Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Honda - "Happy Honda Days" (2014)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Honda - "Happy Honda Days" (2014)
    Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 10:28pm
Why? 
After seeing these I ALMOST miss the Michael Bolton ads from last year.Confused

Sponsored Links

thedude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Why? 

lol omg cuz millenials. Angry
purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 12:55am
Honda makes good cars that they sell at a sensible price.  Why do their commercials have to be so sucky?
Many moons ago Honda had an ad campaign with Danny the salesman, who had nothing to do because the cars sold themselves.  That was cute, sort of along the lines of the lonely Maytag salesman.  
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 1:20am
WTF!? Did the creators of Robot Chicken get involved with Honda or something? I am not happy about that!

I only laughed at the Playmobil people only because they got knocked down!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 4:53am
These commercials will assure I never buy a Honda.  Makes me sick to say it, but I'd rather see the Bolton commercials.  Dead  WTF are they trying to prove with this tripe? 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 6:32am
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

These commercials will assure I never buy a Honda.  Makes me sick to say it, but I'd rather see the Bolton commercials.  Dead  WTF are they trying to prove with this tripe? 

I think everyone knows Hondas and Toyotas are reliable if not terribly exciting automobiles. They pretty much sell themselves. Money spent on commercials probably exceeds any increased sales and could possibly create a negative effect with their stupidity as you have stated. Why do they advertise? Only because the competition does.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 2:33am
These are awful but Michael Bolton's were horrid and the worst of the worst was the one with fruity Vampire Weekend croaking out their hit Holiday for Honda. What's the deal with the GI Joe guy and the young Peg Bundy big hair robo whore in her capris? Instead of a new car with a new car smell I think of a car that smells like rank tuna on a July day thanks to a skank girl plying her trade to support her habit and maybe some of that money would go to her illegitimate kids with different baby daddies. 
I approve this message.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 4:00am
At least Honda ads gives me about a .75 second heads up with the "ding dong" intro. 
ALMOST enough time to hit mute on remote....almost.

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 3:54pm
I'll take these over Bolton's spots any day. Not saying they're good, but the Skeletor one did make me laugh at "looking out for danger" and He-Man was behind the car.

"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
sjchevalier07 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjchevalier07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 3:47pm
Bring back Bolton! He's a national treasure!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 4:39am
Who's the hooker looking girl with the big pink Peg Bundy hair? She looks like some of the working girls on Wilkins Avenue and Washington Blvd. in Pigtown section of Baltimore. Peggy Bundy - Married with Children - Katey Sagal
I approve this message.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 6:44pm
Old 80s cartoon "Jem." - Some kind of updated version of "Josie and Pussycats" 
Honda is simply attempting to ruin childhood memories.

Guess it could be far worse, like a talking "Cabbage Patch Kid."

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 6:50pm
...another thing, if they took Jim Henson's "Emmet Otter and The Jugband" and turned that into a car ad. I'd be very upset. Already shoved the Muppets down out throats so maybe one of these Holidays they will! Ouch

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 7:23pm

...another thing, if they took Jim Henson's "Emmet Otter and The Jugband" and turned that into a car ad. I'd be very upset. Already shoved the Muppets down out throats so maybe one of these Holidays they will! Ouch
Would you like some tea??  LOL

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 11:47pm
I saw one that featured Gumby, with his horse! I was surprised! It didn't bother me.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 12:26am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Would you like some tea??  LOL

Nope, I will not click on that video. That's just evil. 
Evil Smile

haha

brewerat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewerat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 8:50pm
Heck, I would even take those 'Mr. Opportunity' ads over the Strawberry Shortcake ad any day! At least he is ONLY an obnoxious blathermouth!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2014 at 5:35am
Originally posted by sjchevalier07 sjchevalier07 wrote:

Bring back Bolton! He's a national treasure!

Ok, I'll bring it back. Just one last time. 
Version that never aired from last year.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic