Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 115116117118119 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 7:09pm
Had a strange experience at the grocery store this morning.

I had purchased a few things and on my way out of the store, I sat down on a bench just inside the entrance/exit to look over my receipt. No sooner do I sit down than this old codger comes in the door and greets me like a long lost cousin or old school chum. He was very jovial, calling us "brothers from a different mother".

Next thing I know he's asking me where I'm from then we're talking about my dad's military career and where we lived in the past, etc, etc.

He actually even hugged me a couple of times.

Weird.

Now I'm wondering if he was up to something....
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I had purchased a few things and on my way out of the store, I sat down on a bench just inside the entrance/exit to look over my receipt. No sooner do I sit down than this old codger comes in the door and greets me like a long lost cousin or old school chum. He was very jovial, calling us "brothers from a different mother".

Next thing I know he's asking me where I'm from then we're talking about my dad's military career and where we lived in the past, etc, etc.

Weird.

I avoid hugging strangers! You must have had your big old lovable Hoss face on?
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 5:43am
Quote He actually even hugged me a couple of times.

"Show us on this doll where he touched you..." 

LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 5:45am

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 5:48am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

wondering if he was up to something....

I avoid hugging strangers! You must have had your big old lovable Hoss face on?

Well, if that means I was sitting there looking as dumb as ever, then yeah, I did.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 5:53am
The only thing to really worry about is if he was carrying a portable credit card scanner & was pumping you for possible personal data.  But he sounds harmless enough...  Wink
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 8:09am

Weird.

Probably an undercover evil Republican planting a bug on you.  Evil Smile
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 9:39am
^ LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Probably an undercover evil Republican planting a bug on you.  Evil Smile

^ LOL

Now that you mention it, I have been feeling a little more itchy than usual....

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 4:28pm
LOL

I have another repeat going of 'Without A Trace'. This episode made me look up a song that they used during the opening of the show.  Not everyone likes Coldplay. I remember when B&T and others accused them of stealing the melody of a song. Anyway, I've gotten over that. They use traditional insrtuments and make some pretty darned good music!

Mama joined the local Women's League yesterday.  Uh oh!

Does this mean I can't fart out loud, in public anymore?
Does this mean I can't leave the seat up?
Do I have to close the door when I take a crap?
Can I still cuss out city officials and DOT workers?

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 4:34pm
A sample of her work, it took me a few minutes to find it.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 5:35pm

A sample of her work, it took me a few minutes to find it.

Very nice, a-ron.

My late friend Paul and his sister Betty who shared a house, were members of the local mineral and gem society and were into jewelry making. Betty was more into beading like Mama's stuff in the pic.

If she isn't aware of it, there's a daytime PBS show called "Beads, Baubles & Jewels" that showcases some really cool techniques by the top beaders and jewelry makers in the country.

Website accessible, too...

Beads, Baubles & Jewels website link

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 5:01pm
^ Thanks, Jimbo.  I'll pass that info along.

We captured a rather disturbing image on the critter cam last night. Is it a baby possum?  I hope so!
Green Bay was having a serious problem with rats the past year. Mostly in urban areas. We are on the outskirts of a town of 3000. If it's a rat, I'm pretty sure he's not getting into the house.  We had some mice 3 or 4 years ago, I found where they were getting in and blocked it off.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 5:44pm
I've been trying to take it easy today, a lot of pain after working on the boat and cleaning that gutter.

I did mow and trim the front yard.  Mama bought a 2 by 4 ft sheet of peg board, she wanted me to cut it into 3 equal sized pieces.  This is for her jewelry. She asked me if I had anything she could use for hooks.

I gave her this container of cable ties.  She was cutting one of the larger ones in order to make something that resembles a hook.  I helped her again by showing her how to take a smaller cable tie, connect it to itself and push it through the pegboard.  No muss, no fuss. Easy peasy, Japaneasy. She's praising my brilliant idea.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 6:36pm
I might have to make love to my wife...

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 8:07pm
^^^Confusedwhere did that thought come from? how did your filthy old mind end up there?
Now, in my case, I was about to take a picture of the kitchen garbage can and post it asking anyone that saw it to please remind me to take out the garbage, because it IS sort of full...

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 10:01pm

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 5:18pm
^^^Shockedohhhhhhh...YOU'RE going to get in trouble!!! You posted a possibly perverse & profane public pubic picture.  
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 5:44pm

LOLLOLLOL

Yeah, that must be some scientific terminology. (Louse)  Back in the day....when I was not too picky who I spent the night with.  We called them crabs. Embarrassed

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

^^^Confusedwhere did that thought come from? how did your filthy old mind end up there?
Now, in my case, I was about to take a picture of the kitchen garbage can and post it asking anyone that saw it to please remind me to take out the garbage, because it IS sort of full...

LOL
Hey, you know me, PaW.  I'm a bad dog and I'm not shy about it.  An attractive older woman? I'd hit it!

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 5:50am
Well, so far I haven't managed to accidently (or even purposely) to click the new ads showing up in the left margins.  If you see an ad under my screen name, it doesn't mean I have endorsed it...   Tongue
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 5:20pm
Went to Big Lots yesterday for some cleaning supplies and some snack foods.  On the way out, the cashier handed me a bag (one of those cloth shopping bags filled with stuff I hadn't bought) and said "This is yours."  I said "No, I have my stuff here".  She said "No, this is free".  Seems they remodeled and were giving away small grocery bags as gifts.  I got two bags of kettle chips, a box of Oreos, and some coffee.  Nice! 

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 3:27pm
I've had a good morning, I started putting the tarp on the boat about 7:30. I changed the oil in both vehicles.  I even chopped up some leaves in the back yard. Time for a shower and a shave.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 3:46pm

I've had a good morning, I started putting the tarp on the boat about 7:30. I changed the oil in both vehicles.  I even chopped up some leaves in the back yard. Time for a shower and a shave.

Where does an old codger like you get that much energy that early in the morning?

Oh wait, you paid some young kid to do all that, didn't you?

Now I get it.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 4:15pm
LOL
 Changing oil? I have to lay down, that's easy. Getting back up on my feet! That's the hard part.

The tarp was the most physical, up and down to one knee so I can thread the rope through the trailer frame. 

Thank god I have a tractor! Neighbor Jeff is probably pissed because the Cottonwood is so messy, he gets a lot of crap off of our tree.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 115116117118119 197>
  Share Topic