Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Geico Horror film.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eaterofsoulsxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Geico Horror film.
    Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 11:20pm

First commercial post here.

Seriously, nothing else annoys me more then seeing this damn commercial over and over again, we get it, Geico you want us to sign on with you but that's never happening. I will never sign on with you!

The pathetic sounds from these teens is just aggravating. Should they even be considered teens.

UGH. I just can't anymore. Just know that I hate this commercial and am SICK of seeing it. -.-
“We don't get to chose what is true. We only get to choose what we do about it.”
Sponsored Links

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 3:35am
I'm just tired of people pronouncing the word "horror" like "whore."  Ermm
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 4:06am
I like this one.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 7:14am
Go figure I'm one of the few who like this commercial. It is so spot on. The young buff 20 somethings acting clueless. And of course the obligatory girl in the mini skirt. For once an actual clever commercial and from Geico nonetheless.
I approve this message.
LooseCaboose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LooseCaboose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 1:46pm
I never really cared for this for some reason. I mean, it doesn't look bad, but it probably comes from my hatred towards insurance commercials.
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 2:46am
I was actually going to post this one a few days ago. I actually liked this one, even if it's for GEICO. The guy on the left kind of reminds me of Justin Long. Made me think of Jeepers Creepers.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Granite View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Granite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

I like this one.

Me too! It cracks me up every time:

Girl: "Why can't we just get in the running car?"

Guy: "Are you crazy?! Let's hide behind the chainsaws!"

Tongue
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 11:59pm
I'm no fan of horror movies....at least not the ones featuring teen being slashed etc. So I don't really understand the point behind this ad, other than the kids shown are absolutely stupid.
Geico ads suck, so add this one to the scrap heap of annoying ads from that company.
Will I ever purchase their insurance?
No bloody way!!
One man gathers what another man spills
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2014 at 12:00am
Originally posted by Granite Granite wrote:

Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

I like this one.

Me too! It cracks me up every time:

Girl: "Why can't we just get in the running car?"

Guy: "Are you crazy?! Let's hide behind the chainsaws!"

Tongue
LOL"Let's hide behind the chainsaws!"
The only way you can't love this commercial is if you thought it was serious and became disappointed when you found out it wasn't for a real movie.

Yup! One of the bettter commercials running, right now.
For some reason, the guy, with his look and the way he responds, reminds me of Nicholas Cage in another very bad movie....but the girl and her whimpering "Why can't we just get in the running car?" ?! Too, too funny! She has a future. 

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2014 at 2:56am
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

I'm just tired of people pronouncing the word "horror" like "whore." 

Ermm

Thank you for adding that annoying pronunciation error to this annoying ad. I know the folks where I come from have some strange pronunciations as well, but it's our language! I also hate when I hear the word w-a-t-e-r pronounced wooder....or c-r-e-e-k pronounced crick.
One man gathers what another man spills
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2014 at 3:04am

I hate the "whore' pronunciation, too.  Just as bad, though, is when New Yorkers pronunce it "hah-ruh".

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2014 at 5:11am
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

I'm no fan of horror movies....at least not the ones featuring teen being slashed etc. So I don't really understand the point behind this ad, other than the kids shown are absolutely stupid.

It's obvious that you haven't watched many horror movies.  The teen victims in them are almost always stupid....  LOL
madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 4:22am

Ermm

Thank you for adding that annoying pronunciation error to this annoying ad. I know the folks where I come from have some strange pronunciations as well, but it's our language! I also hate when I hear the word w-a-t-e-r pronounced wooder....or c-r-e-e-k pronounced crick.

Everyone knows the proper way to pronounce w-a-t-e-r is "warter." Or Coors.
LooseCaboose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LooseCaboose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2014 at 6:03am
I grew up pronouncing "horror" in the way you guys described. Pronouncing it the other way is just sounds weird to me, personally. :p
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2014 at 7:09am
Originally posted by madwoman madwoman wrote:

Ermm

Everyone knows the proper way to pronounce w-a-t-e-r is "warter." Or Coors.

LOL: You'd hate it here in my hometown of Baltimore. We have that weird accent that's equal opportunity. Our accent is so awful that whether you are rich or poor you sound ignorant or as we say here in "Bawlimer Hon: Iggerant." Gotta git me some wooder from the zink. (LOL)
I approve this message.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2014 at 3:54pm

Actually that's exactly the point Wink  In your general horror/slasher, there are always boneheaded choices made by the characters which lead to their inevitable deaths. 

In your prototypical slasher flick, make sure to do the following in order to avoid surviving:

1) Always split up - it's safer to be alone than in the group
2) If you hear a noise, be sure to investigate it. And if it's dark, don't bother bringing a light source.
3) If there's a knock on the door or a phone ringing, answer it.  It may just be a singing telegram, but it could be the killer and you need to make sure he/she knows you're home.
4) If the killer's in the house, run UPSTAIRS where you can't escape nearly as easily as on the ground floor.
5) If you think you've killed the killer? Instead of doing the logical thing and getting as far away as possible, stick around.  Check his vitals, make sure he's dead because he likely isn't i.e. the fun's not over yet.
6) If you're a female, show your tits.  If you're a male, hit on every female possible. Promiscuous qualities tend to move you to the front of the killer's line
7) You find yourself a dead body, either fresh or decaying? Scream as loud as humanly possible so the killer knows where you are.
8) If you happen to run into Jamie Lee Curtis, you're in luck.  She's almost always gonna be the sole survivor, so you're most likely dead even if you ignore the first 7 guidelines.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2014 at 4:12pm
When I was in high school, it seemed like we went to a horror film every weekend - "Friday the 13th", "Halloween" "The Amityville Horror" and this commercial cracks me up because that's exactly what was going on. Brings a nostalgic smile to me.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2014 at 4:15pm
^^ Prom Night (the original with Jamie Lee & Leslie Nielsen) was on one of the Encore channels last night. 
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2014 at 4:26pm
This month is loaded with horror films. IFC had the original Exorcist on last night. I can't wait to see the original Carrie again. The mother's scene "with the smell of whiskey on his breath... and then he took me.. and I liked it I LIKED it" is an old high school joke.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2014 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

When I was in high school, it seemed like we went to a horror film every weekend - "Friday the 13th", "Halloween" "The Amityville Horror" and this commercial cracks me up because that's exactly what was going on. Brings a nostalgic smile to me.

The Plainfield-Edison Drive-In was where I saw a lot of horror movies as a teen.  I remember one night, trippin' on LSD, and going there to see Night of the Living Dead, Last House on the Left and Don't Look in the Basement.  There were also two undergroundish cartoons---Heavy Traffic and Nine Lives of Fritz the Cat.  This establishment clearly knew its clientele.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2014 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

This month is loaded with horror films. IFC had the original Exorcist on last night. I can't wait to see the original Carrie again. The mother's scene "with the smell of whiskey on his breath... and then he took me.. and I liked it I LIKED it" is an old high school joke.

I noticed it was on there, preceded by the original Nightmare on Elm Street.   I'm glad networks are airing originals and not the crap remakes/reimaginings from the last decade plus.

Someone needs to air Terror Train, dammit LOL I haven't seen that one since I was a kid, but all I remember is the masks scared the crap out of me.  I remember an old man type mask and a Groucho Marx looking mask.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2014 at 6:32pm
The Exorcist was a fond memory on a lot of levels.
An R rated movie in Jr. high, a small town cozy theater, sitting next to a girl for 2 hours, good thing I didn't know what to do.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 7:12pm
I have to say here, "hiding behind the chainsaws" is really bothering me.

For anyone who has either operated or sharpened a chainsaw, the stupid Geico horror kids are not aware that just bumping into one of the teeth on a saw is enough to leave a serious cut.
Mr. sleeveless guy is practically making love to one of them.
BowlingGeek View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BowlingGeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 12:39am
I love horror films and liked this commercial at first, but of coarse every commercial I like quickly changes due to over playing. 

Oh, yes glad I'm not the only one that thinks that kid looks like Justin Long
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Actually that's exactly the point Wink  In your general horror/slasher, there are always boneheaded choices made by the characters which lead to their inevitable deaths. 

In your prototypical slasher flick, make sure to do the following in order to avoid surviving:

1) Always split up - it's safer to be alone than in the group
2) If you hear a noise, be sure to investigate it. And if it's dark, don't bother bringing a light source.
3) If there's a knock on the door or a phone ringing, answer it.  It may just be a singing telegram, but it could be the killer and you need to make sure he/she knows you're home.
4) If the killer's in the house, run UPSTAIRS where you can't escape nearly as easily as on the ground floor.
5) If you think you've killed the killer? Instead of doing the logical thing and getting as far away as possible, stick around.  Check his vitals, make sure he's dead because he likely isn't i.e. the fun's not over yet.
6) If you're a female, show your tits.  If you're a male, hit on every female possible. Promiscuous qualities tend to move you to the front of the killer's line
7) You find yourself a dead body, either fresh or decaying? Scream as loud as humanly possible so the killer knows where you are.
8) If you happen to run into Jamie Lee Curtis, you're in luck.  She's almost always gonna be the sole survivor, so you're most likely dead even if you ignore the first 7 guidelines.

And, (from Scream) "Never say 'I'll be right back'"
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic