Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 6:26pm
^LOL

You can send me some money to cover the A/C cost. I don't like to sweat.
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 7:18pm
Hey, wait a minute here.... I don't even use my own a/c!!!!!

I sure ain't payin' for someone else's!!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 11:32am
I did a bonehead thing yesterday...I was trimming some bushes on the back side of the house with my electric hedge trimmers. I cut the cord. Embarrassed  I do have 2 long (100 foot) extension cords. That one was in better condition.  I was going to repair it this morning and I see my lights are out in the garage.
That outdoor outlet is wired to the garage outlets which are on a GFI circuit. I had to move my truck outside just to reset it.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 11:52am
That probably happens a lot.

Cordless rechargeable is the way to go with hedge trimmers.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 1:08pm
Sitting in the customer waiting room at the car mechanic's shop.

Getting an oil change.

Having coffee (theirs) and cookies (mine).

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 1:53pm
Sad day today.

Going over to the cemetery for my mom's memorial service and interment.

Going to inter her ashes in the crypt with my dad's remains.

Just a small gathering of my sister, myself and a friend of my mom's.

Will be relieved to get it over with.

Next comes the probate headache.

Irony of thread title duly noted.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 2:23pm
Our sympathy is with you in your time of grieving.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 5:08pm
Thanks.

It is appreciated!!!

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 6:26pm

Sad news, ol'Mule.

You've my sympathies...I know this unpleasant road.
Tis one we all travel but none look forward to.
Sympathies and Best Wishes for peace in your day.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 9:08pm
Thanks, Pa.

Your kind words help a lot!!!

C'mon, man!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 9:45pm
Wishing you peace and comfort.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 9:49pm
Once again, my sympathies, Jimbo.

You oughta go out with the group for lunch or dinner afterwards---maybe reminisce a little, laugh some.  It helps.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

You oughta go out with the group for lunch or dinner afterwards---maybe reminisce a little, laugh some.  It helps.

WinkWhat a great idea, what an old, almost lost practice
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 7:32pm
Thanks DRS, Thor & Pa.

I just came straight home afterward. It was like a 50 mile drive each way and I was tired. Besides, the friend of my mom's is an elderly woman who has trouble walking and getting around herself and I think she wanted to get back home.

Would've been a nice idea with different people.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

WinkWhat a great idea, what an old, almost lost practice

Really?  I've been to two family funerals since moving back here.  Well, I went to the viewings, not the funerals.  Anyway, each time, we went to the same Ital restaurant afterwards.  It's really just a chance to get together with the cousins.  After all, we don't know which of us won't be at the next such meal.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 6:45am
Sorry about your mom, Jimbo.  All I can suggest is to remember the good times and everyday things you both did together.

In other news, the neighbors finally got their cat out of the cypress tree after Day 13.  They called in a tree guy, who got up toward the top (about 70 feet), the cat decided it didn't want to get caught, went inside the tree, he followed it in and eventually down 2/3rds of the way inside (he saw the cat reach the bottom and hide.)  He cut a hole in the trunk & the cat eventually came out after everybody left & quit making noise.  (There is a critter hole at the base, which I think the cat actually used to get out.)  Last I heard, the cat was fine and eating everything they put out for it...  Thumbs UpThumbs Up
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 10:26am
One wonders what the cat was thinking the entire time he was up there.  Probably "Oh, f*ck."  LOL

I'm glad he's down, though.

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 11:54am
I'm sorry to hear that your Mom passed away, Jimbo! You have my utmost sympathy and condolences.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that your Mom passed away, Jimbo! You have my utmost sympathy and condolences.

Thank you, Donathan.

I truly appreciate your kind thoughts.

C'mon, man!
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 1:45pm
You're welcome, Jimbo. Question, when and how did she die? Last I heard she was having health issues but seemed to have survived okay..... So sad about your loss ....
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 2:11pm

You're welcome, Jimbo. Question, when and how did she die? Last I heard she was having health issues but seemed to have survived okay..... So sad about your loss ....

She died about 2½ weeks ago mostly of old age but she had contracted pneumonia or an infection in her lung(s) after having aspirated some liquid or possibly food.

She was on the downhill side of 94.

Spent her last six months in a nursing home.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

She died about 2½ weeks ago mostly of old age but she had contracted pneumonia or an infection in her lung(s) after having aspirated some liquid or possibly food.

She was on the downhill side of 94.

Spent her last six months in a nursing home.

My mother, who had Alzheimer's (but was otherwise healthy) died of pneumonia, too.  She had forgotten how to cough.  I'd imagine that other oldsters simply don't have the strength to cough up whatever's gotten into their lungs.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 6:23pm
Random thought: 

It dawned on me this morning that we haven't had any missing/dead pretty-white-girl mysteries lately.  The 1990s and early 2000s was rife with them, it seemed.  Natalie Holloway, Laci Peterson, etc.  Seems there was always one on the news.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 11:51pm
^^^We ran out of white women.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 12:26am

My mother, who had Alzheimer's (but was otherwise healthy) died of pneumonia, too.  She had forgotten how to cough.  I'd imagine that other oldsters simply don't have the strength to cough up whatever's gotten into their lungs.

I think the more common issue with them is swallowing.

They have a person at the nursing home in the therapy dept, much of whose job revolves around swallowing issues.

A lot of them, my mom included, are not allowed to drink water or any other beverage without this powdered gelatin thickener in it. Even their coffee has to be thickened. When they got it served to them, it was almost like pudding. We would get the beverages un-thickened, then put the thickener in it from these individual little packets they had in the dining room.

But even with that stuff in it, they would still occasionally aspirate and get it in their lungs where it can cause pneumonia or some other infection.

It can happen with food, too.

I hear that pneumonia is the most common cause of death in nursing homes.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 197>
  Share Topic