Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lysol--It's Just Soap in a Bottle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lysol--It's Just Soap in a Bottle
    Posted: 21 Aug 2014 at 4:09pm
However in this new spot it appears that Lysol can take you even beyond Cascade or Finish and eat food right off the table.

That's not really why I'm pointing this one out.
I've noticed a trend that "Dad" almost always has to be dressed like a stereotypical lesbian in modern commercials.
Flannel shirt over a tee.

Does everyone really dress like that? Call me a bit dubious.

Sponsored Links

thedude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 3:39am
I cringed at "healthing". Made up words = instant hate from me.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 5:28am
Originally posted by thedude thedude wrote:

I cringed at "healthing". Made up words = instant hate from me.

I agree!  BUT...

I just saw this ad on TV and wasn't able to mute in time, so heard the whole thing.  They cut the healthing voiceover off!  The little banner on the screen was still there, but...

maybe it's progress?

LOL
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 2:24pm
I too cringed when I heard the word, "healthing" -- BTW there is a TV spot (local-only) for The Crab Pot restaraunt where they openly advertise eating directly off the table with, "no plates or silverware here" in their TV advert...guess the little piss ants are too cheap to hire a dishwasher. Confused

This isn't the commercial, but this vid does indeed show the food being dumped directly onto the table. Dead

LiberryGirl View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiberryGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 11:38pm
I hate the smell of Lysol.
noan4 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 3:05am
"Hey mommy! What's that strange taste of chemical and acid?"

*shakes head*

Go ahead, bitch. Hit me with gravy. You're the one washing the table after.

Really, if this commercial has a sequel, I'm scared the follow up will have breakfast in the bathroom. "Hey, honey. Can I have my sausage and eggs on the toilet rim?"
Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 3:12am
Originally posted by noan4 noan4 wrote:

Really, if this commercial has a sequel, I'm scared the follow up will have breakfast in the bathroom. "Hey, honey. Can I have my sausage and eggs on the toilet rim?"

I'd like to see that as a crossover commercial. Let's see the Cascade Counselor offer to put that in the dishwasher.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 3:55am

Originally posted by LiberryGirl LiberryGirl wrote:

Same here.  Pine-Sol, too.

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 5:32am
Originally posted by Neil R Neil R wrote:

Originally posted by noan4 noan4 wrote:

I'd like to see that as a crossover commercial. Let's see the Cascade Counselor offer to put that in the dishwasher.

How about serving her family dinner on the toilet right after we see either Papa or Mama Charmin bear walking out of the bathroom with a folded-up newspaper after leaving a loaf?
Granite View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Granite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 5:52am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by LiberryGirl LiberryGirl wrote:

Same here.  Pine-Sol, too.

You can use hydrogen peroxide or different dilutions (w/ plain water) for all kinds of sanitizing and cleaning.  It's cheap, non-toxic, no odor.  You can do a search, or I'm sure I could find a good resource if you need one.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic