Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Radio Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ad Council Get Involved w. Your Kid

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 6:09pm
^ Wow, those are powerful DV ads, Pa.  Are they from Canada?

Just wondering, who took care of yer chillens when you and the missus were away bringing home bacon?
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Just wondering, who took care of yer chillens when you and the missus were away bringing home bacon?

Other wolves, of course.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 6:57pm

During the early years, we hired help - we were VERY fortunate to find great during the years in Europe and Florida. We then lived near other immediate family on either of our sides, and also have always had some really great friends - again, we've been very, very fortunate in this life. I have to believe a higher power had a plan for our kids. 
These days, we live on Wolfy Island, Wilderness, Geat White North.  4 blocks southeast and to the left of where the wild Father Christmases roam...yes, those that become Santa Claus, doncha know. Having said that, we're at approximately the same latitude, in a legendary area almost everyone only learns about from fairy tales and horror stories.
Finland has LONG tried to hold a monopoly on this business of providing the world 'Santa Clauses', the pigs! They're good at what they do, I'll admit, but it gets done up here, too - we send ours out to 'da Hood and places we don't like so much...
For those that ever wondered where 'Santa' comes from, well, here's the truth of the matter. 

"What was all that horsesh*t about, PaW?!"
Merry Halloween, Y'all!

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 11:52pm

Winko.k.o.k.o.k....I'll show you mine if you show me yours, DRS.
Here are FIVE of the Canadian Workplace PSAs - they're classic gems, I tell ya. Enjoy!Wink
(all in one video...there are actually MORE, a few of which are actually very disturbing)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 5:16am
All of those "whoosh whoosh WAATER" and "my jacket's not a car is it?" ads are for Bornlearning.org. 

And I found one of them...the jacket isn't a car!

Most of the PSAs I've heard lately have been real crappy ones. I think I heard that awful Let's Move PSA tonight with that "song." Go to Park Day :60. http://letsmove.adcouncil.org/radio/

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
thedude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 6:04am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

All of those "whoosh whoosh WAATER" and "my jacket's not a car is it?" ads are for Bornlearning.org. 

And I found one of them...the jacket isn't a car!

Most of the PSAs I've heard lately have been real crappy ones. I think I heard that awful Let's Move PSA tonight with that "song." Go to Park Day :60. http://letsmove.adcouncil.org/radio/

-crainbebo

Uhh, yeah, that's not how you talk to a child. Shocked
I guess it's better than ignoring the child like many parents, but that is really f**king condescending and annoying!

Is it so hard for people to be open with their children? Just talk to them like anyone else. Assume they understand, and they will learn. Kids aren't afraid to ask if they're confused... not at all! LOL
Adsontherun View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adsontherun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2015 at 4:17pm
"Mom stop copying me!" "Mom tell her to stop copying me!" I just don't get what these ads have to do with anything, this annoying ad leads to brushing your teeth?!?

A Rainbows PSA, huh? I thought kids associated rainbows with happiness or somethin'.

And I've been hearing this one with someone saying something about not smoking, but it's like just some random sound effects that, as far as I can tell, has NOTHING to do with asthma, smoking etc. but then a deep-voiced male announcer pops up, saying something along the lines of "Stop smoking today." Then it does that thing about the ad council, and the ad ends?...Quite strange, though.

(What's your favorite color? Not green.)
Sometimes the loneliness gets to you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No amount of cheers and claps can make anything better.
*^7^&^^^^@($&(@1(*$@~~~~~~~~
1936!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adsontherun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2015 at 4:21pm
I laughed at the Restaurant Accident okay? Also, I was like watching the Construction Accident and then suddenly it's an explosion?

"'Cuz I guess I'm about to be in a terrible AAACCIDENT. Nobody fre-- *randomly slips for no reason* AHIUGBHVGFBUHVNGJ!"
1936!
Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2015 at 4:39pm
Sometimes PSAs are more effective than we think.
I still remember this one from when I was a kid.

If that kid didn't take up smoking, he's probably as old as me today! LOL
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2015 at 10:10pm
I hate those 2min2x commercials. There's another 2min2x PSA that has a bunch of guys singing "What's Your Favorite Color?" GROAN!!
Rainbows is a grief-support group for children and teenagers. They help minors that are going through situations like deaths of parents, divorces, domestic violence, and with situations like natural disasters and school tragedies like Newtown. I've only heard the PSA one time a couple of years ago when my then-local FM station still had a raw Delilah feed with PSAs (no local spots). A bunch of kids say things like "why did my mom die?" "why is my family divorcing?" etc.

I also don't get the frickin' Breathe Easies. "Don't smoke in the h-h-h-h-houseee!!" What's the point of dubstep?

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adsontherun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2015 at 11:51pm
I'm listening to some dubstep right now. But from what I heard of the brainless Breathe Easies, it's just them making a pathetic attempt to rap about...asthma. 'Cause that's a core topic for rappers nowadays...maybe...I don't care, time for Eptic...
1936!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adsontherun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2015 at 11:52pm
@Rainbows Aaaahhhh.

Yeah, is it still okay that I laughed at the Restaurant Accident? Forgive me? 3:?
1936!
AdAnalyzer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdAnalyzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 1:30am
I know this is referring to an old post, but crainbebo, King of PSA awesomeness, where can I find these airchecks you speak of with the old PSA's and hopefully no viruses? I haven't thought of the WIC one with the kid trying to say his ABC's and only being able to get to D in years. That one used to freak me out. There was also one from the same campaign with a kid trying to sing Itsy Bitsy Spider, but forgetting the words.

I also remember that Americans for the Arts one, but the one I remember best is the one where the mom called the art deprivation hotline because her kid started flapping around like she was having a seizure whenever the mom turned on the music, only to be told that the kid was trying to dance. It was hilarious.
Commercials are awesome, except the annoying ones.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 10:25pm
I could post them to Mediafire. I pulled them from a 4shared page ran by a smooth jazz fan who used to tape the Jones Radio Network smooth jazz network (via KQMO, WJSJ, etc - all gone now) to take to work, due to the boss refraining them from streaming real-time at work.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 11:12pm
Ah, here we go. There's 17 PSAs so far, most 30 seconds. If the player doesn't work, you can download them. All were captured from the Jones airchecks, 2001-2008.
877-FAMLIT1 PSA (the one where the guy is selling educational videos on the street) -
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/x5sbn4mtto1jb1d/877-FAMLIT1_PSA_-_Selling_Educational_Videos_on_the_Street_-_2004.wma
888-GR8-MIND PSA (This dates back to the late 90s. Called "The Answer") - http://www.mediafire.com/listen/63urrvzy62tbd0o/888-GR8-MIND_PSA_1998_1999_-_The_Answer.wma
Act Against Violence PSA (early-mid 2000s. Crying baby, screaming parents.) - http://www.mediafire.com/listen/f4h3cv4ig29dx7z/Act_Against_Violence_PSA_early_2000s_-_Screaming_Baby_and_Parents.wma
American Cancer Society (2004. This is a funny one. The guy is asking about a "vacancy" - a $300/month room, but instead asks about a colon. The agent on the phone doesn't want to talk about it.) - http://www.mediafire.com/listen/crvd6lpu4dg64jk/American_Cancer_Society_PSA_2004_-_I_Want_a_Colon.wma
Americans for the Arts (2004, PSA #1. Rudolf Nureyev and Louis Armstrong, the two dumbos still don't know who they are. Is the announcer the same as the seizure PSA?) - http://www.mediafire.com/listen/uept81rbg8y9j92/Americans_for_the_Arts_PSA_2004_-_Rudolf_Nureyev_and_Louis_Armstrong.wma
Americans for the Arts (2004, PSA #2. Tchikavosky and Martha Graham. As with the other one, two dumbos still don't know these people.) - http://www.mediafire.com/listen/6h9i72vkvkuxru7/Americans_for_the_Arts_PSA_2004_-_Tchikavosky_and_Martha_Graham.wma

More to come.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdAnalyzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 3:14am
Aww man, you are my hero. I believe the announcer on the Americans for the Arts PSA I'm familiar with is Alek Baldwin, but it's been a while since I've heard it. Man I can't believe you've found these. I have no idea what 4Shared is, but if they have PSA's I'd be all over that.

Lol, I forgot about that polyp commercial. That is flippin' hilarious. "I don't need no friends goodbye!!!" Made my day.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 3:28am

Ad Council Get Involved w. Your Kid

Norma Bates doesn't have a problem with this.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdAnalyzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 3:39am
Oh man, I missed the ACT one the first time I watched these. I remember getting freaked out by that one when I heard it on XM radio in college. Any time you hear Lullaby in a commercial, it's time to get ready for creepy.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 3:59am
4Shared is a sharing website, sort of like Mediafire. I am a smooth jazz fan so I have downloaded several dozen Jones Radio Network airchecks, earliest being Jan 2000 all the way up to their final day of operation in September 2008. All of the airchecks are unscoped with local and national ads, and since many were recorded in the overnight hours, there are PSAs. Airchecks can be from a half hour-almost 3 hours long.
They are all here: http://www.4shared.com/folder/t1l_r6wK/JRN_Smooth_Jazz.html
The same person, who lives in the St. Louis, MO area, has a ton of other jazz airchecks, including several from a station in the Philippines from the early 2000s called Crossover 105.1.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smooth_Jazz_(radio_network)
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdAnalyzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 4:31am
I wonder if anyone has airchecks from WSM from the late night. They used to have some epic PSA's. Also, you said you had 17 PSA's so far. Is that how many you posted, or how many you've found? I only saw 6 of them. Do you think there would be a way to link to your folder on Mediafire? I'd like to download the PSA's if that's okay.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 7:52am
I've posted 17 to the folder. Posted 6 to this webpage. Tomorrow there will be another 6 more, Tuesday I'll have the rest. If I find more from the airchecks, I will definitely post.
You'll see a "Download" button on the pages I posted. Look in the upper-right corner.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 6:34pm
It's a new day - another 6 PSAs from the 2000s.

Apathy Is Lethal (AIDS) - Dates back to the 2002-2004 period. The soundtrack goes from a school bell to a Big Ben-like church bell. 30 seconds. -
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/i8hhdq8dzvjlucc/Apathy_Is_Lethal_-_School_and_Church_Bell_PSA_2004.wma
EverydayChoices.Org - Dates back to around 2004. Stroke prevention ad. -
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/44z761jtuh4qd3s/Everyday_Choices_PSA_2004_-_Stroke.wma
Foreclosure Prevention 888-995-HOPE - 2008 PSA. Enough telephone ringing for you? "This could be the most terrifying sound in the world." I remember hearing this one years ago. -
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/pg3j7l7ldg1v392/Foreclosure_Prevention_2008_PSA_-_Terrifying_Sound.wma
Foundation Fighting Blindness - Dates back to 2003-2004. Actor Sam Waterston is the spokesperson. -
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/xnfu6ww9b6umcmj/Foundation_Fighting_Blindness_PSA_2004_-_Sam_Waterston.wma
Gun Crimes Hit Home PSA - Dates back to 2004. Called "Defendant". - 
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/f087yq08hbix5zr/Gun_Crimes_Hit_Home_PSA_2004_-_Defendant.wma
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children PSA - Dates back to 2003-2004. The words "AISI" and "NBD" are followed by a female announcer and dramatic music. - 
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/6u1s6a7auupiedm/National_Center_for_Missing_and_Exploited_Children_PSA_2004_-_Sexual_Predators.wma

Last 5 to be posted tomorrow.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdAnalyzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 11:07pm
I really like the gun crimes and the acronyms one. The latter was creepy to me when I first heard it with the scare chord. Oh yes, and that AIDS one was truly scary.

Do you remember another AIDS PSA that featured a baby crying his head off, and then the announcer came on telling us that a whole bunch of babies are being left without a family to take care of them because people are dying of AIDS? It was truly horrific. There was another one I've been looking for that started off as a commercial for ketchup soup. It had slow harmonica music and an announcer talking about ketchup soup and describing how to make it, by taking ketchup packets and boiling them in water. It all sounded like a real soup commercial, like one you would hear for Campbell's, until you heard the sound of a record player being slowed down, and another announcer says that although this may sound strange, one in five families are hungry, so they have to survive on something like ketchup soup. I did find it on an aircheck from WFMU, but it was mixed in one of those weird experimental things where there are a bunch of noises going on in the background, so I couldn't get just the PSA. Plus I wasn't digging the rest of the music they were playing.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 11:17pm
I haven't heard that AIDS ad. I've heard two - the one I posted, and one with kids saying things like "put away the books" and "take our drawings off the walls" - about how AIDS is killing more people than students enrolled in five large-city school districts combined.
Apathy is Lethal is not even around anymore. Their website was taken off the web years ago, yet I heard that AIDS ad on a Delilah satellite feed in 2013.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdAnalyzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 3:54am
Wow, that sounds creepy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic