Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Candy Crush Soda Saga 'Bus Stop' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Candy Crush Soda Saga 'Bus Stop' (video)
    Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 2:37am
If THIS isn't just a fine 'HowdyDOO!'.
JUST when I got MissyDWolf out of Candy Crush Rehab, THIS hits the screen, tonight...something tells me when I get back up to 'The Den' (around XMAS), I'll have a babbling idiot waiting for me.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 2:43am
I've been seeing this all evening in History channel.
I must be enough of a luddite to not know what the heck it is about.
Same with all the "saga" commercials, I don't do video games but from what I've seen, they all look pretty much the same.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 2:52am

I just don't get what the attraction is---for adults, anyway.  Maybe it brings them back to age 7 when they were playing board games like Candyland...the attraction being that now they can do it without everyone knowing.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 3:07am
*I* thought, as responsible and mature adults, WE were above this...but addiction is a strange thing, I guess. A few months with the oldest two gurlz and the Missus was a mess. And mind you, it was only being around oldest daughter, who had a serious gaming problem...her sis avoided it (just said 'No')...but MissyD? Fell like a stone. It was SO HARD - holding back the money - the 'Interventions' - the stealing of the battery from her cell phone...
After awhile, she was fine - she was my beloved, again.
I even felt she was strong enough that I could take the extended leave to come south.
Now?
I'm terrified.
Thinking of calling my buddy, the chief of police, and having him sneak up on her, maybe bust her, if he can catch her playing Candy Crush ANYTHING. Heck, I'd settle for him just busting her stinkin' smartass phone...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 3:37am
I play it, it's fun - but King's commercials make me feel deep shame.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

I play it, it's fun - but King's commercials make me feel deep shame.

...and you SHOULD! You'll NEVER get any of that wasted part of your life back...just don't sink into any sort of deep depression there, Snes...
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 5:01pm
Eck, I've never seen this ad. But how many times has the 80's song "I Want Candy" been used in a darn commercial. 

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 5:49pm
Sheesh, what a commercial. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 8:27pm

Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Eck, I've never seen this ad. But how many times has the 80's song "I Want Candy" been used in a darn commercial. 

I like the song, and I like the band, but I don't ever need to hear their version again.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 8:33pm
I remember a girl named Candy, in Jr. high,  she was a few years ahead of me.
Oooooh, did I want Candy.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 8:40pm

There's a name you don't hear parents name their daughters anymore.  If I had a daughter, I'd consider it.  Hell, if I had a son, I'd consider it.  Might be fun.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 8:55pm
Because, "The Candy Man Can"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 9:23pm

She agrees:

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 9:29pm

Only a few of us here are old enough to remember this "kookie sex comedy" from the 60s, starring Ringo Starr, Marlon Brando and others.  It might've been rated X at the time.

EasyChango View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyChango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

There's a name you don't hear parents name their daughters anymore.  If I had a daughter, I'd consider it.  Hell, if I had a son, I'd consider it.  Might be fun.

That's getting close to "A Boy Named Sue"  Shocked

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 12:02am
Geez Louise, WTF are those advertisers on? Acid? LSD? What?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 4:49am
Oh. My. Gawd. I saw this ad for the first time tonight.

Shudder....
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 1:55am

Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

It's also currently being used in a Zales commercial.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic