Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

KMart - "Joe Boxer Holiday 2014"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: KMart - "Joe Boxer Holiday 2014"
    Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 2:54am
Sorry for full 1 min ad, just saw the 30 second slop on TV.
This Kmart dump needs to go out of business ASAP! 

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 7:40am
I didn't think they would bring the one back from last year.

Fine, let's celebrate big man bellies and save the jingle balls till the end.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 6:05pm
Sigh, is the Kmart ad executives a bunch of morons, idiots, and imbicles? It sure looks that way!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 9:10pm
Im still waiting for the female version with women banging on their titties to "Little Drummer Boy." Its not cool either way. Stop with this sh*t. I posted a comment on the youtube video and a Kmart drone replied with something similar to "its just a playful way to spread holiday cheer." Actually its commercials like this that make me hate many aspects of this time of year, Kmart motherf*cker.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 2:38am
Well Kmart can go f#$k themselves for all I care! Last month I got word that my local Kmart is closing! I shed no tears if this is the best, Kmart can come up with this holiday season.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:51am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Well Kmart can go f#$k themselves for all I care! Last month I got word that my local Kmart is closing! I shed no tears if this is the best, Kmart can come up with this holiday season.

Agreed.  I avoid that place like the plague.  It's like a step down from Wal-Mart, and I don't shop at Wal-Mart unless there is no other option.  Both companies commercials make the decision easier.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

sjh4889 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sjh4889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 10:33pm
This ad just grosses me out. Yeah, Kmart execs, what says "holiday cheer" more than some middle aged chubby guy jangling his balls in my face? I came here to post the second I saw this crap; what moron actually gave this the green-light?
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 1:09am
I miss the jingle balls of last year......
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 1:39am
Originally posted by ALE515 ALE515 wrote:

I DON'T!
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 2:24am

Originally posted by ALE515 ALE515 wrote:

I DON'T!

Last year's was way worse. I agree.

- Mark Twain

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 6:08am
*facepalm* ....... Not this again. Confused 

"Kmart sucks." - Rain Man, 1988.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 7:46am
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

*facepalm* ....... Not this again. Confused 

"Kmart sucks." - Rain Man, 1988.

That pretty much sums it up.

- Mark Twain

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 2:10pm
The local K-Mart here is about 85,000 square feet (not counting the Garden Center).

...and ONLY ONE register open !! (and it is typically staffed with glacially slow idiot cashiers.)

I never shop there anymore.

This K-Mart will die too.
Even if that single cash register could opererate non-stop, there is no way it alone can ring up enough sales to justify the store's overhead. It's got to be losing venture! It's only a matter of time...

I think K-Mart's business startegy is to save themselves into prospertity by hiring the cheapest labor it can find, and then only hire half the staff that they really need -- and then that half isn't even focused on the customer shopping experience.

No wonder they (and their parent company, Sears) are screwed.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 2:22pm

I like the Sears near me.  Not so much the K-Mart.  The K-Mart near me is just depressing.  Everything there is as you said.  Plus, there always seems to be spilled Icee by the Icee machine that no one's in any hurry to clean up.

One time in the mid-2000s when I was there, they were giving away raffle tickets for something from the jewelry counter to be raffled off within a half-hour or so.  About 5 shoppers showed up when the announcement came over the PA for all ticket holders to gather at the jewelry counter.  I don't remember what the prize was.  Some sorta junk.  The whole thing just seemed so sad.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 4:32pm
Kmarts a dying brand. Walmart, Target and others are beating the pants off of them and Kmarts refusing to do anything about it. Its sad.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 5:21pm
I've been trolling the crap out of both last years "jingle junk" commercial and this year's belly smacking crap on the YouTube comments.  It's been enjoyable.  

- Mark Twain

peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

I've been trolling the crap out of both last years "jingle junk" commercial and this year's belly smacking crap on the YouTube comments.  It's been enjoyable.  
Great comments, EMCEE!  Why do I get the feeling most if not all of those comments saying it's a funny commercial are from Kmart employees?

Anyone who has one iota of good taste would see what a crapfest these ads are.  I think they even toned it down from last year's Jingle Balls.  Christmas 2015:  Christmas Butts All The Way!!!  Oh What Fun It Is To Ride ...
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 10:02pm

Kmarts a dying brand. Walmart, Target and others are beating the pants off of them and Kmarts refusing to do anything about it. Its sad.

There is a Kmart down the street from me, been there since as long as I can possibly remember - could be more than 40 years. It was constantly busy 30-35 years ago, wasn't a terrible place when I would go there with my mom. Now...the parking lot is always empty, the exterior hasn't changed since maybe 1982..except the sign - old logo to the current name "Big K". The "Garden Center" is vacant..the sign is still there but it looks like an abandoned dump.

It's a total eyesore for this area and I cannot figure out how they are still in business. Sears next door is connected to the local large mall. Both are the same company..I'm just waiting any day now..maybe after the Holidays for more store closings of Kmarts and this will be on the list.

Yeah, there is a Target and Walmart nearby - and no question they are kicking the living crap out of them.

madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by peachblossom666 peachblossom666 wrote:

Great comments, EMCEE!  Why do I get the feeling most if not all of those comments saying it's a funny commercial are from Kmart employees?

Anyone who has one iota of good taste would see what a crapfest these ads are.  I think they even toned it down from last year's Jingle Balls.  Christmas 2015:  Christmas Butts All The Way!!!  Oh What Fun It Is To Ride ...

With any luck at all, K-Mart will be defunct long before Christmas 2015. Like, maybe St. Paddys day??
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

The "Garden Center" is vacant..the sign is still there but it looks like an abandoned dump.

I used to frequent all the garden centers in the area.  Even when KMart's wasn't vacant, it might as well have been.  Poor selection, ratty-looking plants, half-empty shelves, etc.  Often, there wasn't even anyone in the Garden Center.  Plants everywhere rejoiced when they heard they were no longer going to end up at KMart.

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 11:17pm

Thanks.  I spent quite a while last night making a lot of comments, and I enjoyed blowing up both idiotic commercials.  I commented a lot on the "real people" who kept talking about how "Victoria's Secret shows more skin," stating that I've never a Victoria's Secret model's EXACT BODY PART objectified to the sound of godd*mn jingle bells.  Could you imagine if there was a commercial where women had bells on their bras and wiggled their breasts, or shook their hips to a jingling sound?  Where's the bell?

I've noticed today that the stupid comments directly from Kmart have been removed completely, from both of those videos and the other ones I've checked.  Not sure what happened.  

- Mark Twain

peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 11:49pm
Well I'll be gosh derned!  ALL KMart comments are gone.  For anyone else reading this, there were lots of comments purportedly from KMart to the posters who love the YouTube videos and ones of regret to the naysayers.  Perhaps the real Kmart found out it was an imposter?!?
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 11:56pm

Well I'll be gosh derned!  ALL KMart comments are gone.  For anyone else reading this, there were lots of comments purportedly from KMart to the posters who love the YouTube videos and ones of regret to the naysayers.  Perhaps the real Kmart found out it was an imposter?!?

Weird, isn't it?  I don't know what happened, but it amuses me very much. Big smile

- Mark Twain

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic