Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

McDonalds-Unapologetic Big Mac (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 6:42pm
I love this commercial!

Sure its unhealthy, but dammit, it tastes so good! I haven't tried a Big Mac. But thanks to this commercial. I might try one!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 7:23pm
You've never had a Big Mac?  You never will either, at least the ones they used to have.  The last time I indulged, it was tasteless dry meat, warm lettuce, day old bun and didn't taste like it should have.  You won't get one that looks like that either!
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 8:05pm
I'm tellin ya, folks. Burger King stole everything that was holy and pure about the Big Mac, baptized it in flame, and created your new special sauce Savior.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 8:08pm
Damn, so it won't be as great as its pictured or would of been 20 years ago? That sucks. I'm familiar with how they 'made up' fake food to make it appear delicious. Learned it in health class in middle school.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I love this commercial!

Sure its unhealthy, but dammit, it tastes so good! I haven't tried a Big Mac. But thanks to this commercial. I might try one!

Save the $7 Shockedthat a BigMac combo costs and head on down to a 5 Guys Burgers. You'll be happy you did.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2015 at 12:02am
Originally posted by peachblossom666 peachblossom666 wrote:

You've never had a Big Mac?   

Neither have I.  Nor a Whopper.

I decided in the 70s that I loved those li'l ol' cheeseburgers, and never bothered with anything else from McDonalds or Burger King.  It'll soon have been 10 years since I last had one.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2015 at 12:41am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by peachblossom666 peachblossom666 wrote:

You've never had a Big Mac?   

Neither have I.  Nor a Whopper.

I decided in the 70s that I loved those li'l ol' cheeseburgers, and never bothered with anything else from McDonalds or Burger King.  It'll soon have been 10 years since I last had one.

I've never really been a Big Mac fan, don't really care for the sauce. Whoppers are overrated now, the meat patty has gotten so thin it's almost just a salad sandwich. The double cheeseburger and the filet-o-fish are my McD's poisons of choice. Something about that little fish sandwich, you get it when it's fresh and you just can't beat it.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
mechasus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mechasus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2015 at 2:10am
Its ego is not massive, and it needs no introduction...

Then that means the VO just wasted everyone's time.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 3:15am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

I love this commercial!

Save the $7 Shockedthat a BigMac combo costs and head on down to a 5 Guys Burgers. You'll be happy you did.
You are so spot on! 5Guys rocks! They wipe the floor with MC. Ghetto. And 5 Guys doesn't even advertise on TV. If Mickey Dees would halve their advertising budget and make product quality improvement...That's too much like right. Their Ad Agency must be an agent of the Devil with this ghetto centric over stayed it's welcome "I'm Lovin It." Should be I'm Shovin It. And then those hipster commercials with Eco nom nom nom ics.Nuke
I approve this message.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 3:48am
I Five Guys! Their burgers are excellent although a bit messey. Their fries are to die for! I love the fact they pile on the fries so they fill the bags.
DemonicMelodies View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DemonicMelodies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 1:01am
I absolutely cannot stand that "Bah dah bah bah bah" jingle or whatever the hell it is, especially when the announcer actually mouths it. It's unappealing and does nothing to make the food seem more nutritious or fancy or whatever it was they were going for. And McDonald's does not need to let us know they are unapologetic. From the growing unhealthiness of their food, to the way some locations actually charge for sauces and have been for years, they give you enough ketchup for maybe one small fry regardless of your order, rarely supply napkins or straws...etc.
People are dumb.
peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 1:13am
Originally posted by DemonicMelodies DemonicMelodies wrote:

I absolutely cannot stand that "Bah dah bah bah bah" jingle or whatever the hell it is, especially when the announcer actually mouths it. It's unappealing and does nothing to make the food seem more nutritious or fancy or whatever it was they were going for. And McDonald's does not need to let us know they are unapologetic. From the growing unhealthiness of their food, to the way some locations actually charge for sauces and have been for years, they give you enough ketchup for maybe one small fry regardless of your order, rarely supply napkins or straws...etc.
Agreed.  The flat VO guy saying the stupid jingle is almost as bad as the ghetto I'm Lovin' It crap.
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 1:39am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

I love this commercial!

I couldn't agree with you more on that one Tiz.  Dear Husband and I each get a burger and split the small fries(which aren't so small) for about the same price we would have spent at McSh!tty's.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 12:08pm
McD's CEO steps down after a 15% drop. I still appreciate the "this is what we sell" message, and the balls it takes to make a commercial like this, and it's fine if you don't want to tamper with the Big Mac, but...

It might be time for a McBurritobowl, or a McBroccolisoup, or something.

LOL

Also, the Five Guys by us (there's 2 within range and so far we've tried one) was pretty gross. The burger was OK, but nothing remarkable, but the fries were soggy with grease. We keep saying we'll try the other one before we pass judgement on the brand, but... strike one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic