Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

History Channel 'Houdini' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: History Channel 'Houdini' (video)
    Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 9:45pm
ConfusedMind you, I'm NOT missing this - huge interest here, given my great uncle actually performed with Houdini when he was very young. Since 'The Jacket', I've been a bit of an Adrian Brody fan, too. HOWEVER - this damned song by Jake Bugg ('Simple Pleasures') really annoys me - the kid CAN'T and SHOULDN'T sing! The promos are coming on almost every five (5) minutes on ANY channel affiliated with The History Channel. I now have a headache over my left eye.

When I was very young, my then very old great uncle used to put on incredibly special birthday magic shows for all the kids in the family; I still recall many of them clear as day, always astounded by him. He taught me a few simple tricks (I wasn't capable of picking up more than that) I've used on our children and grandchild. I still get constantly asked to screw up these tricks by the granpup, and sometimes the kids, too - if they are in town, half-whacked and want a laugh...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 9:54pm
I like Jake Bugg. But I think some of his lesser songs get chosen stateside.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 10:02pm
^He really should not sing...or maybe you've got dyslexic hearing?
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 10:06pm

I like Bugg, too.

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

^He really should not sing...or maybe you've got dyslexic hearing?
I'd listen to him over Miley Sinus Justina Blabber, etc.

Great voice, nah, but it's good and there's a lot of heart in his music.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 10:09pm
I wouldn't brag about it there, T-Bop

(I'm chewing St. Joes heart-healthy kiddy aspirins, hoping they will get rid of the pain)
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 12:02am
His voice is nasally. He reminds me a bit of the dude from Placebo but I like Placebo. I've heard more painful singing.

Like passenger. OMG THE PAIN of that guy's voice. And all of those wussy male singers I cant' stand. But, man Houdini was cool. I will be needing a huge book about him.

Also, the Kate Bush song which would have been BETTER to play here was not historically accurate.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
BadAd View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadAd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 12:04am
Oh I won't miss this, either. Huge Brody fan here. But given his own musical tastes (and sometimes performances), we can be glad that the show won't be scored with hip hop.
thedude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 12:05am
Wait....
The History Channel isn't just a reality TV hellhole?
If not that, then the 'H' usually stands for the Hilter Channel. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic