Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The TrueCar guy creeps me out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The TrueCar guy creeps me out
    Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 1:08am
OK, I can't stand it any longer. This first ad's been around for months, and I've held off posting about it. But, this guy gives me the creeps! I hate his mannerisms, his face, his fashion sense, the way he talks... everything about him just... gaah. Dead The reason I finally broke down and posted it now, is that I just saw a brand new ad, with the same creepy guy, that's not up on their YouTube channel yet, and I'm not going to bother going over to iSpot, the hell with it.

Sponsored Links

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 5:16am
Hysterical, I guess he's supposed to be the "average Joe," someone who is not all that great dealing with negotiations. But he does come off as a total slob. He's not the BMW type also.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 7:55am
I wonder how many dealerships actually participate in the TrueCar pricing gimmick anyway.
That would narrow down the options and I'll bet the freakin dealer still has some nice extra charges to throw in there.

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2014 at 5:18pm
Here's another TrueCar ad with ... THE CREEPY GUY! Wacko

EasyChango View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyChango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2014 at 12:04am
The guy says, "Now you're an expert in less than a minute."  Huh?... because you got a price from a website that's less than the average price other people were paying (getting ripped off) and this TrueCar 'estimate' is supposed to be the best price?

Peenaus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Peenaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 12:02am
I signed up for this website for the sole purpose of wholeheartedly agreeing with you, dear sir.

Everything about this guy sucks.
EasyChango View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EasyChango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 12:58am
Yes, he's too creepy to be a hipster, and too creepy to be a nerd.  He's simply CREEPY!

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 1:26am
Welcome to CIH, Peenaus. *Chuckles at name, like immature 8th grader."
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

MrPink View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrPink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 7:10am
centurylink hired the same d-bag.  Angry

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 2:34pm

I see he also directed both commercials.  Seems he's a fairly big name in his field---enough to have his own Wikipedia page and writeups in notable publications.

Here's one:

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by MrPink MrPink wrote:

centurylink hired the same d-bag.  Angry

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I see he also directed both commercials.  Seems he's a fairly big name in his field---enough to have his own Wikipedia page and writeups in notable publications.

Here's one:

Ha... wow. Ermm Add another name to the "Repeat Offenders" roster.
hrtbrakr65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hrtbrakr65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 8:22pm
I don't know why they would use a pudgy, scruffy, poorly dressed man as their spokesperson. An overweight man in skin tight red jeans. Oh yeah, I really want to listen to what he does!
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 4:21am
Seriously he seems utterly stoned in BOTH these 'productions'

hes the biggest wtf? character on commercials for me right now-his
'talents' are extremely elusive to my senses
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
djasonw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djasonw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 8:19am
How on earth can they have this obnoxious ugly man be a spokesman for this company? Those red tight pants look ridiculous. Those glasses and ugly beard make him look disgusting and smelly.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 4:02am
i just went deeper by watching some of his other junk..he likes some funny things but theres an element of erudite dooosheeness about all he does..hes a my S don't stink kinda guy BUT
I bet he reeks of prescription ganja and PATCHOULI
Sfishy3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sfishy3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 8:00pm
I don't mean this as "racist" but I think he's supposed to represent those of Middle East descent. Brainwashing to have us accept everyone that migrates over here. I hate to be paranoid but I hate his face every 10 minutes!!!
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 8:58pm
Another ad where he's messing with some kind of health app. 
He looks anything but healthy.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2015 at 9:27pm
I hate Hate HATE this overused bag of reeking excrement--why Why Y is he considered a viable spokesperson by ANY company? Have we all lost our damn minds? This pudgy fingered deadpan no talent chud must VAPORIZE
editrjim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote editrjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 1:09am
This forum is awesome. I thought I was alone in my hatred of the creepy TrueCar guy, but I see I'm in good company. I'm a retired video editor, working over 35 years in broadcast tv, up and down the east coast, mostly NY, and I've seen some real lousy "talent" but this TrueCar clown takes the cake. There is nothing about this guy that is appealing, and I would never download the TrueCar app or associate with TrueCar just because of this guy. When the goofy TrueCar music comes on, a cross between a bad movie western and a circus, I hit mute as quickly as possible. I can't stand looking at this guy. OK, you're in a meeting at an ad agency, who in their right mind said, "wow, let's let this guy represent the company! He'll be awesome!" Come on TrueCar, he's as repulsive as the Charmin Bears.
Ponycarboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ponycarboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 9:41pm
This guy is a TOTAL MAGGOT. He makes me wanna vomit I wish someone would bash his scull in abs shave that sh*t of his face
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Ponycarboy Ponycarboy wrote:

This guy is a TOTAL MAGGOT. He makes me wanna vomit I wish someone would bash his scull in abs shave that sh*t of his fact
Agree 110%.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 1:52am
^ Well, TrueCar itself must agree with you.
Just for giggles, I Googled TrueCar, Progressive and Geico.

Progressive and Geico feature their spokesperson (ok.., "spokes-creature") prominently in their web site.
Not so for the creepy bearded TrueCar guy.
Scratch that.  Let me plagiarize one of the AR-15 forums:  The "castrated hipster doofus in plum-colored pants".

While I'm at it:
What pisses me off is slamming the words True and Car together, as if it's a new word.
It must be a marketing thing because lots of companies do it.
I guess they think it's "cute" and "trendy".

No, it's f*ckin' stupid.  That's all.
Not cute, not trendy.  Stupid!
twisty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twisty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 2:05am
Who is worse?  True Car schlub or Mr. Sprint former Verizon "Can you hear me now" asshole?   (I hate them both with the heat of 10,000 suns)
commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2016 at 8:44pm
I highly suspect he is supposed to appeal to the new millennial generation of hipsters. You know, the kind who wear man buns and think everything they do is "awesome" no matter how horrible it is.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic