Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Crestor Super Fan is back

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Joe Minx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Crestor Super Fan is back
    Posted: 21 May 2014 at 7:29pm
Because the last one went over so well I guess. And he brought the dog with him.

Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 7:45pm
Huh, that wasn't that bad.

Probably because he didn't do that stupid dance.

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 7:55pm
Sure, a bowling alley is the place to celebrate Crestor.  Beer frame, chili dogs, and strenuous activity...
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Sure, a bowling alley is the place to celebrate Crestor.  Beer frame, chili dogs, and strenuous activity...

LOL

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 9:11pm
The Crestor Fan is obnoxious enough I almost want to cheer for Team Cholesterol.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 9:22pm
How does this f*ckstick make me want to "ask my doctor" about this f*cking product? Watch him become Crestor's Flo: annoying and ubiquitous.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 12:27am
I actually think this one is just as bad as the first, if not worse.  The dancing and bedroom decorated in Crestor orange are gone, but now we have not one but FOUR fools listening with rapt attention to Mr. Faux Doctor (too bad they couldn't get rid of him too) like he's explaining a cure for cancer.  That one guy looks like he wants to send all four of them to the loony bin.  Well, at least the wife and son get a break from the Crestor Cheerleader.

I actually wasn't aware there was a new one, since I still see the first one so often.

"Are you down with Crestor?" How about taking the "Are you" out of that sentence: "Down with Crestor!" At least until these abominations stop.
rmcdade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmcdade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 6:23am
As I watch the bowling crestor commercial, I imagine what it will be like in a few years when the crestor commercials are just a nostalgic bit of the past. 

In this distant and fantastic future, 

I imagine finding a crestor bowling shirt at an obscure second hand store. In my image of it there's a patch affixed to the left sleeve. On the patch is the power mantra of every crestor cultist, it reads "Screw You Lipitor!". 

Somewhere out in that tremendous horizon a hideous trembling mass of a man is wheezing out his final words "creeeestooooor uhhhhh"

Just an idea I had. 
rmcdade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmcdade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 6:25am
Well said
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 6:42pm
I think this commercial should be titled "four knuckleheads are entranced by a fake doctor".
MixPickle View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MixPickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 2:22am
Wingnuts. Beer. Sports.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 6:37pm
Just saw this. First off, ALL medication ads drive me absolutely nuts. It's such a huge pet peeve of mine!
10 seconds of the benefit, the rest a string of god awful side effects. "including  death." Watch ABC. National News any night, count how many pill ads you see in 30 minutes.

The Symbicort "big bad wolf" cartoon, thats a new one. Guess they got rid of the dorky sounding grandpa that wants to fish with his grandson "I breathe better and now . 'feesh' on!" (cue happy background music)

Anyway, this Crestor dork. The first ad with his sports banners and trophies. Dancing around like he's watching the Broncos in the Super Bowl game. Now his orange and blue Bowling outfit. 

All I can say is I hope he's getting paid well for doing this, because he's embarrassing himself.

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2014 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I think this commercial should be titled "four knuckleheads are entranced by a fake doctor".

You mean like this?

LOL

madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 4:47am
Noooooooo!!! MAKE IT STOP, MOMMY. MAKE IT STOP!
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 8:00pm
I know we're supposed to think that other guy is feeling left out or wants to join the Crestor team - but I find the commercial is more entertaining if we let that guy represent US - the real people who would be staring at them wondering what adult group home they escaped from.
Bryan View Drop Down
Spammer to be deleted
Spammer to be deleted

Donathan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 9:19pm
Notice how wife and son are not with him this time. Maybe his wife divorced him and took full custody of their son after Dad began acting like a loony fan of Crestor, in the hopes their son would be normal and well adjusted with her as sole parent.
MousieCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MousieCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 1:39am
 As a former ad producer, I cringed tonight when I saw a new addition to the Crestor bowling ad. Obviously, some idiot had asked how they could obtain a white bowling ball with the Crestor logo on it. A new super over the closeup of the ball now says, "Item not available."

I hope people aren't idiotic enough to want a Crestor bowling ball. I hope they were asking for it for a gag gift to a friend who is getting old. But I doubt it. What I don't doubt is that the client and ad agency, freaked by the requests, felt it necessary to add the stupid disclaimer.

Sheesh.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 2:02am

^  I can only imagine that the only person who'd want that bowling ball is the retard in the commercial...and he's just an actor, so he probably doesn't want it either.

MousieCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MousieCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 4:42pm
 My other question about the commercial is what the heck is up with that sour-pussed guy in the next lane? He looks like a depressed psycho. I don't think that free Crestor bowling shirt is going to help.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by MousieCat MousieCat wrote:

As a former ad producer, I cringed tonight when I saw a new addition to the Crestor bowling ad. Obviously, some idiot had asked how they could obtain a white bowling ball with the Crestor logo on it. A new super over the closeup of the ball now says, "Item not available." ...

WinkAs someone who really enjoys bowling when opportunity presents itself, I sort of thought the bowling ball looked pretty cool - I'd like a white/blue/orange one without any advertising.

Now, speaking from the customer-focus, why would ANY ad producer in their right mind *not* see opportunity in selling trinkets with logos, if possible? The vendors give away enough of them - they are not FREE, but, with a little pain, are a tax write-off. Why
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
thespianmom View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thespianmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 4:41pm
When this guy turns around and points at the screen....I just want to jump through the TV and beat the living crap out of him.  What the hell IS that?

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 4:56pm
Just saw a NEW Crestor Ad last night - this one has WAR's 'Low Rider' for background music....
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Just saw a NEW Crestor Ad last night - this one has WAR's 'Low Rider' for background music....

Saw that one too! Just another instance of pharmaceutical companies using songs I like! At least it looks like they kicked the super fan to the curb! I still remember the commercial that featured this song! A dog was trying hypnotize his owner into getting him to give him the keys. Then there's a scene where the dogs driving at night!
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 2:37am

Saw that one too! Just another instance of pharmaceutical companies using songs I like! At least it looks like they kicked the super fan to the curb! I still remember the commercial that featured this song! A dog was trying hypnotize his owner into getting him to give him the keys. Then there's a scene where the dogs driving at night!

Is this the one with the woman leaving the doctors office as he says "You're now down with Crestor." Then she starts dancing all over town like a smacked a$$? Eh, slight...very SLIGHT improvement I guess. The super fan was a total putz! 

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 3:16am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Is this the one with the woman leaving the doctors office as he says "You're now down with Crestor." Then she starts dancing all over town like a smacked a$$? Eh, slight...very SLIGHT improvement I guess. The super fan was a total putz! 

Yes! That's the one!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic