Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Annabelle' promo (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Annabelle' promo (video)
    Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 8:42pm
ConfusedMethinks some lil'gurl who grew up twisted wrote and produced this forthcoming bunch of schlock as a result of her 'parents' letting her watch 'Bride of Chucky', which is what she wanted to become, but never got to be.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 8:50pm
We like that kind of excitement, not likely we would do anything other than wait 3 months till it's on the HBO.
Not to mention, the title is/was my mothers name. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 9:49pm

I've been seeing this trailer.  There's nothing in it that's the least bit scary.  Just a few old cliches.  Usually, a teaser like this teases us, maybe throws something in besides a few stupid (and cheap) images.  The purpose is to make us want to see it.  Not this one.  It's so not scary that it almost looks like a parody or something some college kids threw together.

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 9:57pm
Just in time for Halloween!  Evil Smile  My favorite holiday, and I love scary movies.  I won't go to a theatre near me to see this though; if I ever run across it online for freebie or DVD I might take a look, if only for the laughs at the cliches and such.

There is a paranormal story that's supposed to be true about a haunted (or possessed) doll that moves on his own.  I think they just named this doll Annabelle for Annabelle Lee of Edgar Allan Poe fame.

EDIT:  Research shows this is based on a true story of a little girl named Annabelle Higgins, whose spirit inhabited said doll.  Fun fact:  Actress in movie is named Annabelle Willis.  We'll never look at our Raggedy Ann dolls the same way again!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 9:59pm
UPDATE:  Alfre Woodard is in the movie too, so maybe it would be worth watching!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I've been seeing this trailer.  There's nothing in it that's the least bit scary.  Just a few old cliches.  Usually, a teaser like this teases us, maybe throws something in besides a few stupid (and cheap) images.  The purpose is to make us want to see it.  Not this one.  It's so not scary that it almost looks like a parody or something some college kids threw together.

There are 'theater trailers' on YouTube that might provide a different perspective - there is a storyline to it, so it seems.
And, per DRS's astute cast observation (thanks - didn't notice that!), this might actually turn into one of those stomach-grabbers.
My whole issue with this film is really two-fold:
1.) Every time I see a preview, I immediately think of 'Chucky'.
2.) We used to LOVE a horror flick, but time is what it is and we're not so much for the 'instant adrenaline rush' they offer, these days (DisapproveI know, I sound like an old fogey). Also, when, I think it was 'Jaws II', came out, we went to the opening. 
We used to hold hands (Embarrassedhow sweet!), and that is what we were doing in the theater, that evening.
There was a scene that made me jump; I clenched the Missus hand so hard one could hear her fingernails crunch (keep in mind, my beloved was a very, very dangerous cop, back then). That simply lead to an instinctive, involuntary reaction, on her part. The next I remember seeing were stars, while hearing the Loony Toon's ending music; it did create an 'incident' in the theater (she had to calm the people around and the theater reps; I missed about 15 minutes if the movie)....from then on, we took great care NOT to hold hands while watching these kinds of movies... 

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 11:09pm

I've seen enough horror movies that at this point, I need to be beyond scared.  At this point, I need to be downright mortified.  Rob Zombie's House of 1,000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects set my new standard for that.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I've seen enough horror movies that at this point, I need to be beyond scared.  At this point, I need to be downright mortified.  Rob Zombie's House of 1,000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects set my new standard for that.

LOLNo, no, no, my friend!
YOU need a 'touch of class', a little subtitled 'avant-garde culture', maybe something that will make you appreciate the 'finer arts', doncha know. Maybe a little something like this...a great movie that will yank you every which way...a gut-jerker that is actually funny.
LooseCaboose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LooseCaboose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 11:32pm
I can't say what this movie will be like, but I've always hated horror movie promos. They always seem to spoil parts that are supposed scare the viewer. It also doesn't help that the horror movie promos, including this one, get played repeatedly until the movie comes out.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 11:33pm

Oh, yeah---the Italian stuff!  LOL

I have a DVD of Lucio Fulci's Demonia.

I've seen stuff on Youtube by Pier Pasolini.  Not quite horror, but sick as f*ck.

madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 12:09am
I hate movies.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 12:14am
Originally posted by madwoman madwoman wrote:

I hate movies.
LOLYou had to do that, didn't you?! You just made my evening!
If I may ask without any intention of offending, would that be due to the fact you don't like wasting time in that manner, or because you have a short attention span?Wink
madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 5:31am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I hate movies.

If I may ask without any intention of offending, would that be due to the fact you don't like wasting time in that manner, or because you have a short attention span?Wink

I don't think Hollyweird has had an original concept since Blues Brothers. I really prefer to read, or f off onthe computer.

Why, do you hate movies too? Are you my twin from a different ma and pa?
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 5:45am
He's his own ma and pa.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 5:49am
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

He's his own ma and pa.

Had no idea he was from West Virginia... or Arkansas.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 7:41am

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I hate movies.

I don't think Hollyweird has had an original concept since Blues Brothers. I really prefer to read, or f off onthe computer.

Why, do you hate movies too? Are you my twin from a different ma and pa?
ShockedConfusedI'm beginning to wonder - especially after your response to PappaL's 'baiting' - which is word-for-word what I would have responded (but not about myself), and that is scary.
cytonic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cytonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 4:33am
I kinda hate how they made the doll scary just because, still want to see it so time to avoid the trailers.
Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 4:58am
Creepy, To say the least.......
thedude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 5:04am
That was silly.
SJames View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 3:03am
Originally posted by cytonic cytonic wrote:

I kinda hate how they made the doll scary just because, still want to see it so time to avoid the trailers.

They should have kept it the original Raggedy Ann doll- I can't see how any kid would be snuggling with that thing on the right. Shocked

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 3:17am
Cytonic is correct.
Unfortunately, I went ahead and watched a few trailers (even though I don't expect to see the movie) and now I feel like I've seen most of the movie...that's all it took to understand the doll's appearance and come to a pretty good conclusion in regard to its psychotic possession.
BowlingGeek View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BowlingGeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 10:32pm
I love horror films and its hard to scare me/ creep me out and the Conjuring did both. It was the first movie in YEARS that kept me awake at night, I'm actually kinda looking forward to this! 
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 10:49pm
^^  I've contemplated catching The Conjuring after seeing its previews and whatnot.  I see it's directed by Wan who also did Insidious, and Patrick Wilson from Insidious is in it as well.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2014 at 12:31am
^^^You MAY be able to get it 'The Conjuring' from your public library, given it has been out awhile. I do hat ALL THE TIME with movies I want to see. Check their catalog; if they do not have it at your closest, they will send it over from wherever they have it, either for FREE, or maybe a dollar, at worst. Just saw 'Noah' for free, that way.
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2014 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by SJames SJames wrote:

Originally posted by cytonic cytonic wrote:

They should have kept it the original Raggedy Ann doll- I can't see how any kid would be snuggling with that thing on the right. Shocked

Ugh, thank you!!! I grew up near the Warrens in CT. I was pissed that they used the doll on the right in The Conjuring, and now in it's own film. Stupid Hollywood. Practically everyone had a Raggedy Ann doll, that's what makes it scary. No child or adult would bring that creepy doll in their home!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic