Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8889909192 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

The city is doing a BIG water main project on the road that connects our dead end to the world.

It's already a PITA just to drive through there and they haven't even started the work.

Then, just a few minutes ago I have some guy at the front door.

Uh...We have to shut your water off from 8 to 11:00 tomorrow. K???

I guess I will just poop around it.

Take an old 5 gallon bucket, dip it in the waterway behind your house so it's about half way full and use that.

Then just dump it back in when you're done.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 8:26pm
Good thinking. I have a couple reasonably clean buckets I'll fill up with water before they shut it off.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 11:35pm

3 hours?  How often do you need to sh*t??  Shocked

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 4:56am
Do it in the yard and blame it on the dog!  LOL

Wasn't intending to go to the library today, but I wasn't going to waste the trip after a dumbass tree rat decided to go into the unbaited trap I've had set up, so it got to go along too...  LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

3 hours?  How often do you need to sh*t??  Shocked

I am pretty regular...there are 2 of us.

I did eat burritos for supper, they always mess me up.
We should be OK with what's in the toilet tanks.

I'm gonna start laundry and dishes right now. Plenty of time to get my shower in also.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 8:19pm
Leah and I miss the days when we didn't have hip pain.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 8:22pm
Any days when there was no pain are the good ol days.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 8:49pm
Sometimes a wife was a pain and I miss that pain.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 8:55pm
If something happened to my wife I would not be around very long.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 7:16pm
I almost cut my hair! Leah noticed that i MOVED THE VACUUM TO OUR BEDROOM.

Fukin cap lock! I was going to hook up my flo-bee.  Leah would have none of that.
She hates the vacuum cleaner.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 7:34pm

Fukin cap lock! I was going to hook up my flo-bee.  Leah would have none of that.

I used to have one of those.

Got about 50 or 60 haircuts out of it before a plastic part broke.

But you figure at about 10 - 12 bucks a haircut, the thing paid for itself about 10 times over.

Now I just use a regular electric hair trimmer.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 6:48pm
Our old girl just gave me a big scare. The neighbors are working on their boat lift so Leah was barking her head off at them. I decided to put her on the leash and take her to the front yard.

She gets so excited that her right hip went out, she couldn't even stand up.
I asked Mama, "are you ready to call the Vet?  She can still walk but her time is running short.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 7:08pm
That is very sad, a-ron.

Hope she can continue on pain free for as long as possible.

C'mon, man!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 7:09pm
Can you take Leah to the vet to see if they can put her hip back in place?  Does she have pain meds?  My thoughts are with you.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 7:11pm

Our old girl just gave me a big scare. The neighbors are working on their boat lift so Leah was barking her head off at them. I decided to put her on the leash and take her to the front yard.

She gets so excited that her right hip went out, she couldn't even stand up.
I asked Mama, "are you ready to call the Vet?  She can still walk but her time is running short.

Her hip went out?  Did it go back in?  I mean, is she walking without pain?  As long as she's happy and relatively pain-free, wait.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I used to have one of those.

Got about 50 or 60 haircuts out of it before a plastic part broke.

But you figure at about 10 - 12 bucks a haircut, the thing paid for itself about 10 times over.

Now I just use a regular electric hair trimmer.

I don't know if a Flo-Bee can get me the hairstyle I'm used to.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 7:19pm
^LOLLOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 7:25pm
And that is just his armpits!!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Can you take Leah to the vet to see if they can put her hip back in place?  Does she have pain meds?  My thoughts are with you.
Thank you!

We have been giving her glucosamine for about a year. We don't want to spend a bunch of money at the Vet. We try to give her what she wants knowing she is not going to live forever.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 7:42pm
I slightly underestimated the number of haircuts I got out of my FlowBee before it died.

I said 50 - 60, but in fact, I got exactly 71.

I know this because I kept it in the box it came in along with a ballpoint pen. Every time I'd cut my hair, I'd make a mark.

I did this because I wanted to know how much money I saved on haircuts over the life of the thing.

So the way I figure it, at roughly $12 per haircut ($10 + $2 tip) I saved around $800 in haircut costs over about 17 years and 9 months, given that I cut my hair approximately 4 times per year.

That's $852 minus about $50 that I paid for the FlowBee.

Poor ol thing just lies there now....

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 7:46pm

Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Thank you!

We have been giving her glucosamine for about a year. We don't want to spend a bunch of money at the Vet. We try to give her what she wants knowing she is not going to live forever.

You're smarter than my sister.

She has this little part Chihuahua part something or other, that she estimates she's spent about $7,000 in vet bills on over the years.

The dog is about 11 years old, so that comes to over $600 per year.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 10:34pm
I actually did get a haircut today.  Supercuts.  It was $16 minus a $3 coupon plus a $5 tip.  So, $18.

Good haircut.  I think it makes me sparkle.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 10:40pm

The chip on my debit card stopped working yesterday between 2:30 and 3:00pm (between my purchase at Walmart and my purchase at ShopRite).  Now I have to wait a week for a new one to come in the mail.  Sh*t...the card's only 7 months old, and I'm not allowed to just swipe it.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 11:01pm
Now if that chip on your shoulder would just stop working....

C'mon, man!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

The chip on my debit card stopped working yesterday between 2:30 and 3:00pm (between my purchase at Walmart and my purchase at ShopRite).  Now I have to wait a week for a new one to come in the mail.  Sh*t...the card's only 7 months old, and I'm not allowed to just swipe it.

Debit card? Dude, you seriously need to rethink that.  Someone can steal your money out of your account by hacking it with some electronic device.  People are doing it all over, at gas stations, etc. when someone has their card out.  Once the money is gone from a debit card, it's gone.  Debit cards are almost cash equivalent in that the money is immediately deducted from your account and that's it.  Why don't you have a credit card?  I thought we'd been over this before somewhere here.  Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8889909192 197>
  Share Topic