Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Too many commercials

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Too many commercials
    Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 3:34pm

Yes- too many ads everywhere.

This is aimed at conservative talk radio, but might apply elsewhere:

http://musicradio77.com/wwwboard/messages/416784.html

As an example, WABC-am, NYC, has ads every few minutes.  Yet, still pleas for yet more advertisers.

Sponsored Links

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 3:56pm
^ I was TRING to watch "For Your Eyes Only" last night on BBC. I am not kidding... there had to have been AT EAST 10 commercials in one break. I got so pissed off I changed the channel.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 4:40pm
We could start a whole website on radio commercials we hate!  It's hard to post them though, since they're not on YT or iSpot, just audio but not on the Internet (that I know of).

There are so many talk radio commercials I hate!  Annoying voices, annoying loud talking, annoying sound effects, annoying to hear the same things over and over again!  They have so many commercial breaks I can get my daily exercise jumping up and down to turn off the radio!

Ugh!  Dead
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

We could start a whole website on radio commercials we hate!  It's hard to post them though, since they're not on YT or iSpot, just audio but not on the Internet (that I know of).

There are so many talk radio commercials I hate!  Annoying voices, annoying loud talking, annoying sound effects, annoying to hear the same things over and over again!  They have so many commercial breaks I can get my daily exercise jumping up and down to turn off the radio!

Ugh!  Dead

Radio ads need to do away with the sound effects. There used to be a commercial for a car dealership (I think - can't even remember) but it had a screeching siren in it.When you're driving and you hear that, it's just not cool. A few times I wanted to actually pull over thinking it was a cop or ambulance.

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Ugh!  Dead

Radio ads need to do away with the sound effects. There used to be a commercial for a car dealership (I think - can't even remember) but it had a screeching siren in it.When you're driving and you hear that, it's just not cool. A few times I wanted to actually pull over thinking it was a cop or ambulance.

Those kinds of sound effects should be illegal in radio commercials for that very reason.

Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 5:51pm
I seldom listen to Radio (And TV) anymore. I've seen radio Ads last for more than 15 minutes IN ONE BREAK! Angry As for TV I'm certain 99.999% of you know how I watch TV so I decline to say it anymore. Nonetheless, I have better things to do than listen (and/or watch) 20= minutes od commercials per hour. 
Poiuyt Power!!!
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 7:23pm
Simple solution.. Just stop listening to the radio. Just plug whatever device you are using into the radio. Listen to your own stuff.. They do make cables for almost everything nowadays.. Get podcasts. I dunno.. And yes, I'm drunk.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

Simple solution.. Just stop listening to the radio. Just plug whatever device you are using into the radio. Listen to your own stuff.. They do make cables for almost everything nowadays.. Get podcasts. I dunno.. And yes, I'm drunk.

You're drunk and you're not sharing?

I actually like the radio station I listen to (in new York WAXQ) simply to find out what concerts are coming up. And I love the morning DJ Jim Kerr!

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 9:30pm
Edit: Doh! The beer emote doesn't work.. So here..

Just kidding! Open bar for all!!!

[IMG]
[/IMG]
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 9:33pm
I'm a news junkie, so I have to get my hourly fix of what's going on, stay current, stay informed, mouth off with my own opinions, etc. until I head for an overdose, then I have to chill.  Then I can listen to my tunes.  Then I'll go into withdrawal symptoms and have to sneak a peak at the Internet news page "just to make sure the world hasn't blown up yet."  Live music radio in my parts sucks for the most part.  I have to listen to CDs in car or talk.  Love the talk, talk guys, especially KFI.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic