Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The day starts out with...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The day starts out with...
    Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 4:20pm
How did YOUR day start out?
~~~
Embarrassedmassive embarrassment and 'unwanted company'Dead.
Woke up late, on the front-room couch and in my skivvies. I just *knew* the foreign voice in my dream didn't make sense. 
My folks were up and the cute Filipino lady who works them through their physical therapy was sitting there (with her back to me), also. WHY they decided to just leave me there I have no idea. WHY they didn't throw a cover over me, I don't know...but I was able to escape and get dressed and start the morning coffee & teas for all. Passed out the morning beverages to all about the time I noticed my coffee, which I drink black/no sugar, had an extra additive - a cockroach swimming on top. Damned thing didn't even have a Santa cap on!
Up in the Great White North = we have no cockroaches.
Down in The Swamp = the cockroaches all know you by first name, outnumber you a million to one, and will fight the dog over table scraps. 

Once the Assisted Living arrangements are made, I'll be back up at The Den...it has been a long time coming,..

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 11:47pm
^The cockroach is just horrendous--it is irrational but I couldn't drink out of that cup again no matter how many times I washed and bleached it. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! And face it, if no body went blind seeing you like that, then so what?

I think the worst wake up for me anymore is when I occasionally step in a hairball when I'm still half-awake on the way to the shower.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

...a cockroach swimming on top. Damned thing didn't even have a Santa cap on!

Funny!!!

Up in the Great White North = we have no cockroaches.
Down in The Swamp = the cockroaches all know you by first name, outnumber you a million to one, and will fight the dog over table scraps.

Funnier!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 12:27am
....cloudy and dark as it is the shortest day of the year. 8:45a.m. Never slept in that late before - must be why the cat was staring at me.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 12:39am
I could not BELIEVE I slept till quarter past 11 this morning!!!

Woke up real early when the cat jumped on me & made me almost jump out of my skin. Got up, took a whiz, gave them some food, then laid back down, figuring I was awake for the day.

At some point, I drifted back off & for a good while, too.

Had the cat not woken me up, I probably would have awoken on my own around 9:00.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 1:42am
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

...I think the worst wake up for me anymore is when I occasionally step in a hairball when I'm still half-awake on the way to the shower.
Fully understand the 'hairball thing'....had a few cats in the past. Every time one would toss up a hairball in front of me, I'd immediately puke. No kidding - it is an uncontrollable involuntary physical reaction with me (imagine what great fun I can be at a party at a house where there are multiple cats and hairball issues).

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 3:05am

...I think the worst wake up for me anymore is when I occasionally step in a hairball when I'm still half-awake on the way to the shower.
Fully understand the 'hairball thing'....had a few cats in the past. Every time one would toss up a hairball in front of me, I'd immediately puke. No kidding - it is an uncontrollable involuntary physical reaction with me (imagine what great fun I can be at a party at a house where there are multiple cats and hairball issues).

I don't understand why they call them hairBALLS, when they're more like hairTURDS.

C'mon, man!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 3:42pm
FUNNY STUFF, PA!

Reminds me of one morning my sister fixed her coffee (sugar and cream) took a big gulp that had a lump in it. There was a spider in her coffee what made it into her mouth. I shot my coffee across the room when I saw a leg hanging out of the corner of her mouth. Priceless!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 3:58pm

I don't mind the hairball regurge.  At least I know it accomplished something.  It's when the cats eat too fast and decide that the white carpeting is the best place to exhibit their art, that I get a bit annoyed.  Sometimes, though, there's enough warning to allow me to get something to catch the puke in.  Sometimes, it's a cereal bowl.  I just have to remember that I didn't just pour myself a bowl of Reese's Puffs.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

....cloudy and dark as it is the shortest day of the year. 8:45a.m. Never slept in that late before - must be why the cat was staring at me.

Kinda nice that the days are now getting longer.  It's the one thing I like about winter.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 4:04pm
Funny how they almost never puke on the bare floor where it's easy to clean up & doesn't leave a stain.

Nope. Gotta be the carpet.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 4:05pm

I have 2 small red-brown stains on the carpet right now that I have to deal with.  They've been there a few weeks.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I have 2 small red-brown stains on the carpet right now that I have to deal with.  They've been there a few weeks.

ConfusedLookie - you have more than one of those speedy little whiskered psycho bags o'hairpuke running around. Why not just let the stains accumulate and tell everyone you bought a 'spotted carpet'? 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 4:22pm

It'll go with the blood stain that Rocco left behind when he injured his crotchal area, and the brown stains left behind when Sneakers used to stand in the litter box and squirt his diarreah outside of the litter box.  You would've loved that.  I could actually hear the stuff squirting out.  He was old and sick, though, so I just dealt with it.

Anyway, the current stains do match the color motif of my living room.

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 6:27pm
My ex and I invented a new Olympic game called "cat hurling." And that's exactly what it was. We heard the sounds of a cat getting ready to hack one up and we ran to cat and tried to throw it onto a tile floor instead of the carpet.

The reason hairballs bug me in the morning is because I step out of bed barefoot and then step on a nice, gushy one. Lovely way to get your day started.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2014 at 4:03am
Ouch....sometimes, it's all about how the day ends...
My beloved mother just banged the library door..."...probably should go to bed - the physical therapy folks will be here at 09:00 - we don't need another episode of 'Naked & Crazy' first thing in the morning, cancha tell...." 
No sh*t - but that's not fair. I was the victim. What's it going to be this time? Everyone singing 'Jingle Balls' to me?
I gotta get this 'Home Health Care' business set up, or I'm going to get stuck in the insanity around here...
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2014 at 11:33pm
.... with a text message from boss telling me to take today & tomorrow off. Worked half day anyway to get somewhat caught up.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2015 at 3:22pm
Disapprove...well, still 'caretaking', so I had to get 'Morning Tea' (and *my* pot of coffee) ready.
Black breakfast tea, for the elderly, of course.
"You shouldn't drink coffee! Good coffee contains caffine and that's addictive!"
"I need addictive substances to keep me moving enough to meet your demands, doncha know..."
"Make sure that is a level teaspoon of sugar you add to my tea!..."
Holding up the spoon for the sugar, I notice a roach standing on the end - right on the tip of the spoon, waving at me, "Happy New Year, Paw! Ya seen any of my kids running around?"
"Yea - they were near the stove. I killed 'em..."
Had a napkin in my other hand, so it was easy to grab the freeloader and smash it between my fingers, stopping to inspect it and make sure it was dead - pretty much like looking at snot in a tissue.
I hate The Swamp.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2015 at 5:23pm

Yesterday morning...

Up at 5:30 after 4 hours of sleep to take my college buddy visiting from SF back to the train station.  It involved getting his bike into my car.  My trunk is like a glove box, so we had to put the bike in the back seat.  That involved backing the car out of the garage and putting the top down.  Not a big deal, except for the fact that I'd just woken up after 4 hours of sleep, it was still dark, and the weather was 30 degrees and windy.  Anyway, we managed that, got to the train station, and Larry realized he left the front wheel at my house.  We had to go back to my house.  I was going to be working with a friend on my fence, so taking him back later was outta the question.  Larry's nickname in college was Space Ranger.  40 years later, it still applies.  I was not happy.

Anyway, he ended up staying another day.  Today, I got him to the train station with his bike and front wheel.  Just got back.  No fence work today, and no house guest.  I'm going to vedge and eat spaghetti all day.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 3:59pm
...a 'banana peel'.
Yea, I slipped. First day back to work after a month off and I'm 45 minutes late, missed one meeting, but I sure don't seem to care...wonder what that is telling me?
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 4:02pm
Started with my alarm going off for the first time since Christmas Eve morning and me saying "Sh!t .. already?"

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Started with my alarm going off for the first time since Christmas Eve morning and me saying "Sh!t .. already?"

LOLTHAT is precisely what happened to me! It was an 'unfamiliar and unwelcomed noise' that I quickly dealt with, which means I went right back to sleep. It was also an ugly reminder that it has been almost 3 months since I've been home...and I cannot see myself getting back in the next 2...

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 12:55am
You get on your Motor Scooter and discover it has a FLAT TIRE. Cool
Poiuyt Power!!!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 3:34pm
It's about midnight, I usually don't get up until between 1 and 2.
I hear the furnace, running and running and running, after maybe 5 minutes I thought I better get up and restart the fire.
Mama must have come to bed early and I know she didn't do the normal shutdown for overnight routine. You have to load it heavy with big pieces and shut down the air intake, there is usually hot coals when I get up and (normally) the furnace has not been running.
So I got the fire going again, had a smoke or two and did half a shot of Z-quil hoping to get back to sleep.
I must have slept because then comes the bizarre dreams, a buildings roof collapsing around us.
Leah climbing a vertical ladder attached to a wall at the speed of a run on level ground.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 3:55pm

[IMG]
Holding up the spoon for the sugar, I notice a roach standing on the end - right on the tip of the spoon, waving at me, "Happy New Year, Paw! Ya seen any of my kids running around?"

Can't stop laughing....
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic