small child sitting in the drivers seat.  I'm not a big guy... 5-7
I think the seat just sits lower in the truck. Longer wheelbase, 4 doors, long box.

This 6 speed tranny is a little herky jerky.  No rude jokes, Jimbo! Wink

The modular design of the Hydra-Matic 6L80 (MYC) is shared with variants rated for different torque levels to accommodate various engines and vehicle applications. All versions share a unique output gearset configuration that enables it a wider range of ratios than a conventional planetary gearset automatic transmission. This allows the transmission to be tailored for optimal fuel economy while delivering excellent acceleration traits.

The wide overall ratio spread of 6.04:1 allows a “steep” first gear, as well as a very “tall” overdrive top gear for low-rpm highway cruising.

Modular Design

The modular concept of the Hydra-Matic 6L80 centers on the desire for common components and manufacturing tooling for four different size variants of the six-speed family. All versions use three gearsets: a simple input planetary gearset and two output gearsets, one of which is a compound gearset with three pairs of two pinion gears on the output carrier, one pair meshing with the sun gear and the other with the ring gear.

Performance Algorithm Braking

Performance Algorithm Shifting is available on some applications. Performance Algorithm Shifting (PAS) monitors how assertively the driver is using engine output to determine at what engine speed to upshift or downshift.

Driver Shift Control

Driver Shift Control allows the driver to shift the transmission like a clutchless manual gearbox. Electronic safeguards prevent over-revving should the wrong gear position be accidentally selected.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 5:25pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2020 at 3:16pm
I get 'likes' from women who look like this.

Yeah! Right!  Oh!  She is only 2000+ miles away!

Teresa
Claremont, CA | 55
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 5:03pm
I bought a battery for the tractor. I went to NAPA so I didn't have to walk through Walmart.

I haven't seen or heard the chickens in a couple of days.  The neighbor has put some stuff next to my shed, I'm pretty sure that is my property.  I never had a surveyor here but I was told the telephone poles are on the property lines.  Weird Donald, the former tenant here and son of the person I bought the property from said their shed is on my property.  I didn't have this kind of problems at the other place.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 11:29am
I've been busy this morning.  The people are going to install my new blinds today.  That kinda forced me to unpack some more boxes and get rid of some of the clutter.  Pull the furniture away from the walls and windows.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 3:15pm
Just in the past few days, I've been getting this pop-up ad when I come to CIH.

The guy was here less than an hour.  The blinds here in the living room are battery powered.  It's hard to see the blind itself but they are awesome!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 4:33pm

The blinds here in the living room are battery powered.  It's hard to see the blind itself

Maybe they're something only the blind can see.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 4:44pm
LOL

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 5:51pm
The second bedroom is bigger and it has a closet.  Big enough for a queen size bed.  I used the other room because there were still some blinds on the windows. 

Old school pull down blinds.

When it gets this hot outside, I'll walk around in my underwear.  The utility room, where the washer and dryer are.  Nobody should have to see me like that.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 5:45pm
Sandy is here and she saw these big birds outside.  The same birds I saw yesterday.  Not the best picture...

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 7:54pm

Sandy is here and she saw these big birds outside.  The same birds I saw yesterday.  Not the best picture...

Wild turkeys?
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 148149150151152 197>
  Share Topic