Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ray Rice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ray Rice
    Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 3:14am
I'm not even a football fan, or any sport for that matter, but I believe that the media is going way overboard in the responsibility that they are putting on the NFL in the Ray Rice matter.

This should be a Police investigation only. Law enforcement should be looking into this.
A man is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Yes, I've seen the video, but again, Court of Law!
The NFL is NOT a court of law.
They should leave the commissioner alone. It's NOT his responsibility to mete out justice in this case.

We need to end TV justice. Let the courts do their job.

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 3:28am

I agree.  The blame should be put on the abusers.  In what world is the employer responsible for an employee's private life?  Unless it interferes with the job, it's not really their business.

Maybe it's that whole "It takes a village to raise a child" thing.  I've always said that if parents don't discipline their child, everyone else will do it for them...and it may not be nice.

Besides, I just don't care about the dramas of some football idiot and his poor little victimized wife.  It's the f*ckin' NFL; what does anyone expect?  Just because a retard is getting paid millions, it still doesn't mean he's anything other than a retard.

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 3:32am
It's kind of funny, sad, but funny that his wife wants to minimize the whole thing because she knows that this is going to blow her whole meal ticket if it keeps going in the direction it's going.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 3:51am

Maybe this is the sort of relationship she likes or is willing to accept.  And that may be sick, but is it the NFL's responsibility to handle the dynamics and mental health of its employees' families?  Isn't that what their health coverage is for?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 4:06am
This is all about PR.

The NFL is worried about it & the victim advocate types are using it like a scalpel to castrate every "male chauvinist" involved in the scandal at any level, including the top dog who, it seems, didn't take swift enough retribution against Rice to suit them.

When they're done, the emasculated corpses of several big, tough, macho male heroes will lie strewn across the ground as examples & a reminder to men everywhere, of who has the real power in society & what could easily befall any one of us lest we ever so much as consider doing something similar.

Let this be a warning, guys.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 4:09am
Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

It's kind of funny, sad, but funny that his wife wants to minimize the whole thing because she knows that this is going to blow her whole meal ticket if it keeps going in the direction it's going.

He's already made $25 million.

If he's careful with how he spends it from here on out, they ought to scrape by.

And of course, she could always hire a ghost writer & produce a book.

That could make them a few more million.

Maybe get a TV show.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 4:12am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

This is all about PR.

The NFL is worried about it & the victim advocate types are using it like a scalpel to castrate every "male chauvinist" involved in the scandal at any level, including the top dog who, it seems, didn't take swift enough retribution against Rice to suit them.

When they're done, the emasculated corpses of several big, tough, macho male heroes will lie strewn across the ground as examples & a reminder to men everywhere, of who has the real power in society & what could easily befall any one of us lest we ever so much as consider doing something similar.

I agree.  It's PR for the feminists and DV advocates.  In the meantime, the poor innocent victim marries a guy who coldcocked her in a public place and drags her around like a sack of potatoes.  In the meantime, the media focuses on this on a daily basis as if it has anything to do with any of us or the rest of the country or the world, so they don't have time to report what really needs to be told.  It just fits the media agenda like a glove.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 4:18am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

I agree.  It's PR for the feminists and DV advocates.  In the meantime, the poor innocent victim marries a guy who coldcocked her in a public place and drags her around like a sack of potatoes.  In the meantime, the media focuses on this on a daily basis as if it has anything to do with any of us or the rest of the country or the world, so they don't have time to report what really needs to be told.  It just fits the media agenda like a glove.

And when the public becomes bored with it, they'll drop it & move on to some new flavor of the day, cause célèbre.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 4:34am

This is all about PR.

That almost makes me wanna support wife-beatings.  

All kidding aside, when I hear how the feminists are so out to roast Goodell's weenie over this, it makes me wanna take the opposite extremist POV.  Smack yo bitch up, Ray!

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2014 at 2:48am
It amazes me how people in this country are so ignorant of the rule of law.
Employers don't mete out justice in a criminal case.
Why, besides me, doesn't anyone call the media out on it?
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2014 at 3:09am
^  Because in some people's minds, the NFL (or any other sports team or organization) is not an employer.  It's some God-righteous institution which they think runs the whole show.  And in some people's minds, sports is the whole show.

More media attention has been paid to this story than what's going on in this country and world that really matters to us.  Who cares if a man commits domestic violence on his fiancee, she then marries him, and they live happily ever after?  Probably happens all the time.  Only this time it's a celebrity.  Dead

If it bleeds it leads, if it's sex it sells.  Sports players have become so high and mighty in the celebrity arena.

(musicman, I know you already know this, I'm just venting.)  Smile
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2014 at 3:27am
I think part of it is also that these teams play in stadiums that are largely financed & built with the public's tax dollars, so people sort of feel like they have a say in how the teams are run.

Plus, kids follow these teams & people still expect the players to be role models.

C'mon, man!
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2014 at 4:20am

Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

He's already made $25 million.

If he's careful with how he spends it from here on out, they ought to scrape by.

And of course, she could always hire a ghost writer & produce a book.

That could make them a few more million.

Maybe get a TV show.

Oh god, you're probably right.. Just what we need. Another reality show. They can call it, "Boom, Pow, How you like me now?". What will he do now? Punch, kick drag her around? Maybe she'll cut off his junk while he sleeps... Stay tuned for another exciting episode..
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic