Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

anti smoking commercials

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miseryguts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 9:39pm
Forgot about that one with Amanda and her baby. It doesn't quite have the same visceral impact and someone taking his dentures out in HD or another guy wrapping his stumps. 
Sponsored Links

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 11:18pm
I didn't realize that Terrie Hall died. I found her ads repulsive, but found her to be a very brave lady. To die so painfully at such a young age is bloody awful. I once saw photos of her posted when she was very young, she was quite beautiful.
R.I.P. Terrie, I hope your ads caused many folks to quit that terrible habit.
One man gathers what another man spills
Cross Traffic View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cross Traffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2014 at 2:54am
There is a new one that the CDC is throwing at us, the 80% of us that do not smoke. Its been public knowledge for 50 years since the Terry Report that smoking kills.

http://ti.me/1mfMJiO
Sandra View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Donathan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2014 at 3:03pm
I don't like the over the top PSAS. I remembered a very simple PSA in the 80's or 90's where they told kids, "If you do drugs, your mommy and daddy will cry." Most kids do not like to make their parents cry, so that ad was actually effective.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2014 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Miseryguts Miseryguts wrote:

Forgot about that one with Amanda and her baby. It doesn't quite have the same visceral impact and someone taking his dentures out in HD or another guy wrapping his stumps. 

No kidding.
It isn't so much 'Amanda' as it is her baby - the damned thing is PremeFugly with all the hoses and whatnot - just close the box and cover it.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 7:46am
I don't like the one with the woman and her baby because of her "dead" eyes but the guy who takes his teeth out is the worst. It doesn't bother me that he takes his teeth out it is the nasty sounds it makes. Kind of a sucking, "pull your foot out of the mud sound." They have been running it many, many times a day.

A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 3:44am
Another veiled Neo-Communist cause......
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 8:26am
I wish Amanda would lock herself into the cage. Just get her dough eyed dopey stare and voice out of my TV. I don't care about her kid, and I could give 2 sh*ts about her. Just leave me alone. She makes me smoke more.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Remote84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Remote84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 7:53pm
The Terrie one and the other one where the guy past away from second hand smoke were really saddening. Don't get me wrong, to each their own, smoking is bad for your health. I don't really care, I don't smoke but I understand the ideas behind the commercials. My whoooooooole problem is the guy with the missing teeth making those DISGUSTING mouth noises pulling out his false teeth. I have literally had to hear the noises every commercial break. Yeah yeah, sad sad, but I seriously want to knock the rest of his teeth out!
videotapeguy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote videotapeguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 6:39pm
I hate the Terrie one. It's sad, but absolutely repulsive. And the one about "speak into the hole so your baby can hear you." I hate that one. What they should really do is make an ad like where there are people on a bus bench or something and a smoker shows up and they all scoot away from the smoker.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 6:45pm
Since you brought slo mo up..

I hate this chick.Angry

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videotapeguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 7:28pm
I want to speak into the hole in her ear so she can hear ME better.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 7:33pm
LOL

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 7:39pm
I'm sorry but that chick deserves to be hit by a small tiny meteorite.just enough for her to say "WTF!?" And be irritated. Not to kill her I'm not that cruel.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I'm sorry but that chick deserves to be hit by a small tiny meteorite.just enough for her to say "WTF!?" And be irritated. Not to kill her I'm not that cruel.

I vote for a larger meteorite!
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 12:45am
LOL Whatever it takes for her to not talk like a waterhead. She talks like she's broken upstairs. "My. Baby. Only.  Weighed. Three. pounds. Maybe someone just needs to slip an upper in her glass. Or stuff her into that oxygen rich tank to help those starved grey cells.

Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2015 at 5:25pm
How mean.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videotapeguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 12:56am
This is the view we have of Amanda on TV.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 11:30pm
No other anti-smoking ad is creepier/nastier than this one: Fast forward to 2:20. They showed this one in prime time during a new episode of The Simpsons. Aorta fat.

Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
ProudHeart86 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudHeart86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 6:50pm
These ads make me want to start smoking.  Like, 3 packs a day.  I'm not into smoking, and I think it's disgusting, but I hate when ANYONE tells me what to do or not do.  If I want to smoke, I'll damn-well smoke.  Sort of like those "don't text and drive" ads.  They make me want to go out on the road with my phone in-hand and Facebook in my face.  I WON'T and would NEVER, but seriously.  Ads telling me how to live my life royally piss me off.
"Out of all the worst possible things, this is the. Worst. Possible. Thing!"
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 8:51pm
Whenever these come on the first thing I do is change the channel, then I immediately spark one up!
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 10:16pm
I will NEVER smoke! I've learned its dangerous and will RUIN your health! It is a disgusting habit that I'm not enticed to do. I don't want to be addicted to something so dirty. I will REFUSE any attempt to make me try this crap.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 1:35am
It seems expensive. I need money for music, concerts, books and plush toys. Also live spiders.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 1:58am
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

Whenever these come on the first thing I do is change the channel, then I immediately spark one up!

LOL  Same here.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videotapeguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I will NEVER smoke! I've learned its dangerous and will RUIN your health! It is a disgusting habit that I'm not enticed to do. I don't want to be addicted to something so dirty. I will REFUSE any attempt to make me try this crap.

The only reason I need is the smell. It makes you want to vomit when you smell second-hand smoke. IT REEKS.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic