Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amazon FireTV 'Find Gary Busey' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amazon FireTV 'Find Gary Busey' (video)
    Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 5:47am
ShockedBunofasitch! Where the heck did THIS come from - and WHY?!
If *I* wanted to sell idiotbox service, I can think of nobody LESS than Gary Busey I would care to have as a spokesman. The only place I expect to see this guy these days is in a homeless shelter, or maybe one of those anonymous NA, or, well, AA meeting...this gent 'lost it' a long time ago...

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Alex View Drop Down
Spammer to be deleted
Spammer to be deleted

Donathan. Report posts for deletion.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 8:27am
Gary Busey is one ugly douchebag. I honestly thought he was a very ugly Ted Danson until he said his name.....
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

or maybe one of those anonymous NA, or, well, AA meeting...this gent 'lost it' a long time ago...

Well, in his defense, he "lost it" following a motorcycle crash that resulted in brain damage, not due to drugs or booze.

And Busey's awesome.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 1:18am
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

or maybe one of those anonymous NA, or, well, AA meeting...this gent 'lost it' a long time ago...

Well, in his defense, he "lost it" following a motorcycle crash that resulted in brain damage, not due to drugs or booze.

And Busey's awesome.
It was a combination of both. He was a heavy cocaine abuser before the bike wreck - even had a famous O.D. episode about 20 years back. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 1:28am
I still amazes me that companies will use the most unattractive, stupid, mental-acting people for their ads. Is it shock value, or maybe let's just get their attention? At which point vast majority of viewers say, "ich!"
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 4:15pm
^^ If you've ever seen his son, you'd probably agree that the apple didn't fall too far from the tree.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 8:10pm
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 10:31pm
^Good God no! I know those are rough looking pictures of Nolte but in his prime he was one fine specimen--Busey in his prime couldn't hold a candle to him.

There are several differences but the most obvious to me is the mouth and teeth. Nolte's mouth is smaller, slimmer and he doesn't have horse teeth (Busey spent money early in his career to fix teeth and they ruined his).

When I first read Insanity's remark about Busey and his son I completely agree. I immediately thought of the Howard brothers. While Ron is not "completely unfortunate (Legally Blonde)", since Happy Days, he has certainly lost what looks he had. Clint Howard was cute as a little boy, "Gentle Ben," but he quickly lost his little boy cuteness and is one of the ugliest actors. Ron lost his hair all at once in his thirties, and both of them have awful shaped teeth. Clint has very heavy features, eyebrows and eyelids. He has mostly played a "heavy" since he grew up.

Now, the Swayze brothers are totally different. Patrick was pretty good looking, but his brother Don Swayze is his "evil" twin. You can see where he has the same type of looks but everything on Patrick becomes reversed and Don always looks mean, evil, etc. His forehead creases are terrible (craters).
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2014 at 2:54pm
The only thing that is a little annoying is that "YAAAYYY!" at the end. And I swear to goodness sake that voice is not Gary Busey, it sounds like Guy Fieri from "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives."

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Phoenix_Moon514 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phoenix_Moon514 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2014 at 9:14pm
The acting in this commercial is terrible.
“The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.”
― Ayn Rand
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic