Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Super Bowl Commercials :: 2015 Super Bowl Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

McDonald's-Pay With Lovin (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: McDonald's-Pay With Lovin (video)
    Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 8:08am

I guess I'll post this here, until our fearless leader sets up the new Super Bowl thread.

I can see it now, random people being chosen to get free food, if you want to call it that.
Here is the headline: Brawls breakout at McDonald's across the country because employees are choosing who gets free food.
I'm hatin it.

Sponsored Links

peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 8:41am
So, a priest, a rabbi and a black guy walk into a McDonald's on Valentine's Day, and ...

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 8:44am
LOLLOL
Call your mama, uh, she's dead.
Do I still get a free sammich?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 2:01pm

"Here comes your free milkshake!"

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 2:18pm
LOL
I didn't know snausages were on the menu.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 2:43pm
So that means I can hire a hooker, turn her over on a table in front of everyone, and do the nasty and get a meal?

Seriously, though, I can see them being really stingy with this - the average will probably only be 2-3 "love" payments per day, and some franchises probably won't (or will only if forced) be participating.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 5:01pm
This screams, "Fake, fakkity, Mcfake" to me. The Mcfake is no pun intended.....
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

This screams, "Fake, fakkity, Mcfake" to me. The Mcfake is no pun intended.....

I absolutely agree with you Donathan! This "lovin" crap is authentic as a three dollar bill!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 9:06pm
Thank you, Ad. Even if this is real, it has been mentioned that it will be a very bad idea to give some customers free food, and make other customers pay. For example, let's say Sally orders a Quarter Pounder meal(roughly $7.00) and Kate orders a two double cheeseburger meal (roughly $5.00) the Cashier tells Sally to sing, The Star Spangled Banner," song, and she does. Sally gets the Quarter Pounder for free. The cashier tells Kate that she owes $5.00 for the cheeseburger meal. Kate rips the Cashier a new one for letting Sally get the Quarter Pounder meal for free just for singing, and charging Kate the full price, even though Sally's food cost more. " "So, you gave her free food and I have to pay for my food? It doesn't work that way. I need my food for free too."

You can see how resentful the customer would be if a real life Cashier did this.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

Thank you, Ad. Even if this is real, it has been mentioned that it will be a very bad idea to give some customers free food, and make other customers pay. For example, let's say Sally orders a Quarter Pounder meal(roughly $7.00) and Kate orders a two double cheeseburger meal (roughly $5.00) the Cashier tells Sally to sing, The Star Spangled Banner," song, and she does. Sally gets the Quarter Pounder for free. The cashier tells Kate that she owes $5.00 for the cheeseburger meal. Kate rips the Cashier a new one for letting Sally get the Quarter Pounder meal for free just for singing, and charging Kate the full price, even though Sally's food cost more. " "So, you gave her free food and I have to pay for my food? It doesn't work that way. I need my food for free too."

You can see how resentful the customer would be if a real life Cashier did this.

I bet you anything they limit it in most cases to dollar-menu cheapskate purchases to avoid losing too much in sales.
peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 11:13pm
So now they're telling us sales are so bad, they're giving it away for free?  LOL
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 5:52am
What is it with McDs lately?  First the signs commercial, then this pile.  If I went in to get some food and they told me to pay by calling my mother and telling her that I love her, my response would be something to the effect of, "Don't tell me what to do.  Just fk off, and give me a price in dollars and cents so that I can leave and NEVER come back to this sh*thole!"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 3:15pm

I'd have to tell whoever answered my parents' phone that I loved them.  My parents are dead and the number's probably been reassigned.  I just hope my new mother speaks English.

usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 4:38pm
This actually makes me want to go to McDs even less.  Now I'm afraid that they'll tell me to make a phone call or do some stupid dance to get the food that I'd normally pay for with CASH.

But I agree with what you say, and I can't actually see them doing this.

McD's minimum wage worker: "This will cost you one phone call to your mom, to tell her that you love her."
Customer: "Well, my mom's dead, but thanks for bringing up a painful memory, you a**hat twirp!"

Seriously.  Just serve the lukewarm slop that you're known for, and take my money, like a normal "restaurant".
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

"Here comes your free milkshake!"

ConfusedI...I...I think I know her! Yea! She got a few free shakes from me, too! Well, maybe they weren't free...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 5:19pm
I haven't been following Micky-Dees closely, but I heard on the radio that the CEO is leaving (for performance issues, etc..).

The new guy is their Chief Brand Officer.
Wonderful - the guy (mostly?, partly?) responsible for their current crappy brand image is going to take the top reigns? WTF?

So, again, my advise is: ditch the clown (publicly, and permanently).
Then, stop catering to the lowest common denominator.
It's OK to have a few inexpensive items, but not the whole damn menu. It only puts you into a death spiral (quality, price, lack of profits).

Maybe what M-D's should do is offer a "decent" burger (like Five Guys?), even though it will be more expensive. I mean, their cokes and fries are OK - the burgers suck.

At least that way, a trip to M-D's isn't nixed because one individual in a group can't find anything on the menu worth eating.

Oh, and ditch this "lovin'" crap IMMEDIATELY.
People don't come to Mickey-Dees for a rub-and-tug.
This has to be the most idiotic slogan idea since "I'm lovin' it".
Love doesn't sell burgers. Quality, price, and getting the order correct at the drive thru does (and preferably in under a few minutes).
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I'd have to tell whoever answered my parents' phone that I loved them.  My parents are dead and the number's probably been reassigned.  I just hope my new mother speaks English.

Another thing we share (I am no longer surprised). I've been an orphan since 2000.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 6:03pm

^Maybe I'll go to McD's for this one. I'll go at a busy lunchtime. I'll find a cute young cashier.

I'd simply love to have her ask me to call my wife, just so I could call directory assistance on the speakerphone and ask for the number for some cemetary...and tell the cashier the wife has taken up dirty habits and she just can't get off her back enough to push the lid open, anymore, but, well...HEY! Yo! doncha know - this cahier? she's kinda cute and I'm kinda horny...and, well...would she like to be my wife for the afternoon? I bet I could get a 'Happy Meal' for a move like that.  
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 7:47pm
Forget the simple annoying stomach issues I'll have after eating a Quarter Pounder, with my luck I'll probably hug a McDonalds employee with early stage Measles. 

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 7:56pm
I worked fast food when I was young, Churches Chicken, you come home smelling like the food you made.
Let's hope they all wash their hands when they should.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 4:28am
What in the f--k is this?! McDonald's is trying to discriminate customers this way! I will probably never go back to McDonald's after this. 
They are trying everything they can to get customers and get crappy food into their stomach. 

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 7:04am
I just can't wait until the first brawl is recorded and uploaded to Youtube.

It's gonna make Super Saiyan Chicken McNuggets Lady feel like child's play!
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 1:01am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

What in the f--k is this?! McDonald's is trying to discriminate customers this way! I will probably never go back to McDonald's after this. 
They are trying everything they can to get customers and get crappy food into their stomach. 

-crainbebo

Exactly.  What if you were raised by your father?  Or your mother is dead?  Or you HATE your mother?  McDonald's needs to stop whatever it is they are trying to do here.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 1:48am
I don't want to go there again, because I'm afraid they'll ask me to do something stupid and embarrassing.  Just give me my sludge, let me pay, and let me leave.  Idiots.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 2:18am
I bought a sausage biscuit at McDonald's, and those Fiends made me pay for it! LOL.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic