Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Progressive-Hand Puppet (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Progressive-Hand Puppet (video)
    Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 3:17pm
The brightest minds in marketing have to keep busy, not seeing Flo is a nice surprise, that doesn't stop the hate though.

Sponsored Links

d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

The brightest minds in marketing have to keep busy, not seeing Flo is a nice surprise, that doesn't stop the hate though.

Saw that commercial just now. Had to take a shower to wash the stupid off of me.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 5:12pm
I just recognize this woman from somewhere. I just can't pinpoint it! Gahhhh!!!!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 5:30pm
^^ It looks like it could be Suzi Barrett aka that Metamucil & Esurance girl:

Not sure though - you don't get a very long close up look of her face in this ridiculous ass commercial. Ron's right - the absence of Flo doesn't exactly help matters all that much.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

^^ It looks like it could be Suzi Barrett aka that Metamucil & Esurance girl:

Not sure though - you don't get a very long close up look of her face in this ridiculous ass commercial. Ron's right - the absence of Flo doesn't exactly help matters all that much.

I was just thinking that. But that one pic....that can't be her, can it? Lord, did she blow up if it is.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 7:04pm
^^ The Metamucil one?  Looks like it's a picture taken of the commercial on a TV screen, so it's just the camera angle to the TV screen when it was taken and it makes it look like she's a little wider than normal.

Here's the commercial itself:

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Saw that commercial just now. Had to take a shower to wash the stupid off of me.
LOLLOL

And Flo, as a fist face, has dreadlocks, what's up with that?  Confused
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 8:44am
I actual kind of like this. This and the hairdressers have almost made me like Flo again.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 2:11pm
Let's be nice to Suzi - she's cool and the last white girl I remember being attracted to.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/a1738b0a3f/i-hate-california-lake-tahoe

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 4:56pm
I like how she reflexively points to her wedding ring, like she and Flo-hand are a lesbian couple or something.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 9:53pm
We don't see Flo but instead see a creepy-looking Flo on someone's hand. Progressive, it's gone on long enough. Get rid of her now.

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 4:38pm
So thats what it looks like? Angry I HEARD the stupid ad last night from the kitchen (Nailed it!), heard the word Progressive" mentioned and wondered what mess of an ad did they create now. Progressive wants to make "nailed it" a hip term, maybe kids will imitate it, etc. - Sadly that might work.

But basically the woman using the computer has some kind of mental problem, split personality disorder. The husband should get her some help or divorce the whack job.

Another new commercial when I ask "How is this (bleepin') funny?!"

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

We don't see Flo but instead see a creepy-looking Flo on someone's hand. Progressive, it's gone on long enough. Get rid of her now.

-crainbebo

I want her to stay, for no other reason than they have that dickwad box in the wings to take her place. Do you really want more of THAT series of commercials?
forum16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forum16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 2:45am
Drunk history. She did the ending "nahh savenyeahhhh"
forum16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forum16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2014 at 2:47am
Drunk history, she ended the scene with nahhhh savenyeah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic