Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Were you bullied as a youth?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Donathan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Were you bullied as a youth?
    Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 1:02pm
I remember the bulk of my bullies being Benny. God, Benny beat the crap out of me so much it wasn't funny. Robert punched me in the eye though and I remember people laughing at me as I went down. I remember seeing stars. Though Robert punched me, I consider Benny as The King Of Bullies. His brother Sonny was always nice to me however. Go figure. I guess Benny and Robert never learned the " Boys don't hit girls," lesson....
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Sandra Sandra wrote:

I remember the bulk of my bullies being Benny. God, Benny beat the crap out of me so much it wasn't funny. Robert punched me in the eye though and I remember people laughing at me as I went down. I remember seeing stars. Though Robert punched me, I consider Benny as The King Of Bullies. His brother Sonny was always nice to me however. Go figure. I guess Benny and Robert never learned the " Boys don't hit girls," lesson....

Unfortunately for you though, Kendra, there never was a "Boys don't hit boys who act like & want to BE girls" rule.

AAMOF, there was a rule which stated that all boys were obligated to hit or in some way, shape or form, harass & make life miserable for those kinds of boys... like yourself.

Sucks, I know, but what ya gonna do?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 5:39pm
Did they beat you up and steal your lottery tickets?Cry  Is that why you had to start hiding them in magazines?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 6:10pm
All you have to do with a bully is knock them on their ass one time, they won't mess with you again.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by verminstew verminstew wrote:

Did they beat you up and steal your lottery tickets?Cry  Is that why you had to start hiding them in magazines?

Or maybe the stole Kendrathang's lollipops.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

All you have to do with a bully is knock them on their ass one time, they won't mess with you again.

Worked for me.  The 5th grader who lived down the street kept harassing me (4th grade) on our way home from the bus stop, and my dad told me next time he does it to turn around and pop the sh*t out of him. A couple days later I did, and just like that the hunter became the hunted. I chased him down the street with his nose bleeding and crying like a little baby, and instead of going home he ran past his house to go to my house to tell on me.  I caught up to him at our front porch and got some more hits in before my sister answered the door and broke it up. 

At the end of the day, he ended up with a bloody nose and ripped shirt while I ended up with $10 and a "Good job, Son"  from my dad.  Coincidentally from the next day going forward he was suddenly nice to me.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 6:42pm
Were you bullied as a youth?
No, but that doesn't mean there were not attempts...always being one to 'go for the gusto' (Irish, of course), the few attempts that were made ended up with people hurt and me usually in trouble...
First event were kids on a pipe-built jungle gym - bully at the top. I pushed him good and proper he fell through the middle and broke an arm and almost his neck...he was almost twice my size. Second grade. Met the police for the first time.
Next time was a real jerk of a kid who picked on everyone - I took a steel dart and stuck it in the kid's forehead from about 5 feet away - it was stuck in his forehead so good that they had to hold him to pull it out after I told him to go tell people we were playing 'William Tell' and I missed the apple. 4th grade. No police, kid never messed with anyone ever again.
Last childhood event was 7th grade, 'welcome to racism' - young black gangsta-type had been after me for a while and finally caught me off-guard, pushed me down. I had no choice - I got up and left-hooked him before coming around from the right with a baseball-sized rock to the skull. Police. Ambulance for him. Never saw kid again - he got in trouble, not me. The rock business caused me to break two fingers while fracturing his skull behind his right ear.
I was never a bully, but never put up with them - even when I wasn't involved. And yes, I've always supported Bernie Goetz (which did not really go over all that well at home).

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Worked for me.  The 5th grader who lived down the street kept harassing me (4th grade) on our way home from the bus stop, and my dad told me next time he does it to turn around and pop the sh*t out of him. A couple days later I did, and just like that the hunter became the hunted. I chased him down the street with his nose bleeding and crying like a little baby, and instead of going home he ran past his house to go to my house to tell on me.  I caught up to him at our front porch and got some more hits in before my sister answered the door and broke it up. 

At the end of the day, he ended up with a bloody nose and ripped shirt while I ended up with $10 and a "Good job, Son"  from my dad.  Coincidentally from the next day going forward he was suddenly nice to me.

Well, that worked for me a couple of times when I was a little kid, but by the time I was a freshman in high school, there was a whole different class (& size) of bullies to contend with.

I'm talking of course, about juniors & seniors, usually jocks on the football team, & usually the really huge ones who played the offensive & defensive line. Either that, or just some garden variety, 6'+ strapping redneck cowboy or gearhead hot rodder, who got their jollies picking on kids smaller than them.

It is then, that the "deck them & they'll leave you alone" theory tends to break down & it's attempted application usually results in a broken nose.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 7:20pm
Of course with the gang mentality, standing up for yourself can back-fire.
 I was always small but strong, tough and cool enough to get in with the group that was envied.
There really wasn't alot of fighting back then, bullying has been around forever though.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 8:28pm
Only once and I was caught off guard.

At a Y camp when I was 10, a huge kid decided he wanted to hurt someone.  I was the little, glasses- wearing kid just standing there when he pushed my down on the bottom bunk, jumped on me, and pushed his feet up on the top bunk.  He pushed until I couldn't breathe.  I really thought I was going to die, but some other kids pulled him off.

Turns out, a few minutes before, the smallest kid in the cabin punched him in the face after he thought he'd be easy pickings.  So, I guess big bully thought he'd save face by hurting me.   He was gone the next day.
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 8:54pm
I went to a very small school and I am ashamed to say that everyone in my grade, 9-10 of us picked on a particular girl until 4 or 5th grade. It was name-calling, songs, not picking her for sports. It could have been much worse but we were horrible.

And actually, I was bullied by male students who weren't regulars, they came and went quickly. I was a very small girl and I finally got a new coat for the first time when I was in 5th grade. I was so proud of it. Steve Shields and I were outside waiting for our rides and he started making fun of my coat so I made fun of his intelligence and he pushed me and ripped my coat collar. He was bigger than me but I took him down and scratched him and bit his arm and kicked him. We both got called in but I didn't get in trouble. I didn't realize it at the time but I was raised in poverty and since my Dad had just died they probably felt sorry for me and didn't punish me.

Another time, a kid was trying to trip me and kick me so I pushed him down this really steep hill on the playground. He broke his collarbone. Enough said.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 5:02am
Originally posted by sandra sandra wrote:

I remember the bulk of my bullies being Benny. God, Benny beat the crap out of me so much it wasn't funny. Robert punched me in the eye though and I remember people laughing at me as I went down. I remember seeing stars. Though Robert punched me, I consider Benny as The King Of Bullies.

Get even with them.  Claim they molested you.  That should ruin their lives (if your really hate them that much....)
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Originally posted by sandra sandra wrote:

I remember the bulk of my bullies being Benny. God, Benny beat the crap out of me so much it wasn't funny. Robert punched me in the eye though and I remember people laughing at me as I went down. I remember seeing stars. Though Robert punched me, I consider Benny as The King Of Bullies.

Get even with them.  Claim they molested you.  That should ruin their lives (if your really hate them that much....)

I don't think that counts if it begged, cried, and pleaded for a little 'moley lovin'', or if it 'runs in the family'.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 2:47pm

My mother told me about the time my friend Howie kept taking my toy truck till finally I hit him.  I think I was 3.

Never reallly got bullied otherwise.  I went to Catholic school, and there was no way in hell anyone was gonna bully anyone.  Plus, I was one of the funny guys, so I pretty much got along with everyone---in and out of school.

When I went to public school in the 9th grade, however, I was verbally "bullied" simply for having been a Catholic school kid.  Who were my bullies??  The smart nerdy Jewish kids, of all people.  It's pretty bad when smart nerdy Jewish kids are your bullies.  LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 3:08pm
I got in so many fist fights when I was in 7th grade, I can't even remember them all.

I hung around with two "older" dudes (big, bad 9th graders, who were the kings of the hill in jr high) & thus, somebody was always coming after me.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 6:11pm
I got kicked out of Catholic School in 2nd grade because I was playing catch with one of those big ol' bar-of-soap sized erasers in the middle of class. Only tossed it whenever The Penguin had her back turned, but one toss went terribly wrong and hit a girl in the head - she yelled, maybe even dropped a tear; I immediately got kicked out of the building before my Dad could even get there. Hated it about the girl, though - last white girl I was in love with, doncha know - still remember her name - Karen French.
(With my luck, she's probably a board member and all hell is about to break loose)
Sandra View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Donathan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 9:49am
Jimbo, I am a female.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 9:59am
Are you, though?
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 10:10am

Jimbo, I am a female.
Post a pic Sandra, lemme guess, you would not feel comfortable posting a pic online?
Where have I heard that before?
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 10:54am

Of course with the gang mentality, standing up for yourself can back-fire.
 I was always small but strong, tough and cool enough to get in with the group that was envied.
There really wasn't alot of fighting back then, bullying has been around forever though.

Same here. Got jumped by 6 guys in 5 grade.. Learned my lesson. Smartened up and got into the right group in 7th grade. Wasn't bothered after that. Small, but strong and can handle my own.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Sandra View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Donathan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 6:51pm
I am not posting my picture on the internet. You guys are strangers.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 6:53pm
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 7:03pm

I'll bet you're stranger than we are....
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

I'll bet you're stranger than we are....
LOLLOL  Good one hooty man.
 I could post a strangie, I may be on to something here.
Sandra View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Donathan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 7:10pm
No, I am not strange. I am normal.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic