Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126127128 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Some random Farina trivia:

Farina from the early "Our Gang" comedies played both a boy and a girl, sometimes within the same episode.

Also, in the show, he had a little sister named PleurisyShockedLOL

Rumor was that she had a nice pleurisy.

LOL
That's where my mind went!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 1:21pm
Did anyone else experience server issues with this site yesterday and last night?

Every time I'd try to access the site I'd get some server error message.

Weird.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 2:15pm
Yep. I couldn't get on the site for several hours late last night.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 2:55pm

Did anyone else experience server issues with this site yesterday and last night?

Every time I'd try to access the site I'd get some server error message.

Weird.
Same thing here.Confused
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 5:35pm
Mama is excited about her sales thing in the big O later today. At least her friend is paying half of the entry fee.  I broke a twenty for her so she can make change.  She just got a card reader too...Still waiting to see any real profits.

She has space number 20.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 5:52am
Crap.  One of my VCRs went bad.  Wasn't recording on the timer, would stop after 1/2 hour, then began stopping after less than a minute, finally ate the tape.  Time to take it apart, maybe switch parts with another brokedown one, worst case look for another on ebay... <sigh>
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 11:10am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Crap.  One of my VCRs went bad.  Wasn't recording on the timer, would stop after 1/2 hour, then began stopping after less than a minute, finally ate the tape.  Time to take it apart, maybe switch parts with another brokedown one, worst case look for another on ebay... <sigh>

My 8-track tape player and Beta Max went recently, too.  Wink

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 11:55am
LOL
I need to get a new needle for my turntable.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 3:30pm

Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

My 8-track tape player and Beta Max went recently, too.  Wink

My 8-track player/recorder went to St Vincent DePaul 30 years ago but My 1985 Sony Beta Max Hi Fi still works like new!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 4:46am
Yay!  Fixed the VCR.  Just in time to not tape anything.  Replaced a broken belt with a spare I'd bought 6 years ago.  Better buy some more, just in case...  Wink
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 4:29pm
Memorial Day.
Took my Mother to the very isolated Armed Forces Veterans' Cemetery where my Father resides, these days. We hung out with Dad and took photos with him. He is now a 'captive audience' and couldn't run off, doncha know...I even let him wear my hat for one pic (this was the first time he couldn't swipe my baseball cap!). It was a very nice, somewhat fun day, the exception being we ate at Golden Corral (my Mother's choice), where we attempted to join my Father by eating far too much of very bad food.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 5:18pm
Mama is excited!

Paul McCartney at Lambeau Field: What you need to know if you're going to the show

Long story short:

Mama's oldest daughter (Sherry) and her husband (Ben) bought the tickets months ago, 4 of them.

Originally, Ben's mom (Jeanne) and her new husband were supposed to go. Ben's dad died several years ago and Jeanne remarried.  Well, good for my wife, Jeanne and her new husband have split up.

I don't know Jeanne very well but I have met her.  An attractive woman our age with a freaking awesome lake home on Lake Winneconne.  I can only imagine but she was a church going woman, one who might say..."I won't sleep with you until you marry me."  I guess that didn't work out very well.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 5:57pm

Mama is excited!

...An attractive woman our age with a freaking awesome lake home on Lake Winneconne.  I can only imagine but she was a church going woman, one who might say..."I won't sleep with you until you marry me."  I guess that didn't work out very well.

ShockedCry...daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyymnnn!!! I thought those died out back when we were about 15, or something! Even *I* don't buy a pair of shoes until I try them on...but, let me get this straight - you say I could have an awesome home on Lake Winneconne? Is she Catholic, or are YOU going to see McCartney, now?Wink
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Mama is excited!

...An attractive woman our age with a freaking awesome lake home on Lake Winneconne.  I can only imagine but she was a church going woman, one who might say..."I won't sleep with you until you marry me."  I guess that didn't work out very well.

ShockedCry...daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyymnnn!!! I thought those died out back when we were about 15, or something! Even *I* don't buy a pair of shoes until I try them on...but, let me get this straight - you say I could have an awesome home on Lake Winneconne? Is she Catholic, or are YOU going to see McCartney, now?Wink
LOL
Everybody loves my wife! Especially her family.  Even if I could attend, I walk on crutches around the house, I would not be the first choice.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 6:09pm
Earlier today, I thought I lost the audio on the TV in the bedroom. We lost the video some time ago.

Here's this big heavy pile of sh*t sitting on my dresser. I fumble f*cked around with the remote for a few minutes, I must have hit some button while I was sleeping. Mama offered to give me the TV in her work room.

I'd like to take the TV from the dining room and put it here on the printer.  The picture sucks on the TV I have here now.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 7:57pm

Earlier today, I thought I lost the audio on the TV in the bedroom. We lost the video some time ago.

Here's this big heavy pile of sh*t sitting on my dresser. I fumble f*cked around with the remote for a few minutes, I must have hit some button while I was sleeping. Mama offered to give me the TV in her work room.

I'd like to take the TV from the dining room and put it here on the printer.  The picture sucks on the TV I have here now.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 8:41pm
...or go to a pawn shop and SAVE! Wink 
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 5:30am
Got a scare last night.  Woke up in the dark & thought somebody was standing next to the bed.  Let out a yell & turned on the small (but still bright enough to blind you) flashlight I keep nearby.  Nothing there.  Shook for a few minutes afterwards.  If I'd had a gun within reach there would have been a few rounds fired...  Shocked
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 8:45am

How would you know that, or why would it matter?  That is, why would you be turning on a TV (that has no picture) in the first place?

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 5:06pm

How would you know that, or why would it matter?  That is, why would you be turning on a TV (that has no picture) in the first place?

When I'm in bed trying to sleep I don't even watch the screen, I do listen to the audio.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 5:13pm
I asked Mama if her friend Marie got her car fixed.  She about took my head off!  I'll take that as a "NO".

They have the local Market Day on Thursdays.

I'm getting sick of my wife driving this c**t all over Kingdom Come!  She (my wife) is a natural blond, she can't accept the fact that the fewer miles she puts on her old POS Edge, the longer it will last between expensive repairs. Confused
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 5:20pm
I was looking at the tires on my truck, they are getting pretty worn out.  The cheapest tires I could find on the internet were about $900 for 4 tires this size. P265/70R17  I guess with 70,000 miles on an 07 pick-up, and some BIG plumbing bills coming, I'm just getting stressed out about money.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 5:59pm

Thanks, Jimbo.

Not only can I move the TV from Mama's work room, (she watches the news and other programs) I have a small TV in the garage that never gets used anymore.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 9:43pm

I was looking at the tires on my truck, they are getting pretty worn out.  The cheapest tires I could find on the internet were about $900 for 4 tires this size. P265/70R17  I guess with 70,000 miles on an 07 pick-up, and some BIG plumbing bills coming, I'm just getting stressed out about money.

The last time I bought tires (about a year/3,000 miles ago), I went to Sears and paid $200.  Total.  $50/per.  Including installation.  I don't know why they were so cheap.  Some brand called Lauffen.  Never heard of 'em, but they seem OK.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 2:20pm
WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126127128 197>
  Share Topic