Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 12:18am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

<rambling on>
Found evidence of an uninvited visitor today.  Was repriming the pool pump and found a shirt under the leaky pool filter I need to fix (I'm guessing it slid off the top & fell between the filter and wall.)   It was covered with weed seeds, which made it easy to find the route of the intruder (came from the street, through some trees, over a chainlink fence, then through the tall weeds.)  Figuring it was one the laborers remodeling a house across the street who decided to sneak over for a swim.  Not too thrilled about having to lock the backdoor in the daytime now (in fact, I'm rather pissed about my "space" being invaded.)  In any event, the shirt (medium pullover, long sleeves with "girly" embroidery on the cuffs) got tossed.  Be interesting to see if anybody is ballsy enough to come back and ask for it...

<rambling off>
Maybe it's time to string some razor wire on top that chain link.
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 2:57am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

<rambling on>
Found evidence of an uninvited visitor today.  Was repriming the pool pump and found a shirt under the leaky pool filter I need to fix (I'm guessing it slid off the top & fell between the filter and wall.)   It was covered with weed seeds, which made it easy to find the route of the intruder (came from the street, through some trees, over a chainlink fence, then through the tall weeds.)  Figuring it was one the laborers remodeling a house across the street who decided to sneak over for a swim.  Not too thrilled about having to lock the backdoor in the daytime now (in fact, I'm rather pissed about my "space" being invaded.)  In any event, the shirt (medium pullover, long sleeves with "girly" embroidery on the cuffs) got tossed.  Be interesting to see if anybody is ballsy enough to come back and ask for it...

<rambling off>
Maybe it's time to string some razor wire on top that chain link.
Or, craftfully bury it right below the soil within the obvious footpath of the culprits, near the pool. Along with a nice collection of broken glass.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 4:57am

That's too much work.  It would be easier to set up a motion detector that electrifies the fence when activated.  Wink  But that would raise my power bill, so not going to happen.

I'll probably "do the right thing" and fish the shirt out of the trash & plop it visibly in the giant dumpster they're using or, better, just inside the tree line.  It's pretty "ripe" by now, being wet, covered with oily sand, and being in contact with the stinky remnants of an old wig (maybe the owner will think some critter got ahold of it.  LOL )

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 4:18pm
^*I* did it back when we lived in Tampa. The police got really upset with me about it after an idiot got rightfully injured. I failed to put up a 'warning sign' (which you MUST do, or the vandal can become your responsibiity).
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 5:15pm
Setting booby traps designed to injure someone is a good way to get sued.

Not to mention criminally prosecuted.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 6:04pm
That's why raspberry bramble is the Hillbilly's trespasser deterrent of choice.

No way to prove the thorny lil bastards din't grow there naturally.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 6:11pm
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

Another good natural security device to have along a fence line is a long, thick row of Bougainvillea.

Those thorny bastards will rip some skin off.

And they are also quite attractive, too.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 7:22pm

I planted some blackberries years ago.  Hated the thorns.  I ended up pulling it out, but it returned for a few years after that.

It would definitely be a deterrant.

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 10:12pm
It's over. We've failed as a species that can communicate. The death of language is near. Wink

Can't wait to be on the phone and have to press hashtag to continue because of the death of the pound sign.

Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 10:19pm
^I guess as a symbol it would be at the top of the list alphabetically anyway.

Tongue

Anyway, lots of fun new generation-whatthef**kever words are getting recognition. The end is nearer than you think:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturenews/11012673/Chillax-Scrabble-has-added-5000-words-to-its-dictionary.html
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Another good natural security device to have along a fence line is a long, thick row of Bougainvillea.

Those thorny bastards will rip some skin off.

And they are also quite attractive, too.

I'm not planting those, the fiends would be able to arm themselves with shivs on their way over the fence.
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 10:27pm
LOLLOL
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 11:28pm
Get jabbed a few times with those  Bougainvillea thorns and one may bleed to death.Shocked Hopefully not in Mr Tim's pool......
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 1:50am
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

It's over. We've failed as a species that can communicate. The death of language is near. Wink

Can't wait to be on the phone and have to press hashtag to continue because of the death of the pound sign.

Oh God.  We need to bring back corporal punishment in the schools.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 1:53am

Been wondering why only my left forearm (near the elbow) has this big, dry, rough patch.  Then I realized that's exactly the part that rests against the arm of my office chair when I'm on the computer.  My right arm is the one that performs most of my computer functions, so it doesn't rest on the chair much.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 1:55am
Forum elbow.

Go outside, cleared mine right up.

LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 2:07am

I'm not planting those, the fiends would be able to arm themselves with shivs on their way over the fence.

They wouldn't last through one of your winters anyway.

They are tropical plants that don't tolerate freezing at all.

I had a hard time keeping mine growing here in Central Florida.

They're all gone now, too.

C'mon, man!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 2:27am

In response to the articles from I8acannibal and Darthhillbilly

God I hate the language of today! Have we've all of a sudden become dumbasses?

I picture in the far future everybody will be talking in the form of "hashtag this" and "hashtag that!" I hope that does not come to fruition!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 2:58am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Been wondering why only my left forearm (near the elbow) has this big, dry, rough patch.  Then I realized that's exactly the part that rests against the arm of my office chair when I'm on the computer.  My right arm is the one that performs most of my computer functions, so it doesn't rest on the chair much.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 3:05am

^  I couldn't understand what the guy said.  Something elbow.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 3:08am
Kung Fu elbow.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 4:41am
The shirt is now near the street.  Used a pair of tongs to carry it there (because.  it. stinks SO. BAD.)  LOL    Kind of tucked into the tall grass and hung a sleeve over so it would be visible, and left some wig hair on it to make it look like a wild animal got jiggy with it.  Shocked    Kinda hoping the owner finds it now.  Will update when something occurs...  Wink

Quote Another good natural security device to have along a fence line is a long, thick row of Bougainvillea.

The neighbor behind me has that.  It's also full of yellowjacket or hornet nests.  Probably why he just lets it grow wild.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 4:49am

Quote Another good natural security device to have along a fence line is a long, thick row of Bougainvillea.

The neighbor behind me has that.  It's also full of yellowjacket or hornet nests.  Probably why he just lets it grow wild.

If you want to keep people from climbing over your fence, that's a good thing to grow along it.

Someone might attempt it once, but they won't get very far & they'll be sorry they did.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 5:47am
Maybe, but unfortunately most of the yard work I have to do is to beat back the uncontrolled mess that is invading from his yard.  The vines and ferns are bad enough, don't need any Bougainvillea on top of that.  Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 197>
  Share Topic