Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 147148149150151 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 5:21am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I love your and your bro's bird experienes, Sarge. Many people don't realize even birds have personalities. My bird didn't want to leave either. When I took him outside, he'd just fly around, and then land back on my shoulder. I didn't want to force him to "fly the coop", so I kept bringing him back.

Then, one day, he saw a flock of pigeons, did a few circles around me, and took off. I was elated and sad at the same time.

I forgot something about George. When I was in elementary school which was not far away he would sit on the roof of my house and when he saw me walking home he would fly straight to my shoulder.Smile He also joined other pigeons that lived in a barn not far away in the opposite direction of my school. The barn burned down and I was afraid that was the end of George!Cry The next day he was back on my shoulder as I was walking home from school.Smile
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Sponsored Links

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 6:39am
No TV tonight.  Was reduced to eating pb & crackers in the dark.
The 2000yo cypress tree in the neighbor's backyard across the street was hit by lightning & went up in flames Cry (it was hollow like a chimney, scary as hell with the flames shooting up.)  Three firetrucks showed up, nearly half a million gallons of water to douse it, and the fire chief said it still might catch fire again later.  It eventually split in half lengthwise, one part falling on the power line (fortunately not toward the neighbor's house.)  So without power for 6 hours (Duke Energy was on the ball fixing the line that fast. Thumbs Up)  A tree crew took down the rest.
The neighbor is understandably bummed (there is going to be a lot of cleanup), but nobody was hurt & their house was undamaged, so that was good...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I shudder to think what my electric bill might look like.  Have have had the A/C running full blast for going on a week now.

Have you tried wrapping or covering the exhaust hose with insulation yet?

I did that with mine and it REALLY improved the performance.

House gets cooler and the a/c doesn't work as hard.

Compressor cycles on and off regularly.

Glad I did it.

Not yet, I felt the hose Embarrassed and it didn't feel that warm. The summer is so short here that I will be worrying about my well pump and water pipes before I know it.
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

No TV tonight.  Was reduced to eating pb & crackers in the dark.
The 2000yo cypress tree in the neighbor's backyard across the street was hit by lightning & went up in flames Cry (it was hollow like a chimney, scary as hell with the flames shooting up.)  Three firetrucks showed up, nearly half a million gallons of water to douse it, and the fire chief said it still might catch fire again later.  It eventually split in half lengthwise, one part falling on the power line (fortunately not toward the neighbor's house.)  So without power for 6 hours (Duke Energy was on the ball fixing the line that fast. Thumbs Up)  A tree crew took down the rest.
The neighbor is understandably bummed (there is going to be a lot of cleanup), but nobody was hurt & their house was undamaged, so that was good...

I heard that old hollow trees are called "widow makers".  Can you believe I remembered that from an old rerun of The Waltons"?  JimBob warned his mother not to hide in a hollow tree during a storm.  Weird what we remember!  LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 11:41pm

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I shudder to think what my electric bill might look like.  Have have had the A/C running full blast for going on a week now.

Have you tried wrapping or covering the exhaust hose with insulation yet?

I did that with mine and it REALLY improved the performance.

House gets cooler and the a/c doesn't work as hard.

Compressor cycles on and off regularly.

Glad I did it.

Not yet, I felt the hose Embarrassed and it didn't feel that warm. The summer is so short here that I will be worrying about my well pump and water pipes before I know it.

Mine might have been getting so hot because it gets so much hotter down here than up in your neck o' the woods.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 4:45pm
The appliance company that delivered my new dryer sent me a check.  $73.50

The guy who looked at my old dryer in the first place said the part to fix it was no longer available. So the home warranty company bought me a new one. You have to pay the service person $75 regardless of the cost of the repair.  I suppose the refund was because the dryer was damaged, it works great and I can barely see the damage.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 5:11pm
I got my first Consumer Cellular bill on my own account. Only 26 dollars and some change.

I got this hand written note from a guy at NJA Investments.  He said, if I want to sell this place to give him a call.  SELL IT?  I've only been here for 6 weeks!  How do these people even find me? Are the CU's, the Title Companies and the realtors selling my information?  Confused
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 5:35pm

^ Isn't that public record?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 5:43pm
^ I guess so.  The county already shows me as the owner on their GIS property locator site.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 7:02pm
Local Property Appraiser or Tax Collector website.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 5:28am
I get those calls all the time.  I tell them I rent & they hang up faster than I can... 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 4:47pm
There must be a car show somewhere in the area.  I saw this car when I was pulling out of the gas station.  A nice looking car, pretty blue paint.  Once I followed him a short while, I noticed how poorly the engine must be tuned.  I was getting gassed with exhaust fumes, enough to make me feel ill!

Honestly, I didn't think that ford ever put a V8 engine in the Maverick.  Turns out that they did put a 302 in some cars or some years.  Must have been an option. I never thought of the Ford Maverick as a collector car.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 5:11pm

There must be a car show somewhere in the area.  I saw this car when I was pulling out of the gas station.  A nice looking car, pretty blue paint.  Once I followed him a short while, I noticed how poorly the engine must be tuned.  I was getting gassed with exhaust fumes, enough to make me feel ill!

Honestly, I didn't think that ford ever put a V8 engine in the Maverick.  Turns out that they did put a 302 in some cars or some years.  Must have been an option. I never thought of the Ford Maverick as a collector car.

It was the Maverick 'Grabber' package.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

It was the Maverick 'Grabber' package.

"Grab 'er package"?

Sounds like something Trump would say. LOL

Maybe he drove one of them.... Wink

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 5:37pm
LOL
Grab her right in the c**t!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 6:16pm
I think Trump prefers to use the "P" word....

Tongue

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 4:37pm
I made the mistake of looking at some used trucks online this morning, now I have the fever!

My truck was new in September of 2006 when I bought it.  I have only 77,000 miles on it.

Some of the late model trucks (2013-17) I have been seeing have anywhere from 80,000 to 120,000 miles on them.  I saw only 1 truck with less than 50,000. That's what I want!  No crew cab1  Ext. cab is okay.  I may have to send out an inquiry, and get ready to get way too many phone calls.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 6:00pm

I made the mistake of looking at some used trucks online this morning, now I have the fever!

My truck was new in September of 2006 when I bought it.  I have only 77,000 miles on it.

Some of the late model trucks (2013-17) I have been seeing have anywhere from 80,000 to 120,000 miles on them.  I saw only 1 truck with less than 50,000. That's what I want!  No crew cab1  Ext. cab is okay.  I may have to send out an inquiry, and get ready to get way too many phone calls.

I can think of a cheaper and more satisfying "fever" to catch....

And I'm not necessarily talking about potato chips... Tongue

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 6:08pm
Confused
Why does it look like those are chicks with dicks?

I don't swing that way, Jimbo.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 6:14pm
Sounds like maybe your imagination or fantasies are "swinging that way" though..... Ermm 

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 6:22pm
I thought you were my friend.  I guess we all have our faults.

f**k off, brolando
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 6:33pm

I thought you were my friend.  I guess we all have our faults.

f**k off, brolando

LOL LOL LOL

KNEW you'd get mad at me about that when I was posting it!!!! LOL LOL LOL

But I did it anyway!!!!! Evil Smile Evil Smile Evil Smile 

LOL 

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 7:07pm

So, aka's into chicks with dicks now!!?   

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

So, aka's into chicks with dicks now!!?   

LOL 

Careful now.... he doesn't like that kind of kidding around. LOL

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 7:13pm

Oooops. Sorry, aka. Wrong choice of words. "Non-binary", as your people like to call them.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 147148149150151 197>
  Share Topic