Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Walmart-Back to School Dinner (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Walmart-Back to School Dinner (video)
    Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 7:05pm
Oh come on now mom. You are about to let the kid have Hot Pockets for dinner?
Maybe she worked a long day and daddy was not willing to help.
Still, I wouldn't feed these frozen rat droppings to a jihad prisoner from Isis. 

Sponsored Links

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Oh come on now mom. You are about to let the kid have Hot Pockets for dinner?
Maybe she worked a long day and daddy was not willing to help.
Still, I wouldn't feed these frozen rat droppings to a jihad prisoner from Isis. 

Know around here as "pus pockets".
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
thedude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 9:03pm
What the hell? In the same time it took to put those things one at a time in the microwave, she could have actually cooked a real meal for her family. Makes me wonder what else she was doing for that half hour... LOL
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 9:05pm
I think Walmart is acknowledging what kind of people they cater to. We've all seen those Walmart customer pictures, and you can guarantee that they eat hot pockets, and stouffer's....  
madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 9:36pm
Frankenfood. Just sayin.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 9:42pm
Who the hell wants to eat Hot Pockets for dinner?

Come on! Its not even a whole meal, ITS A SNACK!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 9:46pm

Originally posted by ALE515 ALE515 wrote:

I think Walmart is acknowledging what kind of people they cater to. We've all seen those Walmart customer pictures, and you can guarantee that they eat hot pockets, and stouffer's....  

Stouffer's makes some pretty good stuff.  In fact, I'd say their Macaroni and Cheese is as good as any homemade stuff I've had.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 9:51pm
I love their meat lazanga yum yum yum!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 10:29pm
I never tried Hot Pockets until I saw this.

Just the first 22 seconds:

And they aren't that breathtaking
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 10:43pm
Don't mess with Stouffer's...may not be cheap, but it's very good.
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 1:49am
No, Stouffer's is crap! I make no apologies! 
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 2:48am
Agreed Thor. And the meat lasagna too. I won't have any other. Gooey, cheesy macaroni and cheese is delicious.

But a family having Hot Pockets can only mean 1 of two things - #1, they don't care about making a REAL meal, or #2, almost every night the kids have soccer practice, piano lessons, after-school studying and a lot of driving around, making the parents VERY tired and not wanted to cook a meal. 
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 3:43am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by ALE515 ALE515 wrote:

Stouffer's makes some pretty good stuff.  In fact, I'd say their Macaroni and Cheese is as good as any homemade stuff I've had.

One of my favorites. The lasagna is just OK. Then again, I make my own with homemade pasta.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 6:04am

Yeah.  I make my own baked ziti.  Same thing, really.  Sometimes I use ground Ital sausage rather than ground beef.  And lotsa ricotta.

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 6:20am
The problem is the mother is asking everyone what they want for dinner, and they each have a different answer, and get what they want.  Letting your family think you're running a restaurant or catering service is one of the ways parents these days are raising self-entitled brats!

In my day, Mom or Dad planned the meal and we ate what we were served.
Chillinpat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chillinpat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 6:30am
Nope, not even a meal, not even HEALTHY at that.  Poor excuse for parents.  The only fresh and healthy thing she made was a salad, and that wasn't even one of the main features of the commercial.
On a bar of Dove soap: "Directions: Use like regular soap."
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

The problem is the mother is asking everyone what they want for dinner, and they each have a different answer, and get what they want.  Letting your family think you're running a restaurant or catering service is one of the ways parents these days are raising self-entitled brats!

In my day, Mom or Dad planned the meal and we ate what we were served.

Yup.  Mom made one meal, and everyone sat down at the table and ate it.  These days, the norm seems to be kids eating what they want as they play with their handheld devices in various parts of the house.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 2:36pm
A Hot Pocket might be an OK occasional meal for a little kid. Certainly no worse than a can of Schit Boy-Ar-Dee, which was around & being fed to kids (not me, thank God) back when I was young, or even those nasty old Swanson TV dinners in the aluminum foil pan. But let's hope she's not serving up that frozen microwave garbage every night.

And did you notice of course, that in order to genuflect to the modern PC sensibilities of our time, she made a bowl of friggin salad to go with it??

Because Heaven forbid a TV "mother" (especially a black TV mother) would be portrayed as being an irresponsible parent who is not concerned about her family's nutrition... as she's serving them the unhealthy crap they're advertising.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 2:53pm

When I was about 10, my mother finally caved in and let me buy a can of Chef-Boy-Ar-Dee (or maybe it was Franco-American).  I had to pay for it with my own money (it was 20 cents).

Mom heated it up, and I ate it for lunch.  I couldn't believe how awful it was.  Mom warned me...and she was right.  But it shut me up, so I guess it was worth letting me try that crap.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 3:27pm
Once or twice as a kid, I would get my mom to get me a can of the "Beef-a-roni" & I'd have it for lunch or after school, maybe. But it was rare.

I used to, as an adult in my 20's, occasionally buy a can of CBAD ravioli & a pack of cheap hamburger buns, then make cold ravioli sandwiches.

I usually ate these late at night, after coming home from drinking in a bar. Usually with BBQ potato chips on the side.

More recently, I've taken the new "overstuffed" CBAD ravioli & added ground beef & some jar pasta sauce to it. Garlic bread on the side & it's not bad, really.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

More recently, I've taken the new "overstuffed" CBAD ravioli & added ground beef & some jar pasta sauce to it. Garlic bread on the side & it's not bad, really.

Coincidentally, I just got a can of the overstuffed Sausage Ravioli at WalMart yesterday.  I think it was like 78 cents.  I ate the 5 or so mushy ravioli, and dumped the metallic-y sauce down the drain.  I guess it was worth the price tag, but tonight, I might have to cook up the actual real ravioli that's been in my freezer for months now.

purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 6:26pm
When I was a kid, the only time mom would ask me what I wanted for dinner was on my birthday - and my "order" sure as hell wasn't Chef Boy-Ar-Dee.  I was a little more lenient with my own daughter maybe because she was an only child. Even then it wasn't "what do you want for dinner" but more along the lines of letting her help to decide what to have and helping me make it.    

Oh, and hubby doesn't even take off his tie for this crap?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 6:51pm
Stouffers french bread pizza wasn't too bad either.
When you are busy working and still trying to eat at home it's hard to avoid some of these nasty frozen goodies.
purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 4:17am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Stouffers french bread pizza wasn't too bad either.
When you are busy working and still trying to eat at home it's hard to avoid some of these nasty frozen goodies.

Stouffers is good stuff.  I love their chicken pot pie.  Now THAT is what frozen food should taste like.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 4:40am
There's a grocery store near here with, like most of them, a hot food "deli". 

Fried chicken, potato wedges, etc., etc.

One of the things they also have is macaroni & cheese. Always figured it was something they made themselves, but then I found out it was just Stouffer's. Every day, they'd go to the frozen food case, grab a family sized box & slap it in the oven.

Great stuff!!!

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic