Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hand Puppet Flo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hand Puppet Flo
    Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

If it was me, I'd say...Hey Flo, how the f**k did you get in our house uninvited?

Get your gun and stand your ground!
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Sponsored Links

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 8:10pm
I absolutely despise this piece of ad trash. Horrible. Makes me want to dig my ears out with a spoon.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 6:00pm
I hate ALL Progressive commercials!

Anyone see the one where Flo is at someone's house...I hate that one even more!

If it was me, I'd say...Hey Flo, how the f**k did you get in our house uninvited?
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2015 at 2:59pm
I hate to say it..but  i think the flo hand puppet may actually be hotter than FLO

she is a spokesperson who has about as much sex appeal as a turnip

which I am sure has been calculated and explains her MASSIVE appeal
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Number One Navy Seal View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Number One Navy Seal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2015 at 12:36am
If I caught my wife with a Flo hand puppet and talking to it,I'd be looking for a Divorce Lawyer. Or better yet,an Annullment Lawyer if we haven't been married for at least a year.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 2:46pm
I guess the Puppet Flo is better than the Creepy talking box from Progressive.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 2:31pm
so progressive..giving us a break from Flo..is giving us FAUX FLO?

genius
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 11:33pm
Oh sweet mother of pearl...

I hope I never ever EVER see this commercial again!

The "nailed it" was bad enough the first time why make us suffer through this $%&# a second time? Go away Progressive! Far far away until you change your commercials
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 11:11pm
Why does October feel like a lifetime ago?
http://www.commercialsihate.com/progressivehand-puppet-video_topic19622_post297546.html

Anyway, I have no idea why they keep airing this piece of garbage, total whackjob talking to her hand. I think they wanted the kiddies to start usin "Nailed It" as a cool saying (ex. "Swag", "Like a Boss," and other moronic sayings) After 3 months, nope..it didn't work. 

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 3:09pm
I wonder if Flo gets the Meat Sweats when she sees this ad
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 2:52pm
For the love of god...will you GO AWAY Flo?! You've had your 15 minutes of fame (...I meant 7 years) now let's let someone like a REAL spokesperson take over Progressive. 
Progressive has been airing Flo all day long. Hand puppet, that Charades commercial, the creepy dummy, the after-school special love one, and the "piece of cake" 15-second ad. ENOUGH!

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Autumn Autumn wrote:

I really really dislike this actress, Suzi Barlett or something. In most of the commercials it seems like she thinks she's being hilarious and and the people shooting it are all probably "OH GOD SUZI HAHAHAHA COMEDY GOLD RIGHT THERE!! OH MY SIDES!!!" but most everyone else just rolls their eyes.

I don't see how her stupid hand puppet is anything like Flo. Doesn't sound like her, the stupid "nailed it" tagline she says twice isn't a tagline Flo says that I know about. Then again, I don't know why I'm bitching about something not being "Flo" enough since I'm not all that fond of Flo either, lol.

She was mildly amusing in an old (Esurance?) commercial, but that's about it.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 2:04am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

DKS, I remember "Nailed it," being funny when Lindy said it in I Didn't Do It, Christmas episode. It was funny because she was so proud of herself for counting to 3, when she actually counted to 9. The normally smart and normal Lindy was now an idiot due to a wish gone bad. So, she stupidly gave a customer $9.00 when she meant to only give $3.00. And, the customer actually walked off with the extra $6.00! Okay, I got a bit carried away. Nailed it was funny when Lindy did it, annoying when the woman does it in the Hand Puppet Flo commercial.

I had to look that up.  Well, I didn't have to; I wanted to.  I wanted to confirm my suspicions that this is some teen sitcom, as you reference teen sitcoms a lot.  And yes, it is.  But I kind of expected it to be one from the 80s, considering your preference for such.  I was wrong on that count.  It's current.

Why are you watching sitcoms targeted at 12 y/o girls?  You're a 39 y/o male without kids, aren't you?  At least if it was to leer at adolescent girls, it'd be sick, but I'd get it.  But it seems you watch them for the actual stories.  That, I don't get.  ShockedLOL

I have no idea what "I didn't do it" is??
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

DKS, I remember "Nailed it," being funny when Lindy said it in I Didn't Do It, Christmas episode. It was funny because she was so proud of herself for counting to 3, when she actually counted to 9. The normally smart and normal Lindy was now an idiot due to a wish gone bad. So, she stupidly gave a customer $9.00 when she meant to only give $3.00. And, the customer actually walked off with the extra $6.00! Okay, I got a bit carried away. Nailed it was funny when Lindy did it, annoying when the woman does it in the Hand Puppet Flo commercial.

I had to look that up.  Well, I didn't have to; I wanted to.  I wanted to confirm my suspicions that this is some teen sitcom, as you reference teen sitcoms a lot.  And yes, it is.  But I kind of expected it to be one from the 80s, considering your preference for such.  I was wrong on that count.  It's current.

Why are you watching sitcoms targeted at 12 y/o girls?  You're a 39 y/o male without kids, aren't you?  At least if it was to leer at adolescent girls, it'd be sick, but I'd get it.  But it seems you watch them for the actual stories.  That, I don't get.  ShockedLOL

Thor. Please check what I posted a few minutes ago in the Title Max thread. There is at least one CIH poster who has problems separating fantasy from reality.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 2:49pm

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 2:27pm
I don't know which part is worse, "nailed it" or "progrehsive dawt cawm".
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 2:50am
Originally posted by Dirtdog Dirtdog wrote:

The sound of Her saying "nailed it" sounds like fingers scraping on a chalk board to me especially the 2ND time.
I probably wouldn't even hate this commercial if she didn't say it but as it is its one of my current most hated airing...

THAT's what did it for me too
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2015 at 5:42pm
The sound of Her saying "nailed it" sounds like fingers scraping on a chalk board to me especially the 2ND time.
I probably wouldn't even hate this commercial if she didn't say it but as it is its one of my current most hated airing...
Autumn View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autumn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2015 at 5:20pm
I really really dislike this actress, Suzi Barlett or something. In most of the commercials it seems like she thinks she's being hilarious and and the people shooting it are all probably "OH GOD SUZI HAHAHAHA COMEDY GOLD RIGHT THERE!! OH MY SIDES!!!" but most everyone else just rolls their eyes.

I don't see how her stupid hand puppet is anything like Flo. Doesn't sound like her, the stupid "nailed it" tagline she says twice isn't a tagline Flo says that I know about. Then again, I don't know why I'm bitching about something not being "Flo" enough since I'm not all that fond of Flo either, lol.
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2015 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by LooseCaboose LooseCaboose wrote:

This thing is played every single day on almost every single channel I change to. If murdering a commercial was possible, this would be the first I would go after. 

I'll buy the bullets!
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2015 at 3:13pm
The better commercial would be if the guy had hand puppet Flo and lipstick in awkward places when the wife caught him.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
LooseCaboose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LooseCaboose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2015 at 1:54pm
This thing is played every single day on almost every single channel I change to. If murdering a commercial was possible, this would be the first I would go after. 
breakfastmess View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breakfastmess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2015 at 10:14am
Her voice doesn't even sound like Flo - she sounds more like Pam Poovey from "Archer."
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2015 at 9:58am
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2015 at 9:24am
When this commercial started airing I was afraid "nailed it" was gonna become a new advertising "catchphrase" cause right around the same time it came out the Big Lots Christmas ad started airing with the heifers singing "nailed it, nailed it"
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic