Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

USA's Dig "end of days" "Armageddon" crap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USA's Dig "end of days" "Armageddon" crap
    Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 7:34pm
Okay I'm really getting sick of these promos for Dig. It all started innocently as an archeology find that will change the world. I don't mind that. But now they're playing the doomsday card AGAIN! I've heard Armageddon mentioned once. Now I hear one character saying "its all leading up to the End Of Days"..... Argh!!!!! Aren't we over this sh*t already? Remember 12/21/12???May 21st 2011???1/1/2000???19f**king99???? 1988???? All dates forecasted to be the "End of the World". Excuse me while hurl over this scare tactic! Aren't we over this sh*t already? ENOUGH!!!!! BUY YOUR f**kING AUDIENCE WITH SOMETHING MORE USEFUL USA!!!!! I don't care when the end happens I'm too busy with living for TODAY!!!!!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 8:10pm
I'm just kinda waiting to see all of these big money ads, from what I have read here most people are disappointed.

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 6:42pm
I can't take it, already ranted about the little hacked TV signal promo in the middle of the shows they air. They are literally making it sound like this will be the greatest show ever created, I have zero interest. 

It worked to SOME degree yesterday. I usually watch USA - and other commercial polluted networks on a long DVR delay...I'll rewind a show as far back as I can go, then start watching...skipping commercials in the process. But eventually it catches up to real time. I would like to complete tune out of USA, but I like my SVU reruns.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 8:05pm
Here's the actual real placeWink
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 4:54am
This is what would really happen at the start of the Apocalypse

Booming Voice From Above

It is now "The End Of Days"

Little nerd guy
 "Wait, what?  The end of the world?  What does that mean, exactly?"

Booming Voice, speaking in a lower tone
Your iPhone is now obsolete.  And you won't be getting an upgrade.

Lng
 "NOOOoooooo!"

LOL
Zach6848 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach6848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 5:02am
To most of these ninnies wandering around, it'd be the End of Days if they were forced to put down their SheepPhone and take a gander outside, or if they were deprived of their blog where they post 'insightful' thoughts on whatever they learned in Gender Studies/Basket-Weaving class today.

I've never been a fan of other shows pimping themselves out on the airtime of another show. I don't need some damned banner ad or something leaping out of the screen in the middle of something I'm trying to watch.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 6:03pm
USA Network was great in the 80s and 90s, when you could watch game show reruns (Press Your Luck, Name That Tune, Jackpot etc), the Cartoon Express, Miami Vice reruns and who knows how many movies. Now I can't stand most of the programming. I've got a few tapes here and there with USA shows from the early 1990s...including several episodes of a Canadian show called "Diamonds" which aired for a short time on USA...about a man and woman who worked as private investigators. Almost a ripoff of Moonlighting.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic