Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Apple iphone 5 "I'm living the life of dreams"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 7:55pm
Jimbo, both suck for different reasons! Florida Blue for its sappy and saccraine singing and Apple iPhone 5 for its monotone and tone deaf singing!

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

Officer Tenpenny View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Officer Tenpenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 8:08am
This is playing EVERY SINGLE COMMERCIAL BREAK on the station I'm watching. Hipster BS to the highest degree.
DemonicMelodies View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DemonicMelodies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 9:39pm
Another horrible song combined with the same horrible message that good parents and happy families have their f*cking iphones to thank for it and that interacting with the godd*mn thing in every aspect of your life is a good idea enrages me and its the reason why I joined this site last year. We are doomed as a society if people are falling for this crap. It scares me.

AHHHHHH!!!
People are dumb.
DemonicMelodies View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DemonicMelodies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 9:45pm
I live in Port Saint Lucie and I have somehow never seen this commercial before. I'm glad it got by me lol
People are dumb.
ardvrk-sf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ardvrk-sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 12:30am
It makes one wonder what the Advertising company was thinking.  They took one of the MOST annoying noises EVER - a baby screeching, and add it to the most inane, horribly sung song by some vapid cow.

Yeah, like THAT is going to make me want to rush right out and buy one of their pieces of crap!  NOT.
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 12:56am
Originally posted by ardvrk-sf ardvrk-sf wrote:

It makes one wonder what the Advertising company was thinking.  They took one of the MOST annoying noises EVER - a baby screeching, and add it to the most inane, horribly sung song by some vapid cow.

Yeah, like THAT is going to make me want to rush right out and buy one of their pieces of crap!  NOT.

AW! That baby is so cute LOLOLOL and the singer and the song are just sooooo hip! (puke, puke)
I think the "War on Drugs" should focus on the advertising world. If they're not doing drugs then there's something else very seriously wrong with them. They should not be permitted in public without a handler present
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 1:12am
^fer chrissakes, gents! They don't do this to make you LOVE them - they do this to make you REMEMBER THEM when you ARE ACTUALLY LOOKING and trying to figure what you really need or can depend upon - you will be drawn to their product and may accidently NOT remember the commercial you hate so very much.
Or you will - but you'll buy it anyway. If their commercials are that damned bad, then all the good money went into the product, so you can't possibly go wrong, eh?
If I ever buy an idiot phone of my own, I'm getting a Samsung (I've got a super-duper BlackBerry, but it is a work device)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 9:55am
I have mixed feelings about this one:
The bad:  In a sea of hipster-focused commercials featuring bad songs sung poorly, this one stands out as particularly loathsome on every level.  
The good:  After lurking on this site on and off for years, this commercial has done what no commercial has been able to do before.  It motivated me to finally register as a member.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 9:59am
^ Welcome to the madness.
SquirrelPrincess View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquirrelPrincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by jazzbo spooner jazzbo spooner wrote:

basically that song is "I'm Popeye the Sailor Man" with the words changed.

I knew I wasn't the only one hearing that!

My husband mutes the tv every time the ad plays now because he got tired of me singing "Popeye the Sailor Man" along with it. A monotone, depressing, record-played-at-too-slow-speed version of Popeye, of course.
madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 8:57pm
I believe she IS dreaming.... that she can sing and play guitar
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 10:43pm
Please shoot her and put her out of OUR misery!
madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2014 at 3:48pm
I composed my own little ditty to this tune...

She's dreaming that she can sing
She's dreaming that she can sing
The awful guitar
Made me head for the bar
She's dreaming that she can sing....
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2014 at 3:51pm
^^ LOL

She's worse than you'd think
It's drivin' me to drink

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2014 at 4:18pm
I'm living a life of fking nightmares after hearing this stupid BS ALL day long.

Who are these fking people,  look at me and my cool phone, I bet you can't do this.

The dad with the baby is a fking idiot, put the baby in the crib you moron, before you drop the thing playing your retard phone.
SlapChop14 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SlapChop14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 4:59am
Good God where have you people been all my life! Rather than hurl myself from a roof top, I googled that I hate this commercial and...here you beautiful people are, sharing in my disdain of the current trend of hipsters ruining television watching one vomit inducing commercial at a time.

More amazing is that the woman who sings this song has a following. She sings concerts in front of what I presume are other horn rimmed wearing self-important ponytailed men and Birkenstock wearing women who are certain to have long flowing pubes and underarm pungence rivalled only by third world citizens that don't have a choice.

Man am I glad I found this forum!

Whitedog127 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitedog127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 5:48am
Welcome aboard, Slapchop! You are in very good company here   
Braaaandy Aaaaalexaaaaaander!
SJames View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 10:06am
There are a lot of crappy ad songs, but this one's just so miserable and hackish. Why does every low-talent chick with a guitar want to be Zooey Deschanel?
SlapChop14 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlapChop14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Whitedog127 Whitedog127 wrote:

Welcome aboard, Slapchop! You are in very good company here   

Thanks Whitedog! Certainly seems like my kind of people.
Dr.HortonWho View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.HortonWho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 5:43pm
I just joined, and I'm SO GLAD to see that I'm not the only viewer who despises that song, and the general tendency to use such lame music!  I assume that they show these things to test audiences, which really depresses me, if such crap is considered to be good by anyone.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by SlapChop14 SlapChop14 wrote:

Good God where have you people been all my life! Rather than hurl myself from a roof top, I googled that I hate this commercial and...here you beautiful people are, sharing in my disdain of the current trend of hipsters ruining television watching one vomit inducing commercial at a time.

More amazing is that the woman who sings this song has a following. She sings concerts in front of what I presume are other horn rimmed wearing self-important ponytailed men and Birkenstock wearing women who are certain to have long flowing pubes and underarm pungence rivalled only by third world citizens that don't have a choice.

Man am I glad I found this forum!

Don't jump off the roof! Jump on board with the rest us coach potatoes! Everybody needs a release, and with television being what it is these days, we NEED a board like this! I wonder how many deaths and injuries this site has prevented! Think of all those smashed tv screens! OH THE HUMANITY!!!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 9:15pm
^LOLLOL

Much fewer dog kicking and wife slapping incidents here.
madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 11:25pm
Hey Horton, I'm sure that they tested the commercial in a community filled with pony-tailed men and Birkie wearing hipsters.... in other words, the community where Apple resides. After all, the rest of us live in flyover country.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 3:32am
Welcome aboard all newbies!

So far I've only been assaulted by this Apple ad on the board (to see what everyone was talking about) and it's a dismal reminder of how cell phones have taken over every moment of some people's lives.  The mono-singing, bored guitar strumming chick is horrible.  Does this pass for talent these days?
purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 7:19am
Originally posted by madwoman madwoman wrote:

Hey Horton, I'm sure that they tested the commercial in a community filled with pony-tailed men and Birkie wearing hipsters.... in other words, the community where Apple resides. After all, the rest of us live in flyover country.

I don't know about that.  I live just up the road from Apple HQ and haven't seen too many ponytailed men and Birkie wearing hipsters around here.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic