Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Repeat Offenders
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Caroline Duncan: Mirena IUC, Kay Jewelers, etc.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Caroline Duncan: Mirena IUC, Kay Jewelers, etc.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IHaveStandards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Caroline Duncan: Mirena IUC, Kay Jewelers, etc.
    Posted: 17 Aug 2008 at 4:16pm

Caroline Duncan has been in several ads over the past year. I first noticed her in this ad for the Mirena IUC:

I think she's incredibly annoying in this ad, in addition to which she has an annoying "thing" she does with her mouth in the close up with the baby.

She's been in at least two other ads, one for Kay Jewelers (I think) where she and her man are shopping for a Christmas tree, and another for a household product, maybe a floor cleaner.

She appears to be an "It girl" in TV commercials lately. I have no clue as to why.

Sponsored Links

ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2008 at 2:56am

Not only is her Mirena IUC ad appearing more frequently again, she's now appearing in a True Value hardware ad as a helpful clerk--uh, sales associate.

Hundreds of threads killed.
the real prozac View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the real prozac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 5:17am
Is that the commercial where after a "dramatic pause" she says "Move to....Memphis."  Arrrrgh I live in Memphis.  I hate that commercial.
All your internets are belong to me.-Anonymous
Rules 3,4,5,8 and 78
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 10:02pm
That's the one!

Real Prozac, you can help me out here! Another thing that annoys me about the Mirena "move...to Memphis!!!" ad is this: After the Memphis move, and during the voice over touting the wonderful advantages of the Mirena thing, there are three family scenes where it's snowing or there's snow on the ground.

Do you get that much snow in Memphis? I always figured Memphis as more of a sleet and ice storm kind of place.
Hundreds of threads killed.
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 10:37pm
I remember seeing that stupid Mirena commercial. I don't understand why they want you to already have a kid for this thing, especially since they say you can remove it before the five year period is up. What, is there a risk of sterility or something that  they're not mentioning?Confused
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic