Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So, smoking air is banned as well?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Spammer to be deleted
Spammer to be deleted

Banned - Report post for deletion.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So, smoking air is banned as well?
    Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 1:04pm
I don't get why E-Cigarettes are being banned the same way real cigarettes are. The E-Cigarette is basically air and water. It's not exactly the same as blowing that nasty chemical laden smoke from real cigarettes on non-smokers.
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 1:19pm
Read up a little more and you may be surprised the FDA is here to protect you.
I have to agree with what doctors are saying, not even to mention that Canada already has studied and banned e-Cigs.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 2:45pm

So, according to that article which says "we don't know if 1/10th the amount of nicotine found in regular smoke is bad" and "people might become addicted to it", I guess it's best just to stick with Marlboros.

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

the FDA is here to protect you.

No, the FDA is here to make money. There are things PROVEN more dangerous than e-cigs that have been allowed by the FDA...cause the right palms were greased.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 3:44pm
Alcohol is the most dangerous & harmful substance that's legal for humans to ingest, but the one time they tried to ban it, people just made their own.

Now it's the same with weed, but there's no large, established big money industry buying votes in congress to make it legal, so it's up to the voters. Plus, the big money booze industry wants to keep it's foot on the competition.

Looks like e cigarettes are in the same boat, with the tobacco industry being the big money interest with it's foot on the competition.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Looks like e cigarettes are in the same boat, with the tobacco industry being the big money interest with it's foot on the competition.

Actually, its foot is in the competition.  Altria (the parent company of Philip Morris) manufactures e-cigs.  Same with Reynolds American (Winstons, Camels and others) and Lorillard (Newports and Kents).

I think it's more likely that the FDA is looking to classify e-cigs as a tobacco product.  There's big taxes in that.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Anna Anna wrote:

I don't get why E-Cigarettes are being banned the same way real cigarettes are. The E-Cigarette is basically air and water. It's not exactly the same as blowing that nasty chemical laden smoke from real cigarettes on non-smokers.
My moms name was Annabell.  Not an imposter.
Hey Anna, are you a manna?
Here's my favorite Anna, eating a banana.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

...Here's my favorite Anna, eating a banana.

Big smileNiiiiiiice! She could be *my* friend too!
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 7:59pm
Actually, wrong blonde tennis player aka .. that's Maria Sharapova indulging in the banana.

You may be mixing her up with Anna Kournikova, seen here indulging in her own banana (albeit at a less fortuitous camera angle):

As for tennis playing Anna's, my personal favorite is Miss Ana Ivanovic Evil Smile

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Actually, wrong blonde tennis player aka .. that's Maria Sharapova indulging in the banana.

You may be mixing her up with Anna Kournikova, seen here indulging in her own banana (albeit at a less fortuitous camera angle):

As for tennis playing Anna's, my personal favorite is Miss Ana Ivanovic Evil Smile

Man, how did that get on the Anna gif page?
It was on the internet, it must be true.
I was going for the tennis player Anna.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 9:00pm

It's not as bad as smoke in terms of immediate effects, sure, but sadly there's not way to properly inhale and "ingest" every bit of nicotine in each puff, meaning when you exhale the water vapour, nicotine itself while still be entering the nearby air and having a potential effect on surrounding people.

That seems to be the most likely reason.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 9:24pm

Okay, might be the last post for me for the day.
Going back to the Kenalexannathan topic. Why would N post such a lame , uninformed post?

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

It's not as bad as smoke in terms of immediate effects, sure, but sadly there's not way to properly inhale and "ingest" every bit of nicotine in each puff, meaning when you exhale the water vapour, nicotine itself while still be entering the nearby air and having a potential effect on surrounding people.

That seems to be the most likely reason.

Nicotine is not the dangerous, cancer-causing ingredient in cigarettes.  It's the addictive ingredient in cigarettes.  It doesn't seem likely that people would get hooked on cigarettes or experience harmful side effects by occasionally breathing in vapors from someone else's e-cigs.

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 11:04pm
I wasn't thinking of cancer, but as an addictive element and something that changes the make-up of the brain, there's probably some "sense" to it, not so much for other adults, but also for children and adolescents whose brains are much more fragile and easier victims to substances that cause an alteration in the brain, even if it's slight.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 4:19am
Quote Nicotine is not the dangerous, cancer-causing ingredient in cigarettes.

Yeah, it's all the pesticides and other chemical processing used on the tobacco (not to mention the sodium silicate applied to the mandated FSC cig paper.)  No wonder the gov't wants people to switch to much "safer" weed....   LOL

You can all have your Annas, I'll take a Daniela (Hantuchova) any day....  Big smile
Anna View Drop Down
Spammer to be deleted
Spammer to be deleted

Banned - Report post for deletion.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 4:37am
I've read disturbing reports that there is acetone in cigarettes. Acetone is nail polish remover.....
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 3:54pm
^always has been acetone in common cigarettes.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 4:12pm
Confused---->>>Direct Link To This Post<<<---clickey...now I'm pretty sure it may well be our very own lil' 'Sybil'.
Perhaps it is time to go see Dr. Freeman.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 4:13pm

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

^always has been acetone in common cigarettes.

There's always been acetone in plants and in the air and in the human body, for that matter.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic