Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 127128129130131 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 5:25pm
My lawn Mousse has arrived!

This reminds me...Back when I was working at Hillcrest, we had 3 nice looking women working there.  Yeah, I did do one of them!  Ahem. They (the women) were making fun of this guy (Chris) because he put mousse in his hair.  LOL  Anyway!

I think I might still have my garden weasel!  I'll try to loosen up the soil before I apply this.

Garden Weasel Cultivator

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 5:03pm
One of those days that I over did it.  I am hurtin' for certain!
Grocery store
Drop truck off for new tires
Loosen soil with garden weasel
Applied Hydro-Seed
Bag some ashes from the wood stove
Working on my second load of laundry

I drove up town to get a sandwich, they have not even started on my truck yet.  Oh well, I'm not going back out today.  Mama has to leave at 2 or 3 for the local market.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 5:43pm
I was invited out for drinks by an old friend's daughter, last night. I had to remind her it was my bedtime and I didn't feel like becoming the 'Driver Designated for DUI'...so I decided I would call her at 4 A.M. to advise her I was ready to get drunk (with the intention of reminding her it was THURSDAY and a darned good day to remain 'responsible').
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 5:54pm
The truck handles well with the new tires.  It sure as sh*t should after spending $500+!

I'm screenshot challenged...Let's see how this works out.

Advanta SVT-01 P265/70R-17

Dammit!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

The truck handles well with the new tires.  It sure as sh*t should after spending $500+!

I'm screenshot challenged...Let's see how this works out.

Advanta SVT-01 P265/70R-17

Dammit!
Try this, aka...
1.) save images to a private folder on your hard drive (I created a folder named 'private' on drive C:\)
2.) logon to postimage and upload the same photos from your C:\private location
3.) copy & paste from postimage
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 6:26pm
Mozilla Firefox made screenshots so easy, PaW!  Now, it's just a frustrating cluster f*ck!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 9:35pm
That is why I suggested postimage.com - as long as you aren't real concerned about security, a great place to shovel images...
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 11:49pm

Mozilla Firefox made screenshots so easy, PaW!  Now, it's just a frustrating cluster f*ck!

Screenshots are simple enough.

Hit the "Print Screen" (or "Prt Scrn") key.

Open Windows Paint and select "New" from the File menu.

Then select "Paste" from the File menu (or use Ctrl V).

Your screenshot will appear.

Use the Crop tool to trim away anything you don't want and then click "Save As" from the File menu.

It will prompt you to give the pic a name which can be anything you want.

Upload to Postimage and Bob's your uncle.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Screenshots are simple enough.

Hit the "Print Screen" (or "Prt Scrn") key.

Open Windows Paint and select "New" from the File menu.

Then select "Paste" from the File menu (or use Ctrl V).

Your screenshot will appear.

Use the Crop tool to trim away anything you don't want and then click "Save As" from the File menu.

It will prompt you to give the pic a name which can be anything you want.

ConfusedWhat does that mean?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 5:00pm
Thanks guys! Something has changed with Firefox.  The screenshot page gives me the option to download or save to my clipboard...Ctrl-V Confused  Where in the holy hell do I access my clipboard? I know where I can find downloads but they won't show up when I click on them. I just wanted to show you guys my new tires!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 6:40pm

Thanks guys! Something has changed with Firefox.  The screenshot page gives me the option to download or save to my clipboard...Ctrl-V Confused 

Where in the holy hell do I access my clipboard? I know where I can find downloads but they won't show up when I click on them. I just wanted to show you guys my new tires!

There is no "access" to your clipboard.

Also, you can't "save" anything to it.

You "copy" to it so you can then "paste" it in a paint program.

It's basically the same thing as copy/paste with text.

Once you copy a screenshot to your clipboard, you have to open Windows Paint and paste it into a new paint document.

As I described above, you open the FILE menu, select NEW then go back to FILE and select PASTE. Or... you can also just do CTRL V to paste it.

Your screenshot will appear in the new paint document.

Then you can crop it down any way you want it.

Nice tires, too.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 7:27pm

Big smileThumbs UpThanks Uncle Bob!!!
I've NEVER heard of that, but I learned something new...and a day having learned, or having taught, is a successful day - much appreciated.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 7:35pm

I've NEVER heard of that, but I learned something new...and a day having learned, or having taught, is a successful day - much appreciated.

Hey... Bob's your uncle.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 11:08am
Mama is in the local paper again...I think the photographer has a thing for her.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 4:31pm
It's been really nice not having to check my tires every other day!  Mama left me a note.  Low Tire Light

She actually had two low tires, both the left front and the right rear were down to about 20 PSI. I hope she didn't hit something.  I'll check them again tomorrow to determine how fast the leaks are.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 12:56am
Well I officially became an old fart yesterday, Wednesday August 21st.

An old RETIRED fart to be specific.

My first of what I hope are many, many years of monthly Social Security payments, was direct deposited to my checking account.

Yay.

I think.... 

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 9:09am
Congrats!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 3:40pm

My first of what I hope are many, many years of monthly Social Security payments, was direct deposited to my checking account.

Yay.

I think.... 

Our monthly annuity will be delayed because of these f*ckers and their bankers hours! With the weekend and a holiday, the money won't be there till the 3rd of September!  Angry

Jimbo! Old buddy, old pal...Could you float me a C-note?  Wink

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 6:54pm

Yay.

I think.... 

Our monthly annuity will be delayed because of these f*ckers and their bankers hours! With the weekend and a holiday, the money won't be there till the 3rd of September!  Angry

Jimbo! Old buddy, old pal...Could you float me a C-note?  Wink

I would but these notes don't float... Embarrassed

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 7:58am
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 3:18pm
LOL Thumbs Up

Maybe you can float ME a C-note!!!

Wink

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 4:47pm
Sure!  I just printed up a fresh batch!

Image result for 100 dollar bills floating in the water
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 6:00pm
LOL

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 5:15pm
Speaking of Benjamins...

I just came back from Sears where I bought two pairs of shoes (mainly for work).  Thought I'd spent $100, based on the prices on the boxes.  But it turns out they were on sale, and I spent only a Grant!! 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 127128129130131 197>
  Share Topic