Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Christmas ads BEFORE Halloween!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Christmas ads BEFORE Halloween!
    Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 8:13pm
I count several. Kmart, Planters, Best Buy,and Petsmart. I'm sure there's more. It seems to be that they're airing Christmas ads earlier and earlier. Pretty soon it will be the end of Summer and BANG Christmas ads. Stop it!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 8:17pm
Just imagine the sh*t that's gonna be steamrolling in starting this weekend when November kicks in and the whoring out of Black Friday begins getting shoved down our throats.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 11:38pm

While Halloween might not be over and done with, most Halloween spending is.  Thus, it's time to start thinking about the next reason to start spending (Thanksgiving doesn't cut it).

Me?  I plan to drop a bundle in celebration of the Feast of the Immaculate Conception on 12/8.  Go, Blessed Virgin Mary, Go!!!

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 11:45pm
Get ready for next Wednesday. Bye Bye Political Ads, now BRACE YOURSELF for the Christmas ads that will be INCOMING!!!  Shocked
Poiuyt Power!!!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 12:52am
Originally posted by regulus regulus wrote:

Get ready for next Wednesday. Bye Bye Political Ads, now BRACE YOURSELF for the Christmas ads that will be INCOMING!!!  Shocked

You got that! However, they won't even wait until Wednesday. I remember from past elections including Presidential, yes Presidential they start the "Yule Turd" garbage even before the yellow journalistic pundits call the elections. Only times I can remember them not hoisting the XMAS sh*t on us on election night were the POTUS elections of 2000, hanging Chad mess and 2008 which made major history.

XMAS is the phoniest crass much ado about nothing. People have been trampled to death so they could be the first to buy that made in China cheap TV at the big box stores. And in my industry (airline) their true selves come out. Actually this is 50/50. Half are really cool and happy the other 50% can take a one trip to you know where. Of course one good thing about the Yule Turd season; the worst of the worst commercials come out and the threads and replies are priceless for their entertainment appeal and true feelings. Something tells me this is going to be a LOOOOONG holiday season. We should all have betting pools on how many tramplings will occur. Hopefully none will result in bodily injury or death.
One consolation, at least the Pet Smart ones are not offensive. Anything with cute doggies and kitty's take the bite out of crass holiday badvertising! However that Baldwin as the creepy peanut for Planters is so 2000. It's overstayed it's welcome already.
Eventually Christmas adversising will be year round. After January 2, they'll start hawking their crap for the next holiday season. "Only 358 more days till Christmas!"

I approve this message.
madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 3:10am
I refuse to shop at any place that advertises BEFORE Halloween. Of course, I'm all about shopping online, too. Saves gas, reduces stress, avoids crowds.....
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

Originally posted by regulus regulus wrote:

You got that! However, they won't even wait until Wednesday. I remember from past elections including Presidential, yes Presidential they start the "Yule Turd" garbage even before the yellow journalistic pundits call the elections. Only times I can remember them not hoisting the XMAS sh*t on us on election night were the POTUS elections of 2000, hanging Chad mess and 2008 which made major history.

[COLOR=#663300][/COLOR] 

XMAS is the phoniest crass much ado about nothing. People have been trampled to death so they could be the first to buy that made in China cheap TV at the big box stores. And in my industry (airline) their true selves come out. Actually this is 50/50. Half are really cool and happy the other 50% can take a one trip to you know where. Of course one good thing about the Yule Turd season; the worst of the worst commercials come out and the threads and replies are priceless for their entertainment appeal and true feelings. Something tells me this is going to be a LOOOOONG holiday season. We should all have betting pools on how many tramplings will occur. Hopefully none will result in bodily injury or death.

One consolation, at least the Pet Smart ones are not offensive. Anything with cute doggies and kitty's take the bite out of crass holiday badvertising! However that Baldwin as the creepy peanut for Planters is so 2000. It's overstayed it's welcome already.

Eventually Christmas adversising will be year round. After January 2, they'll start hawking their crap for the next holiday season. "Only 358 more days till Christmas!"

We vote by mail. I received my ballot Oct 10th. I had done my research so I filled it out and had it in the mail the next day. I find it amusing that they are wasting their money filling my mailbox for what is now a mute point. I also expect Christmas advertising to eventually start January 2nd. It is also wasted on me as I just give cash.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 1:33pm

Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I also expect Christmas advertising to eventually start January 2nd. It is also wasted on me as I just give cash.

Same here.  I'm not a good gift-shopper.  I dislike shopping, and I can't see putting so much thought and time and effort and money into buying stuff that people probably don't even want.  Most people I know don't really need anything, and if they really want something, they probably already have it or it's some major item I can't afford, anyway.

Mainly, I think it's that I just don't like shopping period.  I think women tend to like it more, so they're better at it.  

madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 2:51pm
Well, THIS woman absolutely HATES shopping. Hate, hate, hate! I won't even go shopping for clothes for myself. I have ONE purse, which I've carried for twenty years. My clothes pretty much consist of what I can buy at Walmart while grocery shopping.

Fortunately, my Christmas list consists of my husband, my best friend, and her husband.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 3:31pm

LOL  Yeah, I'm familiar with that shopping list.  Milk, eggs, apples, a pair of shorts, chicken, celery, a new t-shirt and a 12-pack of soda.

verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by madwoman madwoman wrote:

Well, THIS woman absolutely HATES shopping. Hate, hate, hate! I won't even go shopping for clothes for myself. I have ONE purse, which I've carried for twenty years. My clothes pretty much consist of what I can buy at Walmart while grocery shopping.

Fortunately, my Christmas list consists of my husband, my best friend, and her husband.

This woman hates shopping too, except for grocery shopping, but that's because I love to cook.  The mall, Target, outlets, no way.  If I need something from Target or Walmart, I make Dear Husband go-unless of course I need clothes or shoes then I have to go.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 4:51pm
I try to avoid Target if I can, but I always avoid Walmart because I can.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by verminstew verminstew wrote:

Originally posted by madwoman madwoman wrote:

This woman hates shopping too, except for grocery shopping, but that's because I love to cook.  The mall, Target, outlets, no way.  If I need something from Target or Walmart, I make Dear Husband go-unless of course I need clothes or shoes then I have to go.
I wish my wife loved to cook.
Gift cards, cash. That's what we give, everybody goes a little overboard when there is a youngster among us, that's a different story.

And the ultimate "Not an early Christmas ad"

EasyChango View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyChango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 6:55pm
^
Not an early Christmas ad --- that's why they coined the phrase:  "Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining!"

I get that feeling every time I listen to a White House Press Secretary Wink

Sears ruined KMart.  I used to get great deals there.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 7:52pm
I still remember when Sears had a video game section. Two stores I remember vividly. One in the Sears of the Naugatuck Valley Mall in Waterbury and one in the first floor of the Sears in West Hartford. After those sections were taken away I lost all interest in Sears.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by EasyChango EasyChango wrote:

^
Not an early Christmas ad --- that's why they coined the phrase:  "Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining!"

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by EasyChango EasyChango wrote:

Yeah.  He makes me actually long for the days of Jay Carney.  LOL

EasyChango View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyChango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 10:26pm
or maybe... Dana Perino!  Big smile

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 10:36pm

Naaah, I like her on The Five.  This way, we get an hour of her per day.  Thumbs Up

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 11:15pm
What I DON'T want to see is JCPenney shoving that Christmas Choir down our freakin' throats again. Already heard enough from last year. 
I just wonder if there will be someone starting Black Friday sales at 9AM on Thanksgiving this year. Wouldn't be surprised. Then next year it will be 11:59PM on Wednesday...
I can remember 10-15 years ago when black Friday sales didn't begin until 5 or 6 in the morning on Friday. They should go back to those good ol' days - keep the turkey tradition the night before.

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

What I DON'T want to see is JCPenney shoving that Christmas Choir down our freakin' throats again. Already heard enough from last year. 
I just wonder if there will be someone starting Black Friday sales at 9AM on Thanksgiving this year. Wouldn't be surprised. Then next year it will be 11:59PM on Wednesday...
I can remember 10-15 years ago when black Friday sales didn't begin until 5 or 6 in the morning on Friday. They should go back to those good ol' days - keep the turkey tradition the night before.

-crainbebo

They??  How about we?  It's all within our power...and all it requires is that we stay home.  No effort at all.  In fact, it's anti-effort.

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 2:36am
I REFUSE to shop at any store that decides to open on Thanksgiving Day or before 4:00 AM on Friday! Angry
Poiuyt Power!!!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 6:19am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

-crainbebo

I wouldn't be surprised if they had an awful choir but have them doing it in hip hop Christmas or worse yet doing the already horrible holiday tunes with Goo,goo ga ga lyrics like on that Surface Pro commercial. 
And I'm letting the cat out of the bag but many of the big box stores are starting their Black Friday crap at 2100 hours Christmas night for next year's horror holiday! 
I approve this message.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 11:33pm
I recall 2 years ago, no power from 'Superstorm Sandy' Although that was miserable..10 long days, so glad to get it back Nov 8. First night of TV it was was like I was suddenly bombarded with Christmas ads - felt MUCH earlier than I recalled. Give up and just worked on my computer the rest of the night.

Last year was worse, the KMart ad with the Gingerbread Man peeking behind the walls, someones cubicle. That aired Labor Day weekend. Beyond disgusting! 

Already seen Big Lots and a Walmart ad today mixed in between 2 PA Governor political ads. (Can't wait until Election night when these ads that started back in August are over!)

Absolute TV hell right now.

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 2:24am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

(Can't wait until Election night when these ads that started back in August are over!)

Absolute TV hell right now.

Not me, I'm in TV Heaven, commercial-free programs only! LOL
Poiuyt Power!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic