Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Checkers ad execs have lost their damn minds!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Checkers ad execs have lost their damn minds!
    Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 2:06am
Is it just me, or does the checkered "mouth" look like an open zipper? I mean, I know I have a feeelthy mind, but ......
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 2:10am
I like Mr Bag.

Especially when he has two Big Buford hamburgers inside him, carrying them home for me!!! Tongue

But yeah, the mouth does look like a zipper.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 2:40am
True story:

A friend of mine worked in Finance over at Checkers (Corporate).
This was several years back and I think he has since moved on...

We were talking one day and the conversation turned to a little impromptu market research. I told him that even though there was a Checker's convenient to the office, I no longer went there for lunch. It seems that Checkers simply can not make a burger WITHOUT cheese. I can't stand cheese on burgers. I just got pissed off after a while, even after downright pleading with the staff to hold the cheese (I mean, trust me - there was NO WAY they could screw it up, right?)

Anyway - My friend actually confided (and I quote), that Checkers was a 50-50 proposition: 50% chance you'd get what you ordered, and a 50% chance it would be hot. Pretty hard to argue with that, talking bag or not.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 2:44am
I've always gotten exactly what I ordered at Checkers & it's always been adequately & hot.

No complaints.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 3:19am
I generally try not to go to fast food burger joints anyway, but it sounds like your local Checkers is a lot better than the one here.

I mean (quite literally), I gave them every chance in the book.
After about the 15th time of them delivering up cheese on a no-cheese order, I simply gave up. Their default position seemed to be "cheese". It's stupid, but it pissed me off. You could be downright EMPHATIC at the counter, even have them repeat "no cheese", and then the sandwich shows up with cheese. Unbelievable! They frequently got the soda wrong too.

The last time I was disappointed at a burger joint was about 3 months ago at a Wendy's drive-thru. It was late, I was tired, and hungry. Really hungry or I would not have bothered. I ordered a #1 combo, no-cheese, fries and a soft drink. Sure enough: Got home and there was cheese dripped all over the burger. Too messy to even try to pick off with a butter knife. I literally ended up giving the entire sandwich to my dog. (He's not as picky as I am!)

Still, at like $8 a meal, is it asking too much to get the order correct? I went online at Wendy's (see back of receipt), explained my frustration, and asked for a call back - which was optional. All I got was an auto-responder $2 off coupon for my next visit. Wow!! I'm still $8 in the hole, and went to bed hungry to boot. I guess they tried, albeit automated and impersonal.

My guess is all these fast food joints screw up so much they can't possibly manage the customer experience, certainly not via one-on-one basis (so why mention that on the survey?)

We do have a FIVE GUYS here. (burgers).
I've never had a problem there, the food is reasonably good in my opinion if a bit pricey. But again, I hit a fast food joint maybe once a month or so, if that?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 3:47am
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

I generally try not to go to fast food burger joints anyway, but it sounds like your local Checkers is a lot better than the one here.

I mean (quite literally), I gave them every chance in the book.
After about the 15th time of them delivering up cheese on a no-cheese order, I simply gave up. Their default position seemed to be "cheese". It's stupid, but it pissed me off. You could be downright EMPHATIC at the counter, even have them repeat "no cheese", and then the sandwich shows up with cheese. Unbelievable! They frequently got the soda wrong too.

The last time I was disappointed at a burger joint was about 3 months ago at a Wendy's drive-thru. It was late, I was tired, and hungry. Really hungry or I would not have bothered. I ordered a #1 combo, no-cheese, fries and a soft drink. Sure enough: Got home and there was cheese dripped all over the burger. Too messy to even try to pick off with a butter knife. I literally ended up giving the entire sandwich to my dog. (He's not as picky as I am!)

Still, at like $8 a meal, is it asking too much to get the order correct? I went online at Wendy's (see back of receipt), explained my frustration, and asked for a call back - which was optional. All I got was an auto-responder $2 off coupon for my next visit. Wow!! I'm still $8 in the hole, and went to bed hungry to boot. I guess they tried, albeit automated and impersonal.

My guess is all these fast food joints screw up so much they can't possibly manage the customer experience, certainly not via one-on-one basis (so why mention that on the survey?)

We do have a FIVE GUYS here. (burgers).
I've never had a problem there, the food is reasonably good in my opinion if a bit pricey. But again, I hit a fast food joint maybe once a month or so, if that?

Re: Checkers... did you walk up to the order window or go thru the drive through?

If you order at the walk up counter, you can demand that they remake your order if they get it wrong.

Five Guys is incredible, but way too expensive for me.

C'mon, man!
Stacy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 7:45am
Gee, I thought there was nobody on earth who didn't like cheese on a burger!Shocked
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 8:33am
It's just so bone-dry boring! It's the same old stereotypical "ladykiller" black guy voice we've all heard before a kajillion times in other places.

Kind of reminds me of a ghetto version of the Progressive box in a way!
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 8:35am
Is Checkers the same thing as Rally's BTW? If not, that's some coincidence in design - almost exactly the same!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 5:24pm
Nasha, This has already been posted.

http://www.commercialsihate.com/checkers-mr-bag_topic19636.html?KW=Checkers

Although it's been awhile, all the way back in October 2014, a week ago.  But since you're NEW here, I guess you didn't KNOW.  Wink
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

Is Checkers the same thing as Rally's BTW? If not, that's some coincidence in design - almost exactly the same!

They are the same company.  Checkers-east, Rally's-west.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Re: Checkers... did you walk up to the order window or go thru the drive through? If you order at the walk up counter, you can demand that they remake your order if they get it wrong.
Five Guys is incredible, but way too expensive for me.

Both. Sometimes counter, less often Checker's drive-thru.

Rightly or wrongly, I felt embarassed and inconsiderate or those in line behind me to have to open the bag at the counter, inspect the contents - then complain, and have them re-work the order. Like I'm holding up the line somehow...

It's sort of the same feeling you might get if you got in the 10-items or less express checkout line at the grocery store and the idiot in front of you has 40 items, (or even better: two separate orders of 20+ items each) and then wants to write a check, fumbles for change, wants to use 2 or 3 different credit cards to total each purchase, or simply can't figure out how to use the ATM pin pad in the first place - all while talking loudly on a cell phone and not paying attention! That is really frustrating. The world has way too many freeloaders, but that's another RANT.

I know I would be right to do it (to have Checkers re-make the order), but why does the restaurant put me in that position in the first place?

The end result is I finally reached the conclusion they just didn't want my business. I was happy to comply. (And I'm not that hard to please. My expectations are already pretty low for fast-food burger joints. It takes a lot to get to this point.)

As for FIVE GUYS, I agree they are a bit pricey, but the food is good so I don't mind as much. I love that they really load you up with French Fries, because I find their fries pretty good, especially drowned in ketchup - which they'll give you plenty of! Of course, fries and dieting don't go together (unless you're dieting to gain weight, I suppose), so unfortunately, I have to avoid FIVE GUYS for the moment.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

The end result is I finally reached the conclusion they just didn't want my business. I was happy to comply. (And I'm not that hard to please. My expectations are already pretty low for fast-food burger joints. It takes a lot to get to this point.)

As for FIVE GUYS, I agree they are a bit pricey, but the food is good so I don't mind as much. I love that they really load you up with French Fries, because I find their fries pretty good, especially drowned in ketchup - which they'll give you plenty of! Of course, fries and dieting don't go together (unless you're dieting to gain weight, I suppose), so unfortunately, I have to avoid FIVE GUYS for the moment.

I don't know about where you live, but around here, places like Burger King, Wendy's & occasionally, even McDonald's, send out coupons in the mail, so you've almost always got some kind of cheap burger option available.

With McDonald's, they usually just have special deal days of the week, like 2 for 1 Big Mac Mondays, etc.

C'mon, man!
NoBagFag View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoBagFag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 2:35am
To Stacey

Well gee, if it was real cheese, instead of caulking residue, I might agree. Nobody with a living taste bud would like the plastic cheese substitute that they provide.
NoBagFag View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoBagFag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 2:37am
Hey Jimbo, maybe some hidden desires there? Did you notice that he also wants to be filled with your juicy goodness?
About as gay as you can get...
NoBagFag View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoBagFag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 2:45am
Madwomen, he DOES demand to be filled with your juicy goodness, so I guess you don't apply anyway! <eww!>
treos View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote treos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 3:18am
o.O i think someone should learn how to read the date on posts on a forum. FYI: necro posting isn't a good start to visiting forums but it can be a quick trip to the ban hammer if done consistently (maybe, depends on how tolerant towards necro posting people are around here)
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by treos treos wrote:

o.O i think someone should learn how to read the date on posts on a forum. FYI: necro posting isn't a good start to visiting forums but it can be a quick trip to the ban hammer if done consistently (maybe, depends on how tolerant towards necro posting people are around here)

Re: Necro-Posting...

More likely, NoBag's last stable neuron is under constant barrage by Checkers ads playing in his/her market! I can see where there's that "one ad" that pushes someone over the edge, and they seek out sites like CIH to lodge their complaints! Clearly the smarmy-talking Checkers bag qualifies.

Revisting my posts here from nearly a year ago, I am PLEASED to announce that I have not been to a Chekers all year! (My dog, not so happy about that, since he still prefers cheese on his burgers.)
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 7:07pm

Maybe someone should learn to read the rules. ;)

The thread necromancy limit here is one year from the last post.

http://commercialsihate.com/thread-necromancy-is-now-prohibited

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 7:17pm
Wow, how did I miss this?

And, I'm just guessing here.

A NoBagFag would be.....an L, if I know?
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 8:30pm
My money is on "NoBagFag" being an account created specifically out of hatred for the Checker's bag.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
NoBagFag View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoBagFag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 2:00am
My last stable neuron still knows that it is not yet Nov. 2015....Nya!
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 2:20am
Originally posted by NoBagFag NoBagFag wrote:

My last stable neuron still knows that it is not yet Nov. 2015....Nya!

BTW: I didn't mean that neuron thing in a negative way.
If you watch some of the commercials around here, your brain turns to rage first, then outright mush.

As for the "rules", I've not noticed that they are strictly enforced around here. The "Search" function here is so bad, it's almost hard not to necro-post.

Welcome to crazy town.
The Henderson's will show you where we keep the Swiffer Wet Jets.
"Ba-Bam!!"

See, it's starting already.
treos View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote treos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Maybe someone should learn to read the rules. ;)

The thread necromancy limit here is one year from the last post.

http://commercialsihate.com/thread-necromancy-is-now-prohibited

well, i did say it depends on how tolerant the place is towards necroing.

also, what are these "rules" you speak of? i never read the rules for forums or online gaming. being nice and not stirring up trouble usually suffices to keep me out of trouble. :P

edit: seems i forgot something in my previous post http://imgur.com/AUxvHJH though it seems less effective here, given the nature of this particular site. :/ i mean, thread necroing is one thing but ad companies are even worse and even more stupid about it.
NoBagFag View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoBagFag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 5:07pm
Subject of thread is "Checkers ad execs have lost their damn minds!"

Let's keep on topic...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic