Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robitussin whipped husband with cold

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandy345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Robitussin whipped husband with cold
    Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 11:53pm
The husband can't catch a break. In the throes of a bad cold he starts coughing in the middle of the night. He wakes the baby so his spouse holds the baby and glares at Hubby. So robitussin to the rescue. What a marriage these two must have. The wife can't stand how her husband must cough when he's sick.
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 7:46am
^Agreed,  not to mention the next made up word, this happens way to often these days.    AngryAngry

'Coughequence'

CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 4:58am
I hated this ad last year.  I hate it again this year!  Wife is an unsympathetic vengeful little beast who is angry - angry!!! - at her poor, sick husband for having the temerity to have a cold.  Hey lady!  "In sickness and in health," remember?  Not "'you woke up my baby, now I hate you!"   This ad could not make me want to buy Robitussin.  It does make me want to see Hubby, in the last scene, put a pillow over her face!  "Hey Honey!  Here are the coughequences!"
CapeCat
peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 5:11am
^ Yup, she's one of those wives that as soon as they get the baby pushed out, it's no more nookie time because there are more important things to tend to!  Why is the baby in the parents' room to begin with?
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2014 at 1:42am
This is a very stupid commercial that makes a baby cry. I can feel my ears bleeding.
IMO, Robitussin is some of the worst-tasting cold medicine I've ever tasted in my life. Ick! 

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2014 at 1:49am
I miss the old Robutussin commercials that didn't have this "coughequences" bull crap. That deviant stare is so f#$king serious! Relax lady its a cough not like he committed adultery! Geez. Lighten up lady!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Kris L. Walker View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris L. Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2014 at 8:45pm
I hate this f*cking commercial. First of all, why the hell should the wife be made because her husband got sick. We all get sick b*tch, what makes you immune to getting sick. Not a damn thing, and I highly doubt a cough is going to wake a baby unless husband does it deliberately to be a smart a**. But he's not, and why is the baby even in the bedroom in the first place. The baby doesn't belong there, the baby belongs in their own room. God, I am convinced that advertisers have to out to paint us men as unable to do anything right. Seriously, why the f*ck does this trend be allowed to continue. It's pretentious and contrived as f*ck!
Back from an unexpected hiatus. Time to rip ads a new one all over again.
OperatorStandingBy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OperatorStandingBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 11:54pm
Yep, it's long past old to show men as idiots and/or as "necessary nuisances" that women have to put up with.
ShinyGreenApple View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinyGreenApple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 1:25am
I HATE this ad with the passion of a million suns. Coughing is not something you can control, dumb bitch. It's not like the guy tra-la-la-ed into the waiting room of a doctor's office and licked everyone with a cough. You knew he was sick, take the damn baby into another room. Better yet, take it and yourself to the other side of the world. 
madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 4:47am
Like SGA, I hate this ad. The previous one was even worse... husband was coughing up a lung during her TV show. Instead of compassionately getting him some water and Robitussin... or at least a damned cough drop... she TURNS THE TV VOLUME UP while glaring at him.

Oh hell, I'm hopelessly old fashioned. Thought husbands and wives were supposed to be help-mates.
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 2:36am
Maybe he's a nuisance because she told him multiple times to take the damn syrup, and finally got the hint when he woke the baby. I say this because it takes me saying it 100 times for my Husband to take anything to help his cold. He'll finally cave in late at night when I can't fall asleep and keep nudging him Embarrassed 
deacon blues View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deacon blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 8:34am
The best ending would be for him to turn and face her.....and then cough up big green lump of mucus that splashes right in her snooty face
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by deacon blues deacon blues wrote:

The best ending would be for him to turn and face her.....and then cough up big green lump of mucus that splashes right in her snooty face

OperatorStandingBy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OperatorStandingBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by ALE515 ALE515 wrote:

Maybe he's a nuisance because she told him multiple times to take the damn syrup, and finally got the hint when he woke the baby. I say this because it takes me saying it 100 times for my Husband to take anything to help his cold. He'll finally cave in late at night when I can't fall asleep and keep nudging him Embarrassed 

I might cut the wife some slack if that was the case. However, the commercial doesn't tell us that. We're left with the impression that she's p****d off because he has a cold w/cough in the first place and it's keeping her and the baby awake.
cocopuff View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cocopuff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2015 at 8:34am
Oh my god, this commercial angers me to no end. How DARE the sick husband cough and wake up the baby. (sarcasm) Worst marketing ever. And any wife who is actually like that deserves to die. I want to throw the remote at my tv every time I see it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic