Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A trick to get more money! :D

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Spammer to be deleted
Spammer to be deleted

Donathan. Report posts for deletion.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A trick to get more money! :D
    Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 5:21am
Buy something cheap from one corporation and then go to another corporation that allows you to return without receipts, and say you don't want the item anymore, and get full money back for it. For example, buy a candy for roughly 50 cents on sale at one place, and then go to another place and claim you want to return it, and then get $1.00 for the candy you paid 50 cents for! You just got your money back, plus 50 extra cents! Do this 100 times, you'll end up with $100.00! :D
Sponsored Links

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 5:29am
except most of those places only give you a noreceipt return on a store-specific giftcard, and as far as I know they DON'T layer, which means you'd have to pay for a $100 item with 100 $1 giftcards, and by that point they'd know you're full of sh*t.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Alex View Drop Down
Spammer to be deleted
Spammer to be deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 5:34am
No, not if they give you the item you claim you don't want anymore a cash equivalent of it.... ;)
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 5:46am
Originally posted by Alex Alex wrote:

Buy something cheap from one corporation and then go to another corporation that allows you to return without receipts, and say you don't want the item anymore, and get full money back for it. For example, buy a candy for roughly 50 cents on sale at one place, and then go to another place and claim you want to return it, and then get $1.00 for the candy you paid 50 cents for! You just got your money back, plus 50 extra cents! Do this 100 times, you'll end up with $100.00! :D

It's assholes like you that special order a kid's birthday cake, eat half of it, then return it for a refund "because it was stale."  Get a job, you bum....
Alex View Drop Down
Spammer to be deleted
Spammer to be deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 6:01am
I have a job. I am a movie theater usher....
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 8:12am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

It's assholes like you that special order a kid's birthday cake, eat half of it, then return it for a refund "because it was stale."  Get a job, you bum....
It's this kind of thinking that cost all of us more money.
Scams and fraud are rapant, wasting time and money just for your own benefit? 
Alex View Drop Down
Spammer to be deleted
Spammer to be deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 8:44am
How is that a scam if I PAY for the candy bar? It's not like I am stealing the candy bar and then returning it....
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 9:07am
If that's what you have to do to get by, more power to ya.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 2:28pm

How is that a scam if I PAY for the candy bar? It's not like I am stealing the candy bar and then returning it....

It's fraud.  When you return an item for a refund, you're supposed to be made whole, not make a profit on it.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 4:29pm

If that's the case, just sashay over to the concession counter and grab yourself a giant Kit Kat. That won't cost you anything.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

If that's the case, just sashay over to the concession counter and grab yourself a giant Kit Kat. That won't cost you anything.

Or just peel off some gum from under the seats and scoop some popcorn from the floor.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Or just peel off some gum from under the seats and scoop some popcorn from the floor.

Damn, Hooty - I wasn't ready for that and now have water dribbling down my chin!

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 4:38pm
Here's a neat trick to get more money Alexathang:  Get a better paying job.  

Another trick could be to start turning tricks ... Visiting a strip club and selling lollipops (or Twix bars) as an act of subterfuge might be a good start.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 4:40pm

LOLLOL   Clap   Bada Bing
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 6:01pm
I'm not sure, but I don't think stores take returns on food items.

Plus, in order to do something like that 100 times, you'd either have to attempt it at the same few stores over & over again, in which case they'd catch on after a 2 or 3 times, or you'd have to spend every cent you made in profit on gas driving around town to find stores you hadn't been at yet.

Or in Alexathan's case, bus fare.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 6:19pm
Late night discussion at the Walgreens loading dock.....

"Hey bub, I gotta load of blackmarket Twix bars but it's only the left side,  Fitty cents on the dolla!"
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 6:38pm
What if the store asked your for a reason why you're returning the item?

"Cause I want to make a 50 cent profit!"

I mean seriously, who returns candy unless the packaged was messed with or there was a factory recall. Shoot, I'm usually tear assing into the candy en route to my car in the parking lot!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 7:05pm

I'm guessing that Alex' response to all this will be "But Hootman, eating gum from underneath the seats would be unhealthy".

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 7:21pm
^ LOL  "That's just disgusting and I would never do that and they have another guy to clean that stuff up."
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 7:26pm
pretty much the closest I do to this is buy something extra when I'm using a cheque, then return it immediately to get the cost in cash so I can buy something at a different store.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 4:58am

Hey, here's a better one for you:   Go to a gas station and buy gas.  Put it into those red gas cans.  Wait a few days until the price of gas goes up (it always does), then take the gas back for a refund at the new, higher price.  You'll be rich in no time!
DARK FATHER View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 11:21am
Or perhaps return hidden lottery tickets...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 12:54am
Maybe just reach in the register when *you think* nobody is looking.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic