Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amazon Fire "Hipster Kids"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Crackicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2014 at 2:29pm
Someone needs to go back in time and McFly those brats. Especially the pudgy dipsh*t boy.
Sponsored Links

d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2014 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Synesthesia Synesthesia wrote:

That guy was in breaking bad as one of those silly friends of Jesse.

Also, hipster kids. ugh. But I do not want kids to play outside. They scream under all my windows like spawns of satan and it pisses me off. Why are they able to make those noises? They were screaming and yelling at 11! PM! Guh.

Kids should play outside. Then we'd see less obese kids that grow up to be obese adults.

As for kids out playing at 11 PM....that's the parents fault. Heck, I had to be in the house by 10 PM when I was friggin' 14 years old unless there was a "teen night" at the community center or something.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2014 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

I had to rewind the DVR a few times because I couldn't understand what the chubby boy was saying.

That grown-up brunette's a babe though... got kind of an Ally Sheedy thing going on. Thumbs Up

I think she's supposed to be a watered down version of Zooey Deschanel. She's hot, but that phony smile she gives at the beginning is annoying.
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
Sandra View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Donathan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2014 at 3:35am
The adult in this commercial looks like Carly Rae Jepsen....
Chillinpat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chillinpat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 5:25am
The hipster kids are back, this time in an airport it seems with no parents around at all, to settle a debate between two nerds about an X-men movie. It keeps getting weirder and weirder.

On a bar of Dove soap: "Directions: Use like regular soap."
Dr. John Dorian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr. John Dorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 12:46am
I agree with whoever said kids should have tracphones/prepaid phones with no data until they are at least 16. Better yet, until they can afford to buy a plan of their own. This commercial is up there with the "Hopper" commercials for encouraging snot nosed arrogant children to demand constant entertainment. Sheesh! Go fishing! Go play basketball! Something besides sitting on your butt watching television and playing video games. 
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 12:51am
Originally posted by Dr. John Dorian Dr. John Dorian wrote:

IGo fishing! Go play basketball! 

When I was a kid, if my options were doing those things, or being grounded, confined to my room doing nothing, I would choose being grounded in a heartbeat.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chillinpat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 12:56am
I admit, I had atari and nintendo, sega genesis etc...growing up but I still made a point to be outside with the children in the neighborhood playing and kids I made friends with during my time at school. 

Children are being exposed to this technology too early too fast.
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 1:21am
Originally posted by Chillinpat Chillinpat wrote:

I admit, I had atari and nintendo, sega genesis etc...growing up but I still made a point to be outside with the children in the neighborhood playing and kids I made friends with during my time at school. 

Children are being exposed to this technology too early too fast.

I've never really enjoyed being outside. Maybe it's due to living in Texas where it's miserably hot about 11 months out of the year.

Regardless of electronics, I would have preferred to stay inside and read a book rather than go outside and do anything with the neighborhood kids.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chillinpat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 1:32am
I love to read myself as well, also, if it was hot a lot in Texas did at least going into a swimming pool help keeping cool while having fun?  I can understand being in an air conditioned environment would feel better though.
LiberryGirl View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LiberryGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 2:56am
Those hipsters just grate on my last nerve. And what's with the stupid knit caps and wearing them inside? It's not like the kids are out in a blizzard.
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 3:47am

I love to read myself as well, also, if it was hot a lot in Texas did at least going into a swimming pool help keeping cool while having fun?

I sunburn after about 30 minutes.
Joe Minx View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Joe Minx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 5:12am
Is it wrong that I have come to hate the children of today? Knowing that these spoiled, unphysically fit little snotbags are going to be running the world while I'm rotting away in some old folks home that will probably be run by robots who have their own smartphones is more than I can stand to think about.

chilliconcarne View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chilliconcarne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 3:18pm
I know people are usually annoyed about the kids in this commercial but what about that chick with the bangs? Now that is just annoying to look at. 
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 7:38pm
Good grief the airport one is so trivial!

Who @#$%ing cares what movie it is, just watch it!

Despite what things are going on in the world does it really matter which movie it is?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
panamacityeddie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panamacityeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 11:22pm
Children should be seen and not heard LOL
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 11:29pm
I don't much care for seeing the, either...
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 1:44am

Discuss.

Personally, the way the little boy rolls his eyes with his smug sarcastic tone, makes me want to smack his glasses off of his face.

For some reason, I see this smarmy little prick as the offspring of "Red" from Wendys.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
gerrnblanston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerrnblanston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 7:24am
I thought he was saying "9 years ON THE SURF and ..." I hope you're right. I hate this spot so much to begin with, but that line (or what I thought he was saying) sent me over the top.

Tully Blanchard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tully Blanchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by LiberryGirl LiberryGirl wrote:

Those hipsters just grate on my last nerve. And what's with the stupid knit caps and wearing them inside? It's not like the kids are out in a blizzard.

I'd like to know this as well - when did a ratty old hat become acceptable fashion?
Terminal8383 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terminal8383 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 12:59pm
That commercial is terrible, but the one I hate more is when the boy is inexplicably taking a number for real estate, and this couple asks what he's doing, and they explain the function, and the little sh*t turns his back on them to make a call while they look on confused. SO obnoxious.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 4:22pm
They've been playing the $#%& outta the first ad on FXX!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
mattr1198 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattr1198 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 4:59pm
It's not that they're hipsters, because I dont mind that. It's the fact that Amazon is letting kids advertise their phone. That will make it look too kiddy to braindead consumers who need a phone. Also, WHY ADVERTISE TWITTER & PINTEREST, FREE APPS , AS SPECIAL ON AMAZON PRIME? Retarded advertising at its finest
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 7:27pm
Amazon (and everyone else it seems) just wants to brainwash Americans into thinking it is normal and desirable for kids to have these fancy phones and other tech gadgets.  That way they've got a very young customer base for life.

Who are the two women in this ad anyway, the kids' nannies?
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by mattr1198 mattr1198 wrote:

It's not that they're hipsters, because I dont mind that. It's the fact that Amazon is letting kids advertise their phone. That will make it look too kiddy to braindead consumers who need a phone. Also, WHY ADVERTISE TWITTER & PINTEREST, FREE APPS , AS SPECIAL ON AMAZON PRIME? Retarded advertising at its finest

You're totally confused mate. They aren't advertising Twitter and Pinterest as a special on Amazon Prime, it's saying that the phone has for example, Twitter, Pinterest, AND includes Amazon Prime(a paid service which is apparently included with the phone). They've never once said anything about Twitter and Pinterest being specials ON Amazon Prime.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic