Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slang words you hate.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Maybe they're calling you a "Whigger", Pa.  Maybe they think you're a member of the political party popular in the 1800s.

Confused!!!By Jove - I believe YOU may have a point there, Bubba!!! The Missus believes as I do...having said that, how do you supose they would refer to her? Give me an idea and I'll try it out on her - see what happens...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 10:03pm

As a Nhigger?  Wink

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 10:08pm
Ermm.I'll get back to you on that, but sounds cool..gimme a minute and let me try it out on her...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

...Agreed! Also heard the sentence, "totes awky mo-mo. Whoever created this needs to be punched in the throat.

I had to look that one up on Google in order to find out what that phrase meant. :-/

Whomever created this needs the Tampon Submarine treatment (FKA. the Angry McPisseron treatment) -- you know, the one that involves a plastic gallon jug of concentrated rat piss, 10 boxes of Extra-Strength Correctol, sewing needles, thread, and one or more bungholes!

CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 5:41am
I HATE the drippy phrase "melty cheese".  Ugh! No!  What is wrong with saying "melted"?  "Melty" is first cousin to moldy and is an abomination.Sick  

I also HATE the phrase, "Kick the can down the road,"  thrown around by every politician so often that it has become utterly meaningless.  Just makes me want to kick their goddamn cans down the road.  Yeah, I am angry and full of hate.  Oh yeah, another term I hate!  "Haters gotta hate".  Yeah, well, damn right!!
CapeCat
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 7:15am
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

I HATE the drippy phrase "melty cheese".  Ugh! No!  What is wrong with saying "melted"?  "Melty" is first cousin to moldy and is an abomination.Sick  

I also HATE the phrase, "Kick the can down the road,"  thrown around by every politician so often that it has become utterly meaningless.  Just makes me want to kick their goddamn cans down the road.  Yeah, I am angry and full of hate.  Oh yeah, another term I hate!  "Haters gotta hate".  Yeah, well, damn right!!

I speak arrogant douchebag! Allow me to translate:

Haters gonna hate: "I did or said something extremely stupid or distasteful, and I don't want to have to own up to the social consequences of my own actions, or God forbid take any consideration of others"
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 7:19am

Saying "melty cheese" sounds like the speaker is ignorant that the word is supposed to be "melted."  Kind of like saying axe for ask, or libarry for library.  I also hate "Haters gotta hate"!  No!  Haters don't have to hate, they want to hate.  Just don't dismiss our hatred because you can't be bothered with finding out what is so reprehensible to be hated!  Haters is used repeatedly in conjunction with any political or social view not shared by the person whining about haters.

One phrase I'm sick of is "healthy choices." 
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Tampon Submarine Tampon Submarine wrote:

Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

...Agreed! Also heard the sentence, "totes awky mo-mo. Whoever created this needs to be punched in the throat.

I had to look that one up on Google in order to find out what that phrase meant. :-/

Whomever created this needs the Tampon Submarine treatment (FKA. the Angry McPisseron treatment) -- you know, the one that involves a plastic gallon jug of concentrated rat piss, 10 boxes of Extra-Strength Correctol, sewing needles, thread, and one or more bungholes!

Oh, please do. Please stop the madness..
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 11:24am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

I also hate "Haters gotta hate"!  No!  Haters don't have to hate, they want to hate.  Just don't dismiss our hatred because you can't be bothered with finding out what is so reprehensible to be hated!

I think you're mishearing. Nobody says "haters gotta hate", the phrase that always gets thrown around is "haters gonna hate". Not sure if that will change your disdain for the phrase or not, but it does change the meaning a bit.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 3:21pm
Good point, and acknowledged.  To be fair, in the highly un-cool "resort" area  where I live,   urban slang  tends to get mangled pretty badly by the time it washes ashore here. Can I have a  "True dat?"   (Auuuggghhhh!!) 

Gonna or gotta,  it still doesn't change my "hating on" (there's another one!) that damn word melty.  Tongue

CapeCat
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

CRAY CRAY!!!! 

Dead

Never heard 'Cray Cray'.
Shocked...just only now noticed the use in GEICO BOX commercial, where the box says it is doing 'Grea Grea".
I just want to set that box on fire.
Sandra View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Donathan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 4:10pm
Pawolf, the Box is actually from Progressive.....
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 1:50am
Eco-nom-nom-nomics

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 3:00am

Gonna or gotta,  it still doesn't change my "hating on" (there's another one!) that damn word melty.  Tongue

I don't mind "melty" at all.

Sounds nice & "melty"!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 12:24am
But Jimbo - melty cheese is dribbly and weak, unworthy of serious consideration.  Cheese, glorious cheese, deserves so much better.

Melted cheese, on the other hand - that is the nectar of the gods!Wink
CapeCat
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 11:03pm
Twerk,twerking, Justin bieber,being a "belieber", yolo,.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 11:29pm

Hey!!!  Watch what you're saying!!  I'm a Belieber (and I couldn't lieber if I tried).  Angry

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 11:30pm

"Boots on the ground".

Where else ya gonna put 'em?

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 11:55pm
Are you twerking while saying this? Are you wearing bieber boots?

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 12:20am

I'm always twerking.  It's my default position.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic