Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Super Bowl Commercials :: 2015 Super Bowl Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

McDonald's-Pay With Lovin (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 2:20am
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

I bought a sausage biscuit at McDonald's, and those Fiends made me pay for it! LOL.
Could have been worse.  They could have made you pay by hugging an unwashed stranger.  No McDonalds product is worth that.  Well, maybe McFlurries, but other than that... Wink
Sponsored Links

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 2:50am
I love the McFlurry! Oreos and M&Ms together in Vanilla ice cream is pure heaven!
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.๐Ÿ˜€ Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! ๐Ÿ˜€

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 4:57am
McD's has another, little known, customer appreciation/reward contest they're running:  You walk in wearing a funny mask, show them your hand stuck in your jacket pocket, and they give you all the money from the register...!  LOL
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 5:58am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I worked fast food when I was young, Churches Chicken, you come home smelling like the food you made.
Let's hope they all wash their hands when they should.

I worked at a Kentucky Fried Chicken in the 1980s, and I too came home smelling like chicken (which I hated)...though the dog loved it!!! LOL

purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 6:56am
I'm not going to make an ass of myself for a crappy $5 McDonalds lunch.
I wouldn't mind if Ruth's Chris tries this though.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 10:22am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

McD's has another, little known, customer appreciation/rewardย contest they're running:ย  You walk in wearing a funny mask, show themย your hand stuck in your jacket pocket, and they give you all the money from the register...!ย  LOL

Oh my God, Mr. Tim! Sad or funny thing, (Leaning more towards the sad side), a cashier in another state gave all the money in the register because a robber pointed his thumb and finger at them, like a gun....
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.๐Ÿ˜€ Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! ๐Ÿ˜€

Tom Servo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Servo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 1:08pm
So, the local news has shown a couple of these taking place, which made me wonder:

-1) If this is supposed to be random, how come the news channel was there to film it? (It was professional footage, not cell phone footage)

-2) In one segment, a lady had to go over and high-five a random customer that was already sitting down eating.  He did not look too happy that she came over and used him to get free food while he had to pay for his.

You all that said this will end in a discrimination suit are spot on.  Someone is going to be very upset that they weren't chosen, but were used so that someone else could get their food for free.
If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it? -Albert Einstein
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 1:28pm
Tom, I knew backlash was going to happen, with choosing which customers get free food, and which customers have to pay. This was a disaster waiting to happen.....

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 1:32pm

Tom, I knew backlash was going to happen, with choosing which customers get free food, and which customers have to pay. This was a disaster waiting to happen.....

It's random, but I doubt it's being decided by humans.  It's probably being decided by the cash register.  So much for "lovin'".

Tom Servo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Servo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 1:50pm

Yep, it's just a matter of time.  I like the idea behind this (random acts of kindness), but they will soon find out that being selective about who you show the kindness to in front of others not receiving said kindness, is not such a good idea.

Me personally, I wouldn't care if the person in front of me got free food and I didn't.  But human nature being as it is, someone out there is going to to get very upset about it.
If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it? -Albert Einstein
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 1:51pm
Was this at a McDonalds?

If so, no one ever claimed their staff was particularly bright.
Hell, if a cashier can correctly tell the difference between a bag of french fries and an apple pie, they become instant candidates for management!!

The bar is pretty low.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Tom Servo Tom Servo wrote:

ย 
Yep, it's just a matter of time.ย  I like the idea behind this (random acts of kindness), but they will soon find out that being selective about who you show the kindness to in front of others not receiving said kindness, is not such a good idea.
ย 
Me personally, I wouldn't care if the person in front of me got free food and I didn't.ย  But human nature being as it is, someone out there is going to to get very upset about it.

Not to mention, it puts the customer-facing employees in the direct line of fire. I can almost see a situation where an uncomfortable cashier is unwilling to deny the next person in line their free shot at food. It will then be like a game of dominoes, with one customer after the next expecting, and receiving, free food.

This has disaster written all over it.

And again, people don't visit McDonalds for "love". They visit because they are hungry.   Note to MD's senior mgmt: Those are TWO VERY DIFFERENT feelings.

Need proof?
You don't see eHarmony hawking free hamburgers !!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 2:14pm

^  The winner is not determined by anyone behind the counter.  It seems to be determined and applied somehow based upon what time the person enters the McDonalds.

Also, I can't see the next person in line becoming upset by someone in front of them having won a $5 meal.

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

^  The winner is not determined by anyone behind the counter.  It seems to be determined and applied somehow based upon what time the person enters the McDonalds.

Also, I can't see the next person in line becoming upset by someone in front of them having won a $5 meal.

You have much more faith in the average McDonalds customer than I do.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 6:09pm

On a related note, anyone else kind of wary of going to a McDonalds during February just in case you get put on the spot?
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 8:19pm
I was forced to sit through the extended version of this turd, last night.  Watching it actually made me feel uncomfortable, for some reason.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 3:24am
I laughed when the woman begun cursing the cashier out, and ranting like a drug addict, But I went when she started to jump through the window and started beating him up! I did laugh when the manager and the cashierclosed the window on her hand as she she screamed like a deranged lunatic.....

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 1:22am
Posted on YouTube yesterday.
I think this former McDonalds employee needed some lovin', maybe just a nice hug.

madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 3:40am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

I think this former McDonalds employee needed some lovin', maybe just a nice hug.

Yup. A real nice, long hug, with one of those coats with the extra-long sleeves that fasten in the back.....
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 5:23pm
I went to McDonalds last night.  All of the people behind the counter were wearing shirts that said, "We love you more than our sauce".  I swear, I thought that the guy behind the counter was going to come out and give me a hug.  It was weird.  

Not making this up.  It happened. Shocked
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 11:02pm

Well folks - You saw it here first on CIH. !!
Looks like the clown ain't gettin' no lovin'.

Sales are PLUNGING!!!
Could of seen that coming a mile away.
Oh yeah, that's right. We DID!!

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2015/03/09/mcdonald_s_sales_plunge_the_rise_of_chipotle_is_the_decline_of_fast_food.html

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 12:54am
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Well folks - You saw it here first on CIH. !!
Looks like the clown ain't gettin' no lovin'.

Sales are PLUNGING!!!
Could of seen that coming a mile away.
Oh yeah, that's right. We DID!!

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2015/03/09/mcdonald_s_sales_plunge_the_rise_of_chipotle_is_the_decline_of_fast_food.html

I know I personally avoided McDonalds for the entire month of February out of fear I would get called on. What McDonald's failed to take into account were all the people who just wanted their goddamn food without having to make fools of themselves in public, free food or not.

Some of those people have probably moved on to other fast food joints. Good for them
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 1:06am

All this?  For 5 dollars worth of McDonalds food??  And then, to have to watch as the McDonalds employees pretend they're excited about it??  Ewwww.  It's just not worth it.

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 2:21am
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

On a related note, anyone else kind of wary of going to a McDonalds during February just in case you get put on the spot?

It seemed weird as hell to me that the Cashier told the customer that they didn't serve McNuggets at 10:30 AM, even though Lunchtime actually does start at 10:30, so the McNuggets would be available at 10:30, meaning that the Cashier would be lying.

Second of all, look how absolutely dark it looks outside. What 10:30 in the morning in the US looks so damn dark? 10:30 AM should be bright. Turns out, it is revealed in another video about this that the 10:30 AM was actually dubbed, and it was really 6:30 AM. Ah! Now the chicken McNuggets not being available makes sense. Why not just leave the original 6:30 AM in and not dub in 10:30 Am?

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 2:29am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

LOL  I am still wondering about their little impromptu fashion show, though...
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic