Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Raisin Bran 'Dave & Daughter...' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Raisin Bran 'Dave & Daughter...' (video)
    Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 3:05am
WinkBig smileHeart"..GOOD MORNING, 'double bogey'!"
Confused"...ehhh??whaddya say? Did ya call me an old fogey, ya thankless lil'whppersnapper?! "
<boogie.music>
~~~
Yea. the above is what I heard the first time *I* caught the lil'trash-talkin' disrespectful monster.
Actually it's the all-too-chipper daughter with the voice that shouldn't be heard until after one has been awake for an hour, or had at least two cups of coffee. It's all too sweet & squishy, doncha know...
The almost too healthy father-daughter relationship...the church-approved 'trash talking'...boogie music nobody wants to hear...it all makes my skin crawl.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 5:50am
Why aren't they eating breakfast together?  Confused  Usually it's the wife who good-naturedly puts down the hubby; now the daughter does it to dear old Dad?  What a little snip.  Who the hell she think she talking to? Tongue
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 2:58pm

I have no problem with the way she's talking to him.  I just hope he doesn't let his little girl win just so that she feels "empowered".

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 3:04pm
The only thing I find disgusting about it is the idea of playing golf.

Yuck.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 5:20pm
"Father- daughter" commercials make my skin crawl. Especially where they're having a tea party, and he's sitting on a tiny chair, or that sickening one for some chips, where the guy's friends are looking for him, and he's in his daughter's room and has been given a make- over Dead
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Yuck.

Golf is not for everyone, it's expensive but many older people find it as a good way to keep active, flexible and competitive with friends.
The work environment can be downright pleasant and you would be amazed at the carpet like playing surfaces a good golf course has to offer.
It's truly gratifying when a mower can cut lower than an eighth of an inch, 7/64 and the supt. can actually keep the plants alive under that kind of traffic and stress.

In the commercial, I'd say dad should let the mouthy little daughter carry his clubs.
Her booty is bound to be twerking if he doen't work her a little harder.

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 8:38pm
I remember the first few times I saw this commercial, I couldn't help but wondering if it was actually his daughter or some mail-order way-too-young Eastern European bride.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

I remember the first few times I saw this commercial, I couldn't help but wondering if it was actually his daughter or some mail-order way-too-young Eastern European bride.
Other than not having an Eastern European accent, I found myself wondering if she wasn't really a much younger wife.  That's what made me think of all the wife-putting-down-husband commercials.  The little beyotch thinks she better than Dad at playing golf so she rubs it in his face?  I call disrespect on that.

EDIT:  Other than the title on the video, how do we really know they're supposed to be father and daughter?  Is there a series of this garbage that I've [thankfully] missed?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

EDIT:  Other than the title on the video, how do we really know they're supposed to be father and daughter?

Yeah, I was kinda wondering the same thing.

How do we know he isn't some old perv who's sleeping with one of his daughter's girlfriends while she's away? Or maybe he's her boss & she's doing him for a promotion.

I think I actually prefer one of those scenarios to the father & daughter one.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 12:02am
^^^Evil Smile"...come here, leetle gurrlllll...."
Just WHO would think such a thing, you bunch o'sick pervs!LOL 
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
ridley View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 1:20pm
it's ok
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Yuck.

Golf is not for everyone, it's expensive but many older people find it as a good way to keep active, flexible and competitive with friends.
The work environment can be downright pleasant and you would be amazed at the carpet like playing surfaces a good golf course has to offer.
It's truly gratifying when a mower can cut lower than an eighth of an inch, 7/64 and the supt. can actually keep the plants alive under that kind of traffic and stress.

In the commercial, I'd say dad should let the mouthy little daughter carry his clubs.
Her booty is bound to be twerking if he doesn't work her a little harder

Feeling guilty yet? EmbarrassedWinkLOL
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 1:34am
ConfusedI sure hope 'Dave' didn't pick up the nickname "Double Bogey" from his daughter after a few bowls of Raisin Bran sprinkled with Viagara...incest just ain't best, I tell ya (and, oh hell NO, that's not 'speaking from experience', dammitnow!)
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 1:37am
^LOL  If you can't keep it in your pants, at least keep it in the framily..

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 2:03am
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

^LOL  If you can't keep it in your pants, at least keep it in the framily..
LOLBunofasitch! You're RIGHT! You could end up with your very own 'GOR-don'!LOL
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 2:21am
^LOLClap

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 6:49am
You really shouldn't work on your "game" with your own daughter.

How does daddy know what "winning" tastes like? Well lets just say his pet name is "Double Bogey" and hers is "Winning."

Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2014 at 3:11am
Do they even sell milk in glass bottles anymore?
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2014 at 3:15am

Yuck.

I've felt the same way ever since they made me awkwardly wrap my fingers around a golf club in High School.

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2014 at 3:17am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

WinkBig smileHeart"..GOOD MORNING, 'double bogey'!"
Confused"...ehhh??whaddya say? Did ya call me an old fogey, ya thankless lil'whppersnapper?! "
<boogie.music>
~~~
Yea. the above is what I heard the first time *I* caught the lil'trash-talkin' disrespectful monster.
Actually it's the all-too-chipper daughter with the voice that shouldn't be heard until after one has been awake for an hour, or had at least two cups of coffee. It's all too sweet & squishy, doncha know...
The almost too healthy father-daughter relationship...the church-approved 'trash talking'...boogie music nobody wants to hear...it all makes my skin crawl.

What I feel good about the commercial is that the Dad doesn't take his daughter's words to heart in the least.

That's a real man response.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2014 at 3:57am
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Do they even sell milk in glass bottles anymore?

The only ones I've seen since the 1960s were in Mexico.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
joe33067 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joe33067 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2014 at 4:19pm
I think she's got a cute personality. At least she's not yelling at him, and telling him to STFU.
namron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote namron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 7:27pm
church approved or not your all idiots. ever play sports? thats a beautiful relationship.
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by namron namron wrote:

church approved or not your all idiots. ever play sports? thats a beautiful relationship.

Some idiot failed English.
joe33067 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joe33067 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 9:04pm
Did anyone pick up on the flirtatious tone between daddy and daughter ? I was getting a different vibe from them.... but I still think the daughter is cute - haven't changed my opinion on that front.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic