Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tempur Pedic- A new low!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tempur Pedic- A new low!
    Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 10:48pm

This commercial offends on so many levels I don't know where to start.
How about the music? I am so sick of this Granola munching muzak I'm ready to break my TV.
Then there's the anarexic tree-hugger who apparently thinks tap dancing is cool
And let's not forget the two "adorable" kids trying to do the Charleston. Two six year old retards trying to a dance from eighty years ago?
Just who are they trying to target with this monstrosity?
Why is it all these bed commercials lately seem to be targeting the Subaru driving tree hugging Granola munchers? 
I guess the rest of must sleep on the floor.
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 11:38pm
Your post cracks me up!

The fact that two six year olds are dancing a dance from 80 years ago? That's an non-sequitar. How the f**k does a kid know about the Charleston. Oh I know its their Hipster parents who just love living in the far past!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 2:50am

Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

This commercial offends on so many levels I don't know where to start.
How about the music? I am so sick of this Granola munching muzak I'm ready to break my TV.
Then there's the anarexic tree-hugger who apparently thinks tap dancing is cool
And let's not forget the two "adorable" kids trying to do the Charleston. Two six year old retards trying to a dance from eighty years ago?
Just who are they trying to target with this monstrosity?
Why is it all these bed commercials lately seem to be targeting the Subaru driving tree hugging Granola munchers? 
I guess the rest of must sleep on the floor.

Good points, Captain Ernie, and may I add a few more?

Idiot dad jumping on the bed...  When did it become acceptable (much less amusing) for anyone - especially an adult - to jump on the bed?  Remember when parents actually set a good example for kids, and if you were caught jumping on the bed you slept on the floor that night?  

...with his lil brats wrapped around his legs and hanging around his neck.   How about taking them to a playground where you can jump on a trampoline and the kids can climb on the jungle gym?

I'm so disgusted with commercials that depict parents (usually fathers)  as idiots who are unwilling or unable to teach their kids acceptable behavior.

And enough with the geriatric lovebirds.  Don't get me wrong, I love seeing happy, affectionate older couples, but we get enough of this from AARP.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 2:52am
Oh, and one more thing.  How about getting some bed linens?  Don't these people believe in putting sheets on their bed?
peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 3:36am
This ad is irritating to me too.  The song is stupid, "I can do anything" -- what does that have to do with anything about beds?  (Wait, there's a joke in there somewhere.)  The first couple with tap dancing and the father with 2 rug rats are the most annoying.  How do even hipsters know about the Charleston?  Too bad they didn't show an interracial couple rolling around on their amazing mattress!  The older couple, yeah enough of the gray-haired lovebirds, but at least she isn't putting her husband down like the young wives do these days.  I hate the ending with the "oh, oh, oh" at the end of the song.  I guess no bed linens because they want us to see what a mattress looks like.  Tongue

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 3:44am
Originally posted by purple rose purple rose wrote:

Oh, and one more thing.  How about getting some bed linens?  Don't these people believe in putting sheets on their bed?

Sheets would hide the mattress which is what is being advertised. Commercials rarely depict things that are normal. About 9 years ago I was sitting my 3 and 5 year old Granddaughters at Daddy's house. They had been playing quietly in their room (girls were so much easier than sitting their cousin my 5 year old Grandson who has no concept of playing quietly) when I heard the bedsprings. I opened the door and told them to stop jumping on the bed. They tried to convince me that Daddy (who was much stricter than Grandpa) allowed them to do this. Riiiiiiight!   
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 3:47am

I don't even let the cats' fleas jump on the bed...at least not when I'm trying to sleep.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 3:57am
Some funny stuff about buying a mattress by this guy.

Starts at 2:40, but the lead up stuff is worth checking out, too

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 4:06am
LOL Clap Thumbs Up
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 4:22am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Some funny stuff about buying a mattress by this guy.

Starts at 2:40, but the lead up stuff is worth checking out, too

Funny
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 4:27am
"I'm looking for a rectangle slightly larger than me, that I'm going to lay on."
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
thedude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 5:36am
"granola munching muzak"

That's the best description I've ever read for this annoying bullsh*t.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 7:46am

[/QUOTE]Sheets would hide the mattress which is what is being advertised. Commercials rarely depict things that are normal. [/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm weird but I think I'd be more likely to be influenced to buy a mattress if I saw people sleeping in it comfortably with decent bedding.  Do people really buy a mattress based on what it looks like?  And if they do, what's so special about the way this one looks?  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic