Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 1:59pm

I've seen this before.  Maybe even here??  Did a search, though, and couldn't find it.  I recall only being able to pick out Kid Rock.

Sponsored Links

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

The Corvette Forum or the CF.
You did well.

The music video premiered on July 29, 2005 and was co-directed by Wilson with Deaton-Flanigen The video features cameo appearances by [URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_Rock" rel="nofollow]Kid Rock[/URL], [URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Williams_Jr." rel="nofollow]Hank Williams Jr.[/URL], [URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Daniels" rel="nofollow]Charlie Daniels[/URL] and [URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_the_Cable_Guy" rel="nofollow]Larry the Cable Guy[/URL], who appears as both himself and an angry transvestite.

The last thing I needed was a mental image of Larry the Cable Guy as himself. Much less an angry transvestite!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 2:08am
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 3:17pm

My "A" key is too close to my "Caps Lock" key on my new keyboard.  So sometimes when I hit the A key, this is whaT HAPPENS.

Also, I'm tired of picking up dead mosquito wasps (crane flies) from my floors and window sills.  I guess if I kept my back door closed, I wouldn't be having this problem.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

I found this amusing. Coca Cola brings financial ruin. Sorta. Wink

What I find amusing, is the way a major newspaper in Britain, the country that invented the English language & whose citizens occasionally tend to look down their noses at the way Americans use & abuse it, writes a headline where they spell "spilled" as "spilt".

I don't feel so bad about our own mutilation of their language anymore.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

My "A" key is too close to my "Caps Lock" key on my new keyboard.  So sometimes when I hit the A key, this is whaT HAPPENS.

Also, I'm tired of picking up dead mosquito wasps (crane flies) from my floors and window sills.  I guess if I kept my back door closed, I wouldn't be having this problem.

LOL
 You think you've got problems, I can't even see my 'A' key.
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 8:07pm
I never hAVE TO PICK UP CRane flies becAUSE THE Cats ALWays get them.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 8:11pm
I haVE TReble [no bass] somETIMES CONstructing a sENTence.

I'm a loud mouth but I'm really no tribble at all.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 11:21pm
You completely missed the "A next to caps lock" part of my joke.

Unhappy
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 6:00pm
*In best infomercial voice* Are you tired of taking plain selfies? Are you tired of the overly complicated selfie sticks? And the selfie rigs can be a real pain to set up and use. And those awful mirror selfies? Forget it. Those are so yesterday. Well you're in luck! Introducing the Belfie! Now you too can take professional looking photos of your own posterior. You can Belfie your butt just like the Kardashians do! Wink

Why pay $15 for a selfie stick without a flexible joint when you could have the amazing Belfie stick for the low,low price of $79.99? 

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 6:29pm
Enough of that crazy bullsh*t^
I am embarrassed that I have taken selfies, at least I was always with my wife and/or the dog.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 12:08pm
We get a local town newspaper every Thursday, I'm just reading the Police Beat.
Seems they are looking for revenue to help pay for their major faux pas concerning our homes back here.
They go door to door issuing tickets to people who fail to get their pet licenses.
Do I have mine? Hell yes, it's only 10 bucks for a fixed animal.
I dread that spring day, and I hope it's many years away, when they come a knockin on the door of the deceased dog. I hope I don't tell him to go fk off.

Sat. 4/11  15 tickets
Sun. 4/12  11 tickets
Mon.4/13  16 tickets
Thurs. 4/16  11 tickets
Fri. 4/17  7 tickets
Sat. 4/18  11 tickets
Sun. 4/19  9 tickets

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 12:27pm
^^ I've never taken a selfie, it actually pains me to type the "word". Hell, I've only ever sent 2 or 3 texts in my day, and that was only to see if I could figure out how. But hey, I've gone on record with my opinions about how ridiculous people are with their phones.

^ That ticket thing kind of ticks me off. So they go door to door, and if you can't prove you've registered your dog, they ticket you? Does the ticket include the registration, or are they going to come back in a week and see if they can ticket you again?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

^ That ticket thing kind of ticks me off. So they go door to door, and if you can't prove you've registered your dog, they ticket you? Does the ticket include the registration, or are they going to come back in a week and see if they can ticket you again?
Me too!
I'm sure they use the records of previously registered cats and dogs, if you didn't renew, get a tag with proof of rabies vac., they will come after you.
Like I said, the day I have to tell them the dog is dead, I probably won't be very pleasant.  Angry
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2015 at 10:58pm
Okay, this is kind of NSFW. All the vital bits are covered, but the subject is kinda, well, different. It is supposed to be, and is, classified as art. This one is known as "PlopEgg". It contains a woman named Milo Moire dropping paint filled "eggs" from her hooha. There is an uncensored video linked on the youtube page if you are interested. I think this one was twisted enough, though. Sick

A comment from page:

suckmyassloser 7 months ago
 Finally a woman who knows what I want. Get naked and make me breakfast.

LOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 2:58am

I got this shirt in the mail today.  My bro sent it.  Nice surprise.  Mine's red.

"So good, you can never tell anyone...especially your mom."

It comes from this notorious scene in The Walking Dead, in which Carol, who's been pretending to be a "Junior League" lady (who could never handle a weapon) to the residents of her group's new yuppie sanctuary in Alexandria (where homes start in the low 800s), is caught by the son of one of the yuppies as she raids the weapons arsenal:

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 3:16am
I remembered to watch a couple of episodes Wednesday night.

Second season, episodes 2 & 3 I think.

The little kid (Carl I think) got shot by a hunter. They found an old doctor's house to take him to. One of the main guys & the hunter dude went to the local CDC HQ to get needed surgical supplies, but the place was crawling with zombies.

Then later, the one guy ended up shooting the hunter guy in the knee because he was fat & slowing him down, so he got ripped to shreds & eaten by the zombies.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 3:22am

Yes, Carl was saved by farm owner/veterinarian Hershel.  We loved Hershel.  We (and his daughters) watched him get his neck hacked in a later episode.

The other guy was Shane.  He had great skills, but he was turning into a real dick (as evidenced by the way he made Otis bait for the walkers).  He turned into something else later.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 3:30am
Not interested in spoilers.

Just in case I start remembering & get into the habit of watching it on Wednesday nights.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 4:34am

^  Yeah, I should've thought of that, but didn't, considering that was 3 years ago and most fans would've known this stuff by now.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 4:48am
That's a kickass shirt, Thor. I found myself with a sick kind of giddiness at that part. Evil Smile

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 4:54am

Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

That's a kickass shirt, Thor. I found myself with a sick kind of giddiness at that part. Evil Smile

When the series is over, and if they ever do a "Best of", that scene will definitely be in it.  Also, "Just look at the flowers".

Carol's great.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 9:38pm

Salt and Vinegar chips make me cough.

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 10:11pm
^^^ I've always called those things, "douche chips" because salt & vinegar reminds me too much of vinegar & water. LOL

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 10:08am
I'm looking forward to another week of nice weather, the normal high is about 60, we should be above that most of the week.
I have indoor stuff working now, laundry, dishes. I'm cleaning some of the inside glass.

I think I have enough growth on the lawn to get out there and mow today, I saw some dandelions sprouting on other peoples lawns, I'll check to see if I have some weed killer.
The Hastas have popped, mama bought some Pansy's but she will need to get some more annuals.

About mid-week I will put the boat in the garage and do my spring checkup, fill it up with gas, get it in the water later in the week. Like always, then I have to put the canopy on the boat lift.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 197>
  Share Topic