Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Songs that tell a story? :)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Songs that tell a story? :)
    Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 1:21am
Gordon Lightfoot's, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald", which tells the story of an iron ore freighter ship that went down in a major November storm in the early-1970s.

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 9:14am
Really Nasha?  Don't all songs try to tell a story?
Some are just more haunting and chilling than others.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 11:20am
Isn't there a 'Donathan's Song' around here, somewhere? Think it was 'banana music', of some sort or maybe something about bad things that happen when you wear your jockey shorts backwards...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 12:58pm
^ What are you going on about, thang?! Nobody said 'Nasha'...is it your 'time of month', or are you just 'feelin' 'da bitch', today?
"...mebee baby, 'dis be yo' 'sto'ey song?"
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 1:21pm
^oh.
Well, o.k. then.
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 1:37pm
Cummon, everybody please give Nasha a break here...she may not in fact be Donathan; we don't want to alienate a perfectly good commercial hater from the only place we have online to vent our h8red of those little 30- and 60-second pieces of H-E-Double-Bendy-Straws that are played back during our shows now.

We now return to our regularly-scheduled programming, already in progress.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Nasha Nasha wrote:

Look, I am not f-cking Donathan, so stop it.

Hey, nobody ever claimed you were f-cking him!!!

Did they?...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 1:41pm

Be sure to use protection if you do!!  Embarrassed
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Did they?...

...no - and that is concerning. We must be 'mentally-warping' a perfectly good member. Strange how we enable the innocent to jump to perfectly unreasonable conclusions. We're just a bunch of sick bitches.
Is there a song that tells a story about that?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

We're just a bunch of sick bitches.
Is there a song that tells a story about that?

If there is, Thor probably knows about it.

Sounds the kind of musical genre he'd be familiar with...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 3:29pm
http://www.commercialsihate.com/songs-that-take-you-away_topic16468_post242729.html?KW=songs#242729

I thought this thread's title rang a bell.   In fact, my first assumption when I saw it was that it actually was Ken's thread getting bumped, but lo and behold it wasn't LOL 
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 3:52pm
Is nasha f*cking Ken, too?
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

LOL LOL
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Angry McPisseron Angry McPisseron wrote:

Gordon Lightfoot's, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald", which tells the story of an iron ore freighter ship that went down in a major November storm in the early-1970s.

And Angry, today is the 39th Anniversary of the Edmund Fitzgerald going down.

(November 10, 1975).

RIP

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 4:34pm
And another thing, Angry - when did you go back to being Angry? Did the submarine sink?

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 4:40pm
This one tells a very touching love story:

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 6:58pm

Look, I don't know who Ken and Donathan are,so stop pputting those posters names in my threads...
Most new members don't go around posting bold new threads like 'f-ck argentine' or 'songs that' or 'random laughs' or 'you fiends' ??
The similarities are not hard to see, People have given you good advice, you don't have to be some show pony going for the next 100 page thread.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

http://www.commercialsihate.com/songs-that-take-you-away_topic16468_post242729.html?KW=songs#242729

I thought this thread's title rang a bell.   In fact, my first assumption when I saw it was that it actually was Ken's thread getting bumped, but lo and behold it wasn't LOL 
LOLLOL
Thanks for digging that old jewel up.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 7:50pm

I'm 2 F'KING INCHES from cranking up an "Old People Suck..." thread.
Why?
'cause I'm thinkin' Ang got promised a special, wet XMAS present while the rest of us are yapping about our dear ol'uncle, Al Z Heimer.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 8:01pm

LOLLOL I can't believe Ms Mad even said that.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 8:25pm

Did they?...

I was just playing along.

I'll be good now.

I'll go to confession on Saturday. I think.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 8:31pm
Only teasing Maddy, we all ahve our naughty side.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 9:23pm

Did they?...

I'll be good now.

If I were to ever go to confession, it'd take so long to get through it all the priest would die of old age before I got done. And that's only if he didn't die from shock first.

Wait, my son.  You did WHAT??  .... *thud*

"Yes well it was a really wild night already, and then we started drinking shots of .... Father? Hello?"

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Did they?...

I'll be good now.

If I were to ever go to confession, it'd take so long to get through it all the priest would die of old age before I got done. And that's only if he didn't die from shock first.

Wait, my son.  You did WHAT??  .... *thud*

"Yes well it was a really wild night already, and then we started drinking shots of .... Father? Hello?"

If I so much as dipped my finger in the holy water on my way into Church, my skin would probably start smoking.

And yeah, I'd have to do my confession in sessions. But as soon as I begin muttering "Bless Me Father" I'd already be ex-communicated!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 10:15pm

^  Mine would have to go..."Bless me, Father, for I have sinned.  It has been 552 weeks since my last confession..."

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic